TPCi is continuing to market Shining Legends in the same way as last year’s Generations. Similar to the Mew and Mewtwo Super Premium Collection, a new “Shining Legends Super Premium Collection” featuring Ho-Oh will be released on October 4th! It’ll come with…
- A full-art Ho-Oh-GX promo that paints the Rainbow Pokemon in rainbow colors (the rainbow rare, I’m assuming?)
- A Ho-Oh figure
- Two never-before-seen foil promo cards featuring Shining Lugia and Shining Celebi
- A foil promo card featuring Pikachu
- 10 Shining Legends booster packs
- A playmat featuring nine Shining Pokemon
- A special booklet with a behind-the-scenes look at the art of Shining Legends
- Three collector’s boxes to hold everything, with 12 dividers to keep them organized
- A PTCGO code card
The entire package will cost a modest $79.99 — eye yi yi!
The product description mentions that this package will include “never-before-seen” foil promos of Shining Lugia and Shining Celebi. Those cards were originally in the main Shining Legends set, so assuming they’re not alternate art cards, it seems that TPCi is holding them “hostage” to get fans to buy this collection.
It’s also no coincidence that the star cards are Gen II Pokemon. Fans will have Gen II on their minds in light of the recent Pokemon GO update, the upcoming Gold and Silver Virtual Console releases, and the upcoming 20th movie featuring Ho-Oh and the Legendary Beasts. So this $80 collection will surely be tempting.