XY Your Shiny Hunts

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
As propably every one, at one point in time, has tried to hunt Shiny Pokemon, I thought it would be nice with a thread to see what shinies people have gotten, what they're hunting and what they've traded. You can also post the list of shinies you have in your games, and what shinies you've missed or explain why you are hunting what you're hunting :)

Since these are forums, let's please keep our posts in this thread revolved around semi-detailed explanations of how and where you caught or found a shiny Pokémon. 'Facebook' posts like, "200 eggs in, still no shiny" and "Just hatched this," should go a little more into detail since they don't influence discussion. ~ Dedenne :)

I'm currently fossil hunting for either Omanyte, Kabuto or Cranidos, where I'm on 1636 seen fossils, and I've recently gotten Trapinch in a trade, Seviper and Lileep :)
I've recently missed a shiny Luxio, due to it using Roar and running away :(

My shiny list: :)
Traded:
Poliwrath
Luvdisc
Dragalge
Lanturn
Clawitzer
Durant
Mr. Mime
Wobbuffet
Bronzong
Serperior
Swampert
Probopass
Diggersby
Gogoat
Masquerain
Lickilicky
Tangrowth
Stoutland
Flygon

Safari:
Charizard
Abomasnow
Tropius
Noivern
Magmortar
Delphox
Maractus
Seviper
Walrein
Goodra
Haxorus
Slurpuff

MM'ing, SR'ing and in the wild:
Heliolisk (MM'ing)
Cradily (SR'ing)
Beartic (Horde)
Golduck (Horde)
Nidoking (Horde)
Octillery (Chained)
Mantine

RE: Your Shiny Hunts?

I've only had 1 successful shiny hunt out of maybe 20-30 hunts .I got a shiny charmleon. Right now I'm hunting for a shiny golurk in the friend safari but no luck after 3 days. My longest hunt was like 9 days for a mudkip. After around 6 boxes I quit.

Reggie McGigas said:
I've only had 1 successful shiny hunt out of maybe 20-30 hunts .I got a shiny charmleon. Right now I'm hunting for a shiny golurk in the friend safari but no luck after 3 days. My longest hunt was like 9 days for a mudkip. After around 6 boxes I quit.

20-30 hunts in XY or in all games?

I recently Masuda bred for a shiny Swinub and got it on the twelfth egg! Terrible nature, though. I was in the process of getting the right nature and using that Pokemon w/ everstone with the Japanese Ditto, but the shiny appeared before I had that chance. Oh, well. Still pretty cool.

I wasn't shiny hunting but I came across an Emolga in my FS, and more recently, I was shiny hunting for a shiny Larvesta in the FS, and I found one! I don't even care about Bold nature, dat shininess<3

I've been shiny chaining for a Shiny Skiddo and Shiny Minun in XY, no luck so far! :(

I'm on 1501 seen fossils in my fossil hunt, looking at 27 a time
Congrats on Golurk, Swinub and Larvesta, and good luck chaining :)

currently in my possesion

competitive shiny box:
-Ampharos
-Luxray
-Gardevoir
-Gallade
-Scizor
-Heracross
-Salamence
-Kingdra
-Gengar
-Aegislash
-Mamoswine
-Milotic
-Braviary
-Gourgeist
-Haxorus
-Flygon
-Ferrothorn
most of these are bred with shiny charm and masuda method, some pokeradar-chained, some obtained through trading

basically, Im breeding competitive pokemon, but after I get the desired one (with 5 iv and correct ability, which takes 15-50 eggs), I keep going till about ~150 eggs before I move on to the next species. This way I eventually get one of them as shiny every now and then (since the chance is like 1 in ~600 eggs).

regular shiny box:
-Wingull (horde while EV-training)
-Wingull (horde, same)
-Qwilfish (chain fishing)
-Qwilfish (chain fishing)
-Cloyster (chain fishing, was aiming for Qwilfish..)
-Dragalge (same)
-Unfezant male (Flying safari, was looking for shiny Rufflet)
-Unfezant female (same)
-Doduo (same)
-Doduo (same)
-Fearow (same)
-Stunfisk (in my first visit to an Electric safari..)
-Teddiursa (safari)
-Seviper (ev training at wingulls)
-Electrode (electric safari)
-Metang (steel safari)
-Woobat (MM breeding, but Klutz -.-)

The only one I was deliberately looking for in a safari was Rufflet. In 2 days (altogether like 25 hours) I found a Spearow, 2 Doduos and 2 Tranquills before the Rufflet showed up (i was switching flying safaris so I wouldn't get 5 Doduos or something xDDD...)

