Pokemon.com has announced that our 2021 Standard format will be Team Up and on.
Events taking place after August 28th will use the updated format.
2021’s Expanded format will remain unchanged; sets after Black & White will continue to be legal.
The Standard format for the 2021 season will consist of the following expansions:
- Sun & Moon—Team Up and any expansions released afterward
- Black Star Promo cards numbered SM158 and up and SWSH001 and up
- Cards from the following products are also legal:
- Hidden Fates (excluding all cards from the Shiny Vault subset other than Lycanroc-GX SV67/SV94)
- Pokémon TCG: Detective Pikachu
- Cards from McDonald’s Collections will be legal in the Standard format only if they’re functionally identical to a card that is currently legal in the Standard format. New expansions become legal for tournament play on two weeks after they are released.
All cards from the Sword & Shield Series have a letter in the bottom-left corner called a regulation mark. In the future, this mark will determine which cards are allowed in tournament play. For the 2021 season, all cards with the “D” regulation mark are legal to use in tournaments. New cards with this regulation mark still must follow the appropriate waiting period to become tournament legal (typically two weeks).