TCG Fakes Reggie McGigas's Image-Based Fake Cards: Wailmer and Wailord

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
First of all, that may be the first Zygarde-EX image card I've seen. Possibly due to a lack of decent Zygarde images, but at any rate, you pulled it off fantastically. It's easy to see how much you've improved since the early cards in the OP.

Next, a bit of critique.

–Regular art EXes usually have the special effect (in this case, the lightning) going around the border, not just around the image.
–Speaking of which, I caution you from overusing the lightning. It's a very good effect, but it probably shouldn't be on every regular-art EX card.
–Same for the background on the FAs. It's a good background, but you seem to be overusing it a bit (or maybe it's just the texture).

I also need to know where you get the lightning. :p

Reggie McGigas

-
First of all, that may be the first Zygarde-EX image card I've seen. Possibly due to a lack of decent Zygarde images, but at any rate, you pulled it off fantastically. It's easy to see how much you've improved since the early cards in the OP.

Next, a bit of critique.

–Regular art EXes usually have the special effect (in this case, the lightning) going around the border, not just around the image.
–Speaking of which, I caution you from overusing the lightning. It's a very good effect, but it probably shouldn't be on every regular-art EX card.
–Same for the background on the FAs. It's a good background, but you seem to be overusing it a bit (or maybe it's just the texture).

I also need to know where you get the lightning. :p

- Got it, I'll do that from now on
- Well, I don't recall using it on Beedrill and Moltres. I'll refrain from using it for the next few cards.
- Yeah, I picked it specifically for the legendary birds but liked it enough that I used it for Beedrill and Zygarde as well.

I got the lightning from google images (just type lightning png transparent background or something like that)

Next card will be from Sands of Justice.

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
I wasn't saying to stay away from it altogether! Just maybe limit it to cards that lightning really makes sense on. Zygarde, for example, being a Ground-type and having no connection to electricity, could make use of different effects, like cracks in earth, sand, GlowBalls™, etc. The legendary birds, being Flying-types, have a connection to thunderstorms and therefore electricity, so it makes more sense there.

Sorry if my critiquing came out as harsh; it wasn't intended to be. :)

Looking forward to the next card!

Reggie McGigas

-
The fullart's gold lines were a pain to get down.

5525146_orig.png
3813475_orig.png

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
:O That's a cool effect ^____^

Remember to capitalise Stadium and italicise (before your attack).

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Thanks. I'm finally getting myself to admit that Corel PaintShop Pro X4 isn't getting any faking support any time soon, so I'm switching over.
:O
I use Corel Photopaint X4!! Don't leave me here!

Reggie McGigus said:
I. Hate. Gold. Lines.
What if I told you that the holosheet on Regigigas should not cover Regigigas itself?

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
*gasps* Maybe there is still hope! I really hope the two programs are similar enough to share techniques. What fonts do you use? (I can never find the right one.)
I do think there are effectively the same. Photopaint I think is just exclusive with a CorelDraw package, but PaintShop Pro I believe is the standalone version. I won't be able to share techniques now, but prod me with a PM so I remember. >.<

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
What if I told you that the holosheet on Regigigas should not cover Regigigas itself?
Whyever not? On EXes, including FAs, the holosheet does indeed over the Pokémon. 'Tis only on non-EX holos that the Pokémon has no holosheet.

And Reggie, that turned out very nicely! I especially like the effects on the regular art. ;)

Reggie McGigas

-
:O
I use Corel Photopaint X4!! Don't leave me here!

Trust me, I know that it should go on the golden lines only. I've tried that and it gives it a very pixelated and sloppy looking effect. It looks a lot nicer on the whole Pokemon, plus there are holosheets on the FA EX cards IRL.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Trust me, I know that it should go on the golden lines only. I've tried that and it gives it a very pixelated and sloppy looking effect. It looks a lot nicer on the whole Pokemon, plus there are holosheets on the FA EX cards IRL.
Oh, I meant the normal EX :p

Whyever not? On EXes, including FAs, the holosheet does indeed over the Pokémon. 'Tis only on non-EX holos that the Pokémon has no holosheet.

I just opened my binder and noticed my Darkrai-EX from LT had a holosheet over it, but Gengar-EX didn't. I think.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reggie McGigas

-
Here's Latias!
7651676_orig.png

2769848_orig.png

Also, as a bonus here is a Mewtwo Wallpaper. It's 1920 by 1080.
3563288_orig.png

If you want to see an EX card or a wallpaper let me know.

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards
Man, no likes, no comments, something tells me Latias isn't popular.

Once again, I am up for requests.

4743097_orig.png
9066607_orig.png
Um, if we're being honest, that card is pretty, well, unplayable. Landorus-EX does 150 damage for the same energy cost, and 30 + 30 to the bench seems better than 30 and then draw 2 and gdo 50 to yourself, which means essentially 2 free prizes. I like the idea, trying to bring back set-up attacks, but this card seems kind of Lackluster. Sorry if I came across as rude, i love your cards, it's just that in terms of playability it seems dull.