• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Zorozor [Scizor Prime & Zoroark]

Ahiro

Aspiring Trainer
Hello pokebeach! How is it going? Well, I'm thinking new ideas for decks. And I came with this: A Scizor Prime deck.

Decklist:

Pokémon:
4-4 Scizor Prime UD
2-2-2 Klinklang B/W
3-3 Zoroark B/W
4 Skarmory TM
1-1 Blissey Prime GS
1-1 Noctowl GS
Total: 28

Items/Supporters/Stadiums:
3 Pokémon Collector
4 Pokémon Communication
3 Professor Oak's New Theory
3 Seeker
2 Professor Juniper
2 Twins
Total: 17

Energies:
7 {M}
4 Special {M}
4 Special {D}
Total: 15

Strategy:
Well, the strategy is simple: start with Skarmory and start attaching metal energies to any pokémon that you have on the bench. Meanwhile, build: Klinklang and Scizor Primes (you can leave some spaces for Noctowl or Blissey, that's your choice). If you're plaing against a fire type deck, build Zoroarks instead of Scizor Primes. The only powerful (or famous) deck in the new format is Reshiboar, so Zoroark can copy Blue Flame.

Scizor Prime: used for do a lot of damage, and it cannot be damaged against a pokémon that has special energies attached to it.
Noctowl: Draw Power. Nothing more.
Blissey Prime: Heal tech. It's not very necessary (you can retreat + seeker your damaged scizor) so that's why it is a 1-1 line.
Klinklang: You don't need to attach the energies to your scythers thanks to this fellow. Just move it to the pokémon that you need. It is also used to avoid discarding the energies with Blissey Prime, so you can just keep attacking without losing damage power.
Zoroark: Fire counter. Just move two energies to Zoroark and copy a nice attack from the opponent. If you are against Reshiram you can OHKO with a special dark.

The idea is build at least one Scizor Prime in T2 and start doing 70-90 (thanks to Skarmory).

Any suggestion/critic would be appreciated.

I dunno man, playing a line of stage 2's just to move around metal energies? I'd say its a bad idea for klinklang to be in that deck, the skarmory's are good though. I would run lanturn prime from the "Unleashed" set. If you he is electric type so he can take out water types, BUT he can also change into water type that can counter scizors fire weakness. AND THEN powerful spark does 40 plus 10 for each energy, so even if you dont get a scyther in the opening hand you can still steel coat a chinchou or something else so the energy wont go to wasted. so I would run a few rainbow energies too. like 2 or 3 because they count as either electric or metal energy. just an idea, I would totally take out klinklang though. its just not worth it.

^Agreed with Klinklang. Also, Scizor/Lanturn just seems too good of a pair to pass up. They pair together so well how could you not use them?

Another quick note: You couldn't "Foul Play" a "Blue Flame," for example. The attack has a clause of "Discard 2 {R} NRG from this Pokemon. Unless you use {R} NRG to pay for Foul Play's cost, you couldn't use the attack.

At flamemaster, you can use any attack with foul play. With your example, you just don't have to discard anything unless you had fire on zoroark

The compedium says that if an attack says you need to discard X amount of Y energy, you need to have at least the amount of energy asked to be discarded. Even if it just says discard all Y energy attached to this card to use this attack, you need to have at least one of the energy asked for to use the attack.

This came up in Card Rulings a few days ago, and this was pretty much the answer given. Zoroark is wierd.

Let's see.... I read some days ago that if the effect is "discard all fire energy attached to this pokemon", Zoroark's Foul Play can do de attack, and discards the energy. If it has 0 fire energy, you discard all the fire energy, in conlusion, 0. If Blue Flame had the sentence "if you can't discard 2 fire energies this attack does nothing", then you couldn't be able to do Blue Flame. Am I wrong?

About the Klinklang... I put it in the deck because I've didn't tested it yet, so I don't know how it works. I'll consider the Lanturn Prime idea when I test the deck, thanks!

@vareki: That's exactly what I'm saying. Although, Ahiro and Sleeping Snorlax may have a point. I've asked around and others seem to agree that you can use any attack with Zoroark. I would, however, seriously look into it before ensuing in any competitive battling. I have a difficult time believing that if you don't use {R} nRG to pay for the attack, you can still essentially "Foul Play" a "Blue Flame." IMO, you NEED to be able to do whatever it is that the original Pokemon would have to do in order to complete the attack. In Blue Flame's case, discarding 2 {R} NRG.

