XY Wonder Trade Stories

I've traded away a ton of Pumpkaboos of different sizes. I really like them and they evolve through trade so I think they are at least decent to send. Occasionally they have rare candy on them also. I've also traded a few Haunter, Phantumps, and a Quagsire I named Derpy.

In return I've gotten a ton of starters. Lots of Froakie and Charmanders which I tend to put back in Wonder Trade. I've received some nice things like a Gyrados, Charizard, and Delphox all above level 50. I also received a Froakie which I think has perfect stats (I'm not sure I'm still new to the whole IV/EV thing).

someone sent me a klefki today, which i love, however this ones name was "Vigina" (like really??? REALLY???)

traded the smuttery away immediately for a poliwhirl that evolved into a politoed :D

Victory!

If you guys recive a pokemon with a crappy name I'd advise you to release it so no one has to be handed a weedle named 'urmomisfat' in exchange for a 3 iv proatean froakie. Thankfully I've never had a horrible name from WT before/.

Reggie McGigas said:
If you guys recive a pokemon with a crappy name I'd advise you to release it so no one has to be handed a weedle named 'urmomisfat' in exchange for a 3 iv proatean froakie. Thankfully I've never had a horrible name from WT before/.

i know this is going to sound really ridiculous,

But i never have the heart to release anything, it makes me sad! :p

Although i do agree you have a good point.

I`m just like..Trow in something good like Shiny Entei, Shiny Abomsnow (5IV) and a Uxie..And I got in return a Japanese 5IV Honedge, Froaki, and..Trevenant 5IV :p Well..It was fun to do xD

I've been doing some mass breeding in X, just so see what I can get in return for transferring potentially awesome mons like Clauncher, Litwick and Rhyhorn.

I've been getting a handful of Caterpies, Charmanders, Goomy, Froakies, and even Bunnelbys. The best I can do at least is to keep Wonder Trading them until I get something very useful, like a Gible with Outrage and Iron Head, Gale Wings Fletchling, and even a PokeRus infected Tauros.

See that's why I don't Wonder Trade anymore! I've gotten a few cool things here and there but I'm sick of immature or new players sending stuff like that. I just release my duds. It's a game and I really dont have space to WT and get more junk to feel bad about releasing Pokemon. (Although everytime I play Red Dead Redemption I always try to avoid hitting the animals like horses). Anyway I release crap from WT like those monkeys or smut nicknames that way the next person won't suffer the same fate. Best thing I got before I stopped was a 5IV Venipede with its hidden ability and it was female!

One day, I was feeling very generous and decided to Wonder Trade away a shiny Spiritomb. What I received in return was a Lv.12 Burmy... But I accept any Pokemon and like some other people, I have no heart to release a Pokemon! I feel terrible if I do because it would have been terrible for the Pokemon...

I might be the only one who actually thinks the Pokemon in the game have feelings...

As for the most common Pokemon I receive in Wonder Trades?
It's usually Pansear, Bunnelby, Fletchling and Burmy. I'm not really happy at the way some people name their Pokemon, I usually receive Pokemon with names no one should ever see.
I try my best to wonder trade rare Pokemon, yet I haven't received any rare or shiny Pokemon at the moment.

Me and my friend were wondertrading at the same time for wonder trade battles

As for wondertrade battles? That sounds like a really great idea. Maybe my twin sister and I may try it.

I know this is off topic but, what is an IV? Sorry, I don't really understand abbreviations unless I hear the full word.

To the two/three people (Hooh and the other people I forget who aren't on this page) who don't like releasing Pokemon: I feel the same way! I prefer trading them on GTS for a Scatterbug or something, that way I know the Pokemon has some kind of use somewhere. I'm considering stockpiling Scatterbugs, then trading them all away on the Vivillon trade thread.

Anyway, the most notable Wonder Trade I had recently was a Wooper I got - it was named BigWoop =P

AlexanderTheAwesome said:
IV - Individual Value

Oh, thank you:)! I knew I heard that somewhere but couldn't identify the abbreviation!

So I just wondertraded of a box full of Cherubi, and got a lot of different stuff, including a kazillion Honedge and Froakie, a Garchomp, a Liepard, 2 Scatterbugs, a Buneary, a Rotom, an Aerodactyl and a Houndour named Dat azz.
I feel like I'm wondertrading on the wrong time since I keep getting nothing, while everybody seems to get shinies, legendaries, etc., but I guess it has something to do with the time differences -_-

Yesterday, I Wonder Traded a Shelmet and got a Karrablast in return. What were the chances!?

steffenka said:
So I just wondertraded of a box full of Cherubi, and got a lot of different stuff, including a kazillion Honedge and Froakie, a Garchomp, a Liepard, 2 Scatterbugs, a Buneary, a Rotom, an Aerodactyl and a Houndour named Dat azz.
I feel like I'm wondertrading on the wrong time since I keep getting nothing, while everybody seems to get shinies, legendaries, etc., but I guess it has something to do with the time differences -_-

Same here. I never get any special Pokemon except for IV bred Pokemon. I've started to dread Wonder Trading because all the Japanese give me Bunnelby (all the notable Pokemon I get are from America and Europe) and it takes a minute and a half just to do one trade. I wish you could mass wondertrade multiple Pokemon and then just wait for the results.

MrSquarepants said:
Lots of legendary dragons are flying around wonder trade. They're either clones or from that event which people can download multiples apparently... my used white copy had 8 Meloettas all with different stats and nature's so they were not clones. I wonder traded one but got a stupid Pansear in return soooo eff you Michael from United Kingdom with OT 09834... one Pansear just ruined it for 6 other potential lucky people.

But you can't WT secret legendaries...dun dun dun

Reggie McGigas said:
MrSquarepants said:
Lots of legendary dragons are flying around wonder trade. They're either clones or from that event which people can download multiples apparently... my used white copy had 8 Meloettas all with different stats and nature's so they were not clones. I wonder traded one but got a stupid Pansear in return soooo eff you Michael from United Kingdom with OT 09834... one Pansear just ruined it for 6 other potential lucky people.

But you can't WT secret legendaries...dun dun dun

There aren't any Dragon type secret legendary Pokémