Update #13 (10:00 AM) – Translations of pages 2 and 3 posted below.
Clearer scans of this month’s CoroCoro magazine have been leaked on to Japanese message board 2ch; click their thumbnails below for larger images. Yaminokame has kindly translated all of the information below. Thanks goes to Viper.Fox as well for assisting with the scan acquisition!
Pages 2 and 3
- Professor Araragi leaves you, Cheren (the black-haired boy), and Belle (the blond girl) each a present and tells you to share it with them (they are your childhood friends). This is when you pick your starter. Sometimes you’ll battle your friends during your adventure. Belle is spontaneous and one of your two rivals. She also has a strong side to her that shows sometimes, such as when she goes out on her adventure against her father’s wishes. During your adventure she will have times where she will be unreliable as well, but she will grow as the story progresses. Cheren is very intelligent. He’s extremely trustworthy and will give you advice throughout your journey. His goal is to be a champion.
Pages 4 and 5
- When you pick your starter, the other two go to your two rivals Cheren and Belle. All three of you start your journey together at the same time, just like Ash, Gary, and the other Pallet Town Pokemon Trainers in the show and the three Gold and Silver trainers in the Legend of Raikou special.
- The game starts from Route 1, indicating that this region is much farther away than Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh.
- N will keep challenging you in order to confirm his ideas of justice. He calls Pokemon his “friends,” but one of the screenshots shows him saying that he wants to split humans and Pokemon and divide them so that the world is black and white. He has the unique idea to set Pokemon free from people. He’s looking for the power to grant these ideals.
Pages 6 and 7
- In 3-on-3 battles, if your Pokemon is, for example, on the far left, it won’t be able to hit a Pokemon on the far right. There is a button on the bottom left hand corner of the battle screen which is called “Move” and allows you to swap your Pokemon’s positions. Thus, a Pokemon on the far right can hit the opponent’s Pokemon that are on the far right as well as the middle. The magazine also says that if the Pokemon in the middle uses an attack that hits all Pokemon, then it will be very powerful.
- A new ability called Telepathy prevents Pokemon from receiving damage from teammates. For example, if a Pokemon has Telepathy in a two-on-two or three-on-three battle and one of your Pokemon uses Surf, the Pokemon with Telepathy will not be damaged.
- There is a new, unnamed attack which for one turn will cause all of your team members to avoid attacks that hit all team members.
Pages 8 and 9
- Rankurusu (the green cell) and Gochiruzeru (the black humanshaped Pokemon) are both version-exclusives, but it doesn’t say which is in which version.
- Pokemon White will exclusively feature White Forest while Pokemon Black will exclusively feature Black City.
- You can see Black City in the top left of the scan and White Forest right next to it. You can also see game screenshots of the two locations below their artwork.
- There will be cities that look different based on the version even though they are the same city. In the bottom two screenshots on the left page, you can see one city that looks different in both versions of the game.
Pages 10 and 11
- Gochiruzeru (ゴチルゼル) is the Celestial Body Pokemon, also a Psychic-type (the humanshape goth). Its one known ability is Frisk and it can learn a new move called Magic Room, which takes away the effects of items for 5 turns. It is 1.5m tall and weighs 44.0kg. Its name may derive from “gothic” and “madmoiselle.”
- Rankurusu (ランクルス) is the Amplification Pokemon, a Psychic-type (the green blob). It knows a new ability called “Dust-Proof” (ぼうじん), which prevents it (and possibly other Pokemon on your team that are out in battle) from taking damage from weather effects such as Sandstorm and Hail. Its second ability is Magic Guard, which was previously exclusive to the Clefable line. It stands 1.0m tall and weighs 20.1kg. Its name may derive from “chaos” and “homunculus.”
- Wargle (ウォーグル) is the Valor Pokemon, a Normal/Flying type. Its name derives from “war” and “eagle.” One of its abilities is Keen Eye and the other is Encourage, which boosts the power of its attacks but prevents any secondary effects such as Poisoning or Burning (Hihidaruma has the same ability). It can learn a new attack called Free Fall (フリーフォール), which involves the Pokemon grabbing the opponent, lifting it into the air, and then on the next turn throwing it to the ground. It stands 1.5m tall and weighs 41.0kg.