The notion that you can Foul Play just about anything you want and not have to do whatever clause the attack might have seems farfetch'd(Get it, Farfetch'd?!?!) at best.

Well when it comes to rules like that. If there is no specific ruling by all the big head who run the game. I would suggest trying to contact your regional director. But as far as I see the attack, I go by a literal reading. If it says discard a specific energy, you discard it only if you have it on the Pokemon, but if you copy, lets just say, dragon rush then you have to discard the two energy. But an attack like absol prime you can't use unless you can discard the Pokemon. Everyone at my league plays it this way, but we may be wrong. I run klingklang in my scizor deck but I run super scoop ups as well and seekers. You should play one non prime for an umbreon counter but then you need plus powers to one shot it. So I say take out a zoroark line and two rescues for four plus powers. Good luck

If I'm aloud to help with Zoroarks "Foul Play" attack, click the link and go down to the section on Zoroark.
http://www.pokemon.com/us/news/tcg_bw1_featureds-2011-04-20/

It clearly states that Zoroark can use Reshiram's Blue Flare AGAINST it, for no downside. And if this is on this official website, that makes it.. Well, official. Hope I helped. :)

Sorry for say this, but I knew it that I was right xD Thanks T-Peezy for the info :)

By the way, I tested the deck with Klinklang and worked great. When Scizor was very damaged, I just moved the energies to the new one, and wait to get KO'd (or just switch it). I'll test it with Lanturn tomorrow, but... I dunno, already knowing that Zoroark can be a nice counter to Reshiram... but I'll test it, anyway. I'm not going to refuse an idea without testing it.

I run almost the same deck. But instead of Switches I play a 1-1 Dodrio UD for free retreat. It's not the best, but I can get Skarmory out of the way and bring Scizor in when it's built. Start doing 90+ damage. Then when it's about to be knocked out, retreat for free, then Seeker it back to my hand, and send another Scizor out.

Not the best strategy, but I think it'd be worth a try.

IMO is a nice deck. You have the Red Armor of Scizor, that decks that use special energy cannot do anything. I mean... Tyranitar and Steelix will need to not use the special dark/metal. If you encounter against another scizor, you just move the special energies with klinklang, an then KO it. Maybe it needs a heavy tank, like Aggron or Steelix itself, I'll see how it works against new metagame decks. The only bad problem I see is against Reshiram, and it can be easily KO'ed with Zoroark. Maybe it is not the faster deck in the earth, but its a nice idea.

Updated decklist:

+4 Darkness Special: Just to OHKO Reshirams with Zoroark.

Also, I tested it with Lanturn, and I like more the idea with Klinklang. I'll see of add Lanturn as a third attacker, I dunno.

Ahiro said:
Updated decklist:

+4 Darkness Special: Just to OHKO Reshirams with Zoroark.

Also, I tested it with Lanturn, and I like more the idea with Klinklang. I'll see of add Lanturn as a third attacker, I dunno.

I was going to suggest this up until I read all the way down to you posting this yourself haha. zoroark is horrible against reshiram or zekrom straight up because they're live and do 140 damage to you. but with these special dark energies, you'll do fine.

@Ghost Beart hahaha yeah, I realized that when I tested the deck against a Reshiboar deck. With a special dark energy I can do 130 damage, and so a OHKO against Zekrom/Reshiram. I'm also thinking a healing tech like Blissey Prime and some more metal energies.

yeah if you're up against zekrom and do 40 damage to yourself, then you'll need a way to heal since zoroark has much less hp than zekrom so it couldn't handle that much damage to itself very easily. blissey prime would work.

Yes, I know that. That's some interesting weakness, that's why I'm thinking of a healing tech or another attacker.

@Ghost Bear Against Zekrom I just use Scizor to KO it fast. But also Zoroark is a good idea for use. Nevermind, Blissey Prime was one of my options, I have to test it.

You might want to check the ruling on the special darkness paired with zoarak. But this deck seems... Nice and simple, Im personally a reshiboar fan myself :p but has anyone thought of a maractus deck?

Emm, I dunno why I need to check the ruiling with the sepcial darkness paired with Zoroark. It does 10 more damage to the defending pokemon. It is only ignored if the pokémon isn't dark type.

About Maractus... I want to do something with that one, but I still didn't get any idea.

Back