The rules for Japan’s Video Game World Qualifier Tournaments have been announced in Black and White‘s video game guide. Bangiras has translated the rules below. Their qualifier tournaments will begin in March and winners will be able to compete at Worlds 2010 in San Diego for the title of World Champion. Whether or not these rules will apply to America’s qualifier tournaments remains to be seen.
- Only Pokemon from Isshu can be used (excluding Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genosect).
- Each match is a double battle, though the amount of Pokemon that can be used in a match is not mentioned. It might be “bring six Pokemon and use four” like in the past.
- Pokemon should be Level 50. Pokemon higher than that will be lowered to Level 50. Pokemon Level 49 and below will remain at the same level.
- You can’t use duplicate Pokemon or Items.
- You can’t change your Pokemon, Items, etc. during the tournament.