- Kibago (キバゴ) is the Tusk Pokemon, a Dragon-type. Its abilities are Rivalry and Mold Breaker. It has a new attack called Double Chop (ダブルチョップ), which hits the opponent twice. It is 0.6m tall and weighs 18.0kg.
- Koromori (コロモリ) is the Bat Pokemon, a Psychic/Flying-type Pokemon. Its abilities are Unaware and Klutz. It knows a new attack called Heart Stamp (ハートスタンプ), which can cause the opponent to flinch. It is 0.4m tall and weighs 2.1kg.
- Minezumi (ミネズミ) is the Lookout Pokemon, a Normal-type. Its abilities are Run Away and Keen Eye. It knows a new attack called “You First” (おさきにどうぞ) that makes the opponent attack first. It stands 0.5m tall and weighs 11.6kg.
Pages 12 and 13
Musharna (ムシャーナ) is the Trance Pokemon and is a Psychic-type like its pre-evolution Munna. The dreams of Pokemon are inside its smoke; both Munna and Musharna give off this Dream Smoke. It has the abilities Forewarn and Synchronize, stands 1.1m tall, and weighs 60.5kg.
- If you obtain “Dream Smoke,” you can use a “Game Sync” to enable the uploading of your Black and White file to the Internet. Basically, it seems like “Dream Smoke” unlocks your ability to upload your game file.
- The player will receive the C Gear from Makomo, Professor Araragi’s friend, after they do something she asks. The C Gear has features for Wi-Fi, local wireless, and infrared.
- The High Link is a building at the center of Isshu through which you can connect to other players’ games. Using the High Link, you can travel to another player’s world and adventure with them together.
Pages 14 and 15
- With the DS’s infrared signal, you can have speedy battles with up to four players and speedy trades directly from your party or PC box. You can also automatically exchange friend codes over infrared now.
- A new feature called Passing By will allow your DS to connect automatically with other players that are nearby. As you advance in Black and White, you will be able to help others on their journey. It is part of the C Gear.
- The games have a Live Caster feature (not for the old DS or DS Lite), which allows you to use the DSi’s camera to talk to friends through video feed. Locally, you can talk to up to four people, while over Wi-Fi you can only talk to two. The Live Caster will have a pen and stamp tool so you can play with the pictures while using the video chat.
- Characters in the game will use the Live Caster feature to talk to you as well. o.o’ N is seen using this in the trailer that showed on Oha Suta a few weeks ago.
- As has been rumored for months, the two games will now support Kanji for Japanese players. Apparently, the game’s script will change a bit as well, perhaps since those who would change to Kanji are older players (will it be a little more detailed with more advanced vocabulary?). This feature won’t be in the English games because it’s a Japanese language thing.
- There is a new feature called Feeling Check that checks the compatibility of players. One of the things it shows is a game where two people have to keep the same rhythm.
Pages 16 and 17, 18 and 19
- The Pokemon Global Link, which is the service that allows you to upload your Black and White save file to a special website, has two different modes: one where you have your Pokemon play in a dream and another where you can battle online. You can unlock the Global Link feature once you obtain Musharna, the evolution of Munna, meaning it is one of those “gimmick” Pokemon like Plusle and Minun were for 2-on-2 battles.
- If you are registered through the Pokemon Global Link, you can play online battles using a “Rating Mode” or “Random Match” mode at to the Global Terminal inside the Pokemon Center. It will send your battle results to a server and you can compare your results to other players to see who is a strong Trainer.
- In the World of Dreams, your Pokemon have their own rooms that they can play in and they can play mini-games with other Pokemon. Pokemon that your Pokemon becomes friends with in the dream world can be taken back to the real world, being your game; you can capture Pokemon not available in the Isshu PokeDex and transfer them to your games in this fashion. To transfer Pokemon to the computer and thus to the World of Dreams, there will be a new Game Sync option available through the C Gear, which allows you to choose one Pokemon to send to your computer.
- There is going to be an event held from 8/7 to 8/31 where you can encounter an Eeveelution in a dream on the Pokemon Daisuki Club website, perhaps a way to teach players how the new feature will work. Presumably, you can send the Eeveelution you encounter back to Black and White once they are released.