Here's what I still have (not including any from trades):

Random Encounters/Hatching:
-Koffing > Weezing (C)
-Minun (E)
-Machoke > Machamp (D)
-Raticate (D)
-Machoke (Pt)
-Rattata (HG)
-Hoothoot (HG)
-Basculin (B)
-Litwick (B)
-Watchog (B2)
-Meowth > Persian (B2)
-Zangoose (X)
-Litwick (B2)

Masuda Method:
-Pidove > Tranquill > Unfezant (B2)
-Eevee > Glaceon (B2)
-Bergmite > Avalugg (X)
-Slowpoke (X)
-Vanillite (X)

Friend Safari:
-Spheal > Sealeo > Walrein (X)
-Audino (X)
-Sneasel (X)
-Nuzleaf (X)
-Nincada > Ninjask + Shedinja (X)
-Pancham (X)
-Chansey (X)
-Dedenne (X)
-Phanpy > Donphan (X)
-Espurr > Meowstic F (X)
-Growlithe > Arcanine (X)

Chain-Fishing:
-Qwilfish (X)
-Chinchou > Lanturn (X)
-Barboach > Whiscash (X)
-Gyarados (X)
-Basculin (X)
-Corsola (X)

Poké Radar:
-Dunsparce (P)
-Farfetch'd (Pt)

SR:
-Porygon > Porygon2 (Pt)

Currently hunting:
-Pachirisu (P)
-Tyrogue (X)
-Furret (X)

EDIT: Just found another Shiny Litwick.

Funnily enough, I tallied up all my shinies last night,

Legitimate shinies:
Bulbasaur
Arbok
Nidoking
Gyarados
Zigzagoon
Gardevior
Milotic

Event shinies:
Pikachu
Pichu
Legendary Dogs

I have a few others that I'm looking to trade/giveaway that I left out of the list... and like I said before I'm trying to get a Shiny Skiddo in XY right now.

Ok well no shiny hunts that were successful and then in the friends safari when I`m not hunting for shinny's I find this.
Shiny List In X and Y
Lampent

I`m currently looking for a successful chain on route 11 easily the hardest route to do a pokeradar search.

I chained in Platinum; got three Shiny Shinx. Tried to chain other things but never had the willpower to make it to 40 again.

Years later I would come back to attempt to chain again and see a Shiny patch on my first radar use. Out came a Shiny Starly.

Everything else I own has been traded for or found randomly. I don't have enough patience for Masuda Method or encounter searching.

Not counting Gyarados or event Pokemon, I caught a Shiny Zubat in Crystal, Pidgey and Larvitar in Soulsilver, and finally Ursaring and Durant in Y. So I never caught that many shinies. I think a total of 5 shinies is a respectable number.

A majority of my shinies this gen came from trades, but I have had some successful encounters this gen myself:
In Friend Safari: Lamoent, Drifblim, Venusaur, Tangrowth, Spritzee, Noivern, Gabite, Lucario, Medicham, Electrode
MM: My pride and joy Shiny Charizard
Overall my shiny encounters and hunts were much more successful compared to the two shinies I accidentally found in Platinum. Technically my only successful shiny hunt was really hunting for Shiny Noibat as the others I simply got lucky and encountered. I never did manage to chain fish anything though as I fail at simple tasks...

I have gotten 1 Shiny Pinsir, 1 Shiny Greninja, 1 Shiny Sawk and 1 Shiny Mew.

I was looking for Sawk, and after 170 tries in the Safari I got it, it took me 1 hour and 10 minutes.

I am looking for Shiny Ditto, because I want one.

3,748 soft resets on Latios in Black 2. It finally sparkled and like an idiot I didn't want to Master Ball it, and I didn't keep track of its PP so I didn't know when it would start Struggling. Long story short, it knocked itself out, and I cried. A lot. It's pathetic but true. Losing a shiny that I had been hunting for that long was just heartbreaking . However, I continued on, and this time, I used a Synchronize Munna with a Timid nature, and, after only 844 more soft resets, there it was. Timid shiny Latios. Caught it with a Quick Ball not on the first turn, so I basically had the same odds of catching it as if I had thrown a Poke Ball. He's named Celestial and he's amazing.

Also, I caught a shiny Golbat in Pearl after only 51 (I think) random encounters. Wasn't the shiny that I was looking for, but at the time I was involved in this community hunt on Serebii, and that was one of the Pokemon that was randomly chosen to count towards the competition of the month, so it won me the competition.

Oh, and shiny Cobalion in 129 soft resets in White. :p

For about 6 months I was really into shiny hunting and that was pretty much all I would do on Pokemon, since the time I woke up until the time I fell asleep. I'm a lover of the soft reset method myself, and since there aren't many Pokemon to soft reset for in X and Y, I've been doing a lot less shiny hunting. But that doesn't mean that there won't be more added, or that I won't get addicted to it again in X and Y! But right now I'm taking a break and giving my Pokemon lots of love. :3

I gave up on shiny hunting in Y for now. It was fun doing it pre-bank, but now that I have all my shinies I'm content for now. :p Still gonna try to (eventually) chain for Shiny Skiddo eventually, or trade for it. I have a few shinies I'm not really a fan of that'd I love to trade.

Yesterday I completed my hunt on shiny Swadloon, and the other day I got shiny Electrode :D
I've also recently gotten shiny Shaymin, shiny Flareon and shiny Rayquaza through trades :)

I've come across plenty in previous versions but didn't actually actively hunt any until X because I have become quite competitive with a friend, I came across a shiny Zoroark whilst looking for a shiny Ditto, and so far that's all I've got >.<

Back