Update #2 (11:30 PM): The CoroCoro page with 13th movie information contains nothing we don’t already know. Looks like we won’t have any “world-first” news from them until at least next month’s issue.
According to the Japanese blog Newsroom, a new Pokemon Ranger game, Tracks of Light, will be released on March 6th in Japan for the DS. On the day the game is released, players will be able to download a special Deoxys mission to obtain the D.N.A. Pokemon, which can then be transferred to Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, or SoulSilver.
The game’s announcement will be in this month’s CoroCoro (which is where the info is stated to have come from), and scans of the issue should be leaked on the Internet sometime during the next few days. It will probably be announced on this week’s Pokemon Sunday as well, since they are set to make a major announcement during the show’s game segment. This information is not confirmed as of yet because it comes from a Japanese blog, so hang tight until we receive official confirmation! Thanks go to Bangiras for the translations above!
As for this month’s CoroCoro, we’re supposed to be getting “world-first” news related to the 13th Pokemon movie. The news could either be a new Pokemon (though it’s probably still too early in the year), plot details, a revealing of the hidden Celebi event in HeartGold and SoulSilver, or perhaps even something about the Lock / Rock Capsule. Whatever it may be, we’ll find out soon, so be sure to check back!
(Update @ 2:00 AM): CoroCoro scans leaked on to the Internet have confirmed the information posted above. Bangiras has translated the information below. As stated before, this is probably the big news Pokemon Sunday is going to announce this week. Click the thumbnails below for larger images.
- The game takes place in the Oblivia region, a range of islands – you can see a picture of it in the top left of the first scan. Many ruins are said to sleep on these islands.
- A sinister gang appears all over Oblivia chasing after Pokemon. The evil team is named the “Pokemon-nappers” and their leader is “Red Eye.” He is the blond man with the streak of red hair.
- Your partner is apparently a Pichu that holds a Ukulele, appropriately called “Ukulele Pichu.”
- There is a secret to the Deoxys you can obtain from the downloaded mission, which will be revealed in the next issue.
- There is a new feature called the “Ranger Sign,” which is an upgrade you can get for the Capture Styler during the game. If you successfully draw a specific pattern with your stylus, a Pokemon will come out to assist you. “Connect with the hearts of specific Pokemon to summon them!” You’ll obtain various signs over the course of your adventure. On the second page under the Deoxys artwork, you can see the patterns to call Eevee and Croagunk, and you can see some of the patterns for the Legendary Beasts above them on the opposite page.
- You can use your Pokemon via PokeAssist to help capture wild Pokemon, but if one of the wild Pokemon’s attacks hits your Pokemon, it will run away. This is shown in the bottom left of the first scan.
- When Entei, Suicune, and Raikou assist you, you ride on their backs to overcome obstacles. It appears this will be the case for other Pokemon too, such as Latias.
- Up to four players can play special missions together to capture Pokemon, as seen in the bottom right of the second page. Successfully capturing Pokemon involves connecting lines you draw with the lines your friends draw.
- A demo of the game will be available at DS Download Stations in Japan starting January 29th.
- The new CoroCoro has announced the “Event” PokeWalker course, which will be available for download from 1/29 – 2/28. This course features Sableye, Pikachu, Chatot, Croagunk, Buneary, and Pachirisu.
- On the subject of PokeWalker events, starting today, HeartGold and SoulSilver players will be able to download the “Champ Road” course over Nintendo Wi-Fi. Previously available at Pokemon tournaments, the course features Munchlax, Beldum, Bronzor, Horsea, and Magikarp, all with uncommon moves. The download is only available from 1/13 – 1/27.