XY Your Shiny Hunts

ShinyVincent said:
a Question: What is the change of finding a Shiny eggs with MM'ing and Shiny and Oval Charm?

More chances to get one.
With the Oval Charm you get eggs faster, with the Shiny Charm your odds to get a shiny Pokémon is 1 in 1024, 8 times more, that's for the MM.

Oh im quite a big shiny hunter, My successful hunts have been
Porygon: Masuda method in B2
Vullaby: Friend Safari
Paras: Safari
Pyroar: Safari
Dragalge: Fishing
Larvesta:safari
Gogoat: M method
Slowpoke: Chaining
Dedennee: Safari
Chandelure: Safari
Hariyama: 1st shiny on X and Y, Safari
Espurr: Safari
Ninjask: Safari
Octillery: Fishing
Charizard: Safari
Charizard X2: Masuda Method
Combee: Safari
Teddiurusa: Safari
Relicanth: Fishing
Gabite: Safari
Magmar: Safari
Dusknoir: M method
Fraxure and Noibat: I found noibat then straight after i found fraxure, quite lucky. Safari
Garchomp: Safari
Porygon-z: Trade
Scizor: M method
Gigalith: Random encounter
Victreebel: Random
Politoad: M method
and ferrothorn, Masuda

I chain fished up a shiny Skrelp, caught a shiny Gurdurr while training in Victory Road, got a Foonguss in a horde, and have captured 12 shinies in friend safari this past month. I was actually only hunting for 3.

Pancham-first encounter
Quilladin-encountered randomly while training
Growlithe, Pyroar, Charmeleon-encountered during my hunt for a shiny female Braixen
Braixen-caught 10 minutes after the Charmeleon.
Hawlucha-hunting for one
Gyarados, Octillery, 2X Floatzel-caught while hunting for shiny Frogadier
Frogadier-caught this morning!

My current hunt is for a female Pumpkaboo, and I mean to start hunting Noibat when I can collect a Noibat Safari.

I'm planing to do a shiny hunt on shiny Tepig! As shiny Emboar is absolutely captivating <3

Has anyone tried a Masuda method on Tepig?

Gouka-no-Goukazaru said:
I'm planing to do a shiny hunt on shiny Tepig! As shiny Emboar is absolutely captivating <3

My brother has masuda'd 2 shiny tepigs, one for himself and 1 on accident (getting rid of excess eggs) which he gave to me. I just asked him before I posted this and he said it took him near 1400 to get them.

I had hatched a Shiny Tepig on B2 after more than 1600 eggs, and I wonder Trade it for fun :p
I`m trying to get a Shiny Amaura..
I use 6IV Japanese Ditto
English Auroras
Still no luck after 6 boxes..:/

Spartan Sceptile said:
Gouka-no-Goukazaru said:

My brother has masuda'd 2 shiny tepigs, one for himself and 1 on accident (getting rid of excess eggs) which he gave to me. I just asked him before I posted this and he said it took him near 1400 to get them.

Oh God :/

Oh well I might do it... I've been lucky so far! 149 eggs for a shiny Honedge and 122 for a shiny Charmander. <3

I figured Id post this here, I have been helping another website with their MM SC rate research, and so far I have hatched 5 shinies in 1200 eggs. I collect 300 at a time and then mass hatch, which seems to be a fool proof method for me because even before SC was released, there was only 1 time I did that amount and came up empty handed(before SC). So far I have gotten Goomy, Noibat, 2 Skrelps, and a Kangaskhan, each species within the 300 batch I collected for them.

Lol, I have not even play`d this game 600 hour, but I already have 4 Radom Shiny Encouters..Yesterday it was a Doduo when I was hunting for Shiny Furfou..:/

1000+ Eggs still no shiny Frokie. I have a shiny Greninja but this one is for a friend :O I don't even have any boxs for my eggs anymore. All of them are full of actual pokemon and my bank trial has just about run out :O no more MM for me :(

ShinyVincent said:
What about releasing? :)

Oh God I hate it! I will start a hunt for a shiny Froakie today, as I want to have a competitive team of black shinies!

But just when I think of all the Froakies I willl be releasing... #godhelpme

I was training a shiny Dratini yesterday with hordes, and found a shiny Miltank. Although I really wanted Mareep, I'm happy with what I got and I'm gonna keep on training while huntin' :D

xDkoYx said:
1000+ Eggs still no shiny Frokie. I have a shiny Greninja but this one is for a friend :O I don't even have any boxs for my eggs anymore. All of them are full of actual pokemon and my bank trial has just about run out :O no more MM for me :(

Woah talk about bad luck man. So glad I have never had to hit 1k.

This might be just dumb but... for 3 MM shinies with no hold items, I managed to get shinies fairly quickly.

Flabebe Red Flower (just holding Everstone for modest nature): 37 eggs
Flabebe Blue Flower (with Destiny Knot, Everstone, multiple parents swapped): 693...
Honedge (same as above): 400-500 eggs...
Snivy: 10 eggs
Amaura: 54 eggs (had shiny charm at this point)

Just thought that was a curious experience.

Other hunts

Full 1/4096 odds
Weedle: Unexpected. Was chaining for Scatterbug and during a soft reset and on the 1st patch, it was a shiny Weedle that I encountered. No shiny patch.
Klefki: After 200 horde battles.

Pokeradar (did not have shiny charm for any of these)
Flabebe: Took about 4-6 hours, broke a lot of chains. Final chain was 23 before it sparkled.
Skiddo: Took 2-3 hours. 40 chain.
Phantump: Fastest and easiest chain. Took 1-2 hours. 40 chain.
Scatterbug: Took a very long time, many chains broken... 1-2 days, breaks and interruptions in between. 40 chain.
Drifloon: Fastest chain yet! 9 chain with lucky music!
Fufrou: Unexpected shiny patch appears at a chain of 15 with no lucky music!!

Fishing (again haven't tried with shiny charm yet)
Magikarp: 37. A really good start.
Clauncher: 15, holy cow is this real?
Skrelp: 68. Eh, not that bad.
Skrelp #2: 75.
Skrelp #3: 118... (I had three because 2 were for my friends)
Relicanth: 80-100 ish. I didn't count but it took a long time...
Remoraid: 20?
Remoraid #2: 30 after the last one. I wanted Chinchou, dammit.
Corphish: 25! Thanks for not giving Goldeen!

Shiny Charm (although you can see it in my sig it may not be there forever)
Piloswine: 20-30 encounters during training!
Quilladin and Maractus: (1st encounter and the second one appeared within an hour!)
Pumpkaboo: 300 ish encounters
Ledyba: 2,140 encounters... but! I haven't actually gotten it yet... =_=;;; luck's run out now even with the charm.

I plan to go no higher than 3k, after that I give up and move onto the next hunts.

Next:
Masuda Method
Chespin
Fennekin
Noibat
Female Amaura

In the Wild
Goomy
Bergmite

Soft Resets
Lileep

I just went to a party which was boring so i brought my 3ds and decided to shiny hunt. I found a shiny noibat after around 200-250 encounters and a shiny fraxure straight after that!

I have yesterday caught a Shiny Foongus in a Horde (With Sweet Cent Mawille)..I was looking for Shiny Murkrow, but a Shiny is a Shiny xD..I today encouterd a Shiny Spritomb in the Friend Safari, I don`t know at how many encouters, but I guess somewhere around 18 :)

Uggggghhhh... 2725 encounters... shiny MALE Combee with a lead Cute Charmer. RNG sure hated me in this hunt.

Back