We now have the first product details for our special October set! As we posted last year, the set will celebrate the 25th anniversary of the Pokemon TCG.
Each 25th anniversary product will feature “mini booster packs.” Each of these will come with four cards. Furthermore, every 25th anniversary product will come with “normal” booster packs. These are presumably from regular sets, though we can’t be absolutely certain at this time.
Since only the mini packs use a 25th anniversary label, it seems whatever special cards we’re getting will only be found within the mini packs. This also implies the 25th anniversary set will be relatively small.
The following is a preliminary list of 25th anniversary products we received. Like all special sets, the booster packs will only be found within these promo products. There will be a few more products released that aren’t listed here, such as a Premium Collection:
- 25th Anniversary Giant Figure Collection: 9x “25th anniversary” mini booster packs, 3x “normal” booster packs, 1x V promo, 1x VMAX promo, a giant Pikachu figure
- 25th Anniversary Pikachu V Box: 4x mini booster packs, 2x normal booster packs, 1x Pikachu V promo, 1x Pikachu V jumbo
- 25th Anniversary Elite Trainer Box: 10x mini boosters, 5x boosters, 1x promo card, and the usual contents of an Elite Trainer Box
- 25th Anniversary Collector’s Chest Tin: 6x mini boosters, 2x boosters, 3x promo cards, stickers, notepad, mini portfolio
- 25th Anniversary Pokemon Pin Boxes: 4x mini boosters, 2x boosters, 2x promo cards, 1x pin
- 25th Anniversary Mini Tins: 2x mini boosters, 1x booster pack, 1x metallic coin
As usual these product details are preliminary and subject to change.
What do you think we’ll be getting in the 4-card booster packs? Remakes of old cards?