XY Your Shiny Hunts

It took me about a week, but I got a shiny Larvesta. It only took 1224 eggs before a shiny one hatched at number 1225, but it was worth it. It's a female, four perfect IV's, and a modest nature. I'll post a picture later, thinking about naming her Gabriella.

Two weeks ago, a shiny Metang appeared within 3 minutes in friend safari. However, I killed it accidentaly. I was try to hunt another one. About 30 minutes later, another shiny pokemon appeared. This time it was shiny Mawile and I caught it. After that, I was trying to hunt a shiny Metang but nothing happened. Las week, I went to friend safari, the second pokemon I encountered was a shiny Mawile again. Of course, I still had not encountered any other shiny pokemon after the second shiny Mawile caught. Yesterday, I went to friend safari for whatever reason. And what surprised me was the first pokemon I encountered was a shiny Metang. Finally, I caught it. And the most interesting thing is I got a shiny pokemon 3 weeks in a row.

I finally managed to get a shiny Snubbull in a Friend Safari after 4 Spritzees. It took its time but it's worth it because Snubbull is so damn cute :3

I decided today to give that consecutive fishing a shot and after about an hour of fishing at Parfum Palace I got me a Shiny Corphish. I then went to Route 8 to try for another one and after only 7 Reel-ins I got a Shiny Staryu. I was super stoked. Natures are meh but whatever they shall be my treasured friends. :3

While horde training some of my post-game utility team (capture Pokémon, item thief, Horde battle initiator, etc) I found and caught my second shiny Wingull (I traded away the first one). It's awesome to have another chance with a shiny!

I've gotten multiple shinies in X, but I don't treasure them as much as three particular shinies. My very first shiny was an Abra, in X, and I've played every generation since Yellow (yes I know there are no shinies in gen1). I was so shocked I chucked my Master Ball at it. I didn't want my first shiny ever to teleport away. After that I got more in X, but I won't list them. My second most precious shiny is my first "random shiny," a female Buneary I found re-playing Platinum not too long ago. I'd never found a shiny outside of X, so I was shocked to say the least. Named her Bon Bon. :3 My favorite shiny is my gorgeous Latias, whom I got after less than 400 lucky SR's in White2. Love her to death, especially since she has a decent nature and I can use her in battle.

I'm heading back in time a bit to Black 2 and White 2 to try my first (and probably last) soft reset hunt for Latios and Latias. With Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire on the way, and the very real likelihood that all of the legendaries in the games will be shiny locked like X and Y, I figure this will be my best chance to get my two favorite legendaries in shiny form. It helps that I completed both national Pokédexes before Bank came out, so I at least have the shiny charm in both games. I'll post pictures when I finally succeed.

While level grinding a few days ago, I randomly stumbled upon a shiny Altaria and caught it within a Dusk Ball. This is the 3rd shiny I caught by myself in Pokemon X version (Gulpin/Swalot and Gurdurr/Conkeldurr were the previous two).

It was also the first shiny I caught with the Shiny Charm I got after getting the data for all 718 Pokemon in the National Pokedex.

Reggie McGigas said:
I've decided to start playing X again to get a shiny vivilion

What pattern?

I've recently managed to get a shiny Onix and a shiny Shuckle through Friend Safari, and a shiny Illumise through MM'ing. Currently breeding Starlys in an attempt to get a shiny one :)

steffenka said:
Reggie McGigas said:
I've decided to start playing X again to get a shiny vivilion

What pattern?

I've recently managed to get a shiny Onix and a shiny Shuckle through Friend Safari, and a shiny Illumise through MM'ing. Currently breeding Starlys in an attempt to get a shiny one :)

Modern

So far, I've tried chaining but I keep getting Zigzagoons. I get to chains of 20 then accidentally flee by instinct xD

Unbelievable, I tried to shiny hunt via chain fish for a shiny Carvanha found on route 22. After some consecutive tries I came across 3 shiny Goldeens, rather than Carvanha. I know Sharpedo will have a Mega evolution, and I want to see how its Mega shiny evolution looks like.

wow..
Shiny Bunnelby after like..20 eggs .. my first quick shiny hunt ever! :eek:
I was breeding a japanese perfect iv Excadrill with a regular huge power female Bunnelby and wasn't even trying to hatch a shiny. I just wanted to breed a perfect iv female and then to start breed like 500 eggs when all of a sudden the shiny rabbit came : ) I was kind of like happy and sad in one time because I thought it has bad ivs and considered to keep hunting for another one but then I took it to the judge and what do you know : 31/31/x/x/x/31 definitely workable.
So now I have 2 Diggersby one regular and another shiny
Im considering calling them mr white and mr brown

diggersby.gif

( looks like a fat bugs bunny doesn't it? )

Tried my hand again at Consecutive Fishing 2 days ago and it yielded me further good results. 2 more Shiny Corphish. my next targets are Clamperl on Route 12, Carvahna on Route 22, and Chinchou [at Shalour City]. I also might try for a Relicanth and see if I can also try getting a Huntail [I play X].

EDIT** Pics added Just caught a few more 9:00 AM CST 6/20/2014

[attachment=7410][attachment=7411]

Attachments

• SN850783.JPG
    SN850783.JPG
    411 KB · Views: 11
  • SN850808.JPG
    SN850808.JPG
    370 KB · Views: 11
After 52 RE's for a Shiny Scatterbug, I switched to chaining (which I suck at). I got to a Scatterbug Chain of 29 and started feeling pretty excited, as I've never gotten that high before. I went to a shaking patch and a Weedle appeared ;-;

Morale of the story: Don't chain.

Reggie McGigas said:
After 52 RE's for a Shiny Scatterbug, I switched to chaining (which I suck at). I got to a Scatterbug Chain of 29 and started feeling pretty excited, as I've never gotten that high before. I went to a shaking patch and a Weedle appeared ;-;

Morale of the story: Don't chain.

Know the feels. I tried to chain Torkoal the other day, and I got to a chain of like 15-16 (Which is rather high for me, as I have absolutely no patience at all), and went to a shaking patch and an effing Lairon appeared. I was pissed to say at least ._.

Currently, I am on a hunt for a shiny Espurr. Snagged a shiny Braxien, 3rd encounter after getting my shiny charm. Damn I felt like gold.

Just hit 4 boxes full of scatterbugs after 6 hours. My two breeding partners are a Japanese Female Scatterbug and a Male Scatterbug holding an everstone. Does Madusa Methoding work with this? I'm really starting to think it will take me 6 months to get a shiny scatterbug as none of the popular methods work.

Reggie McGigas said:
Just hit 4 boxes full of scatterbugs after 6 hours. My two breeding partners are a Japanese Female Scatterbug and a Male Scatterbug holding an everstone. Does Madusa Methoding work with this? I'm really starting to think it will take me 6 months to get a shiny scatterbug as none of the popular methods work.

As long as the male Scatterbug isn't Japanese it should work. Hopefully it doesn't take 6 months, you might need some patience as it does take a lot of time sometimes :)

I'm currently at just under 400 eggs for a shiny Starly, and I've been going on for about two days :)

steffenka said:
Reggie McGigas said:

As long as the male Scatterbug isn't Japanese it should work. Hopefully it doesn't take 6 months, you might need some patience as it does take a lot of time sometimes :)

I'm currently at just under 400 eggs for a shiny Starly, and I've been going on for about two days :)

I might be a little impatient and unexperienced because this is my 2nd ever serious MM hunt (first one was a failure- I quit after 5 boxes of eggs for a Mudkip), however I feel a little more prepared for this one and I'm determined to get it >:)

edit- hit box 5! I'm now going the farthest I have ever gone :p

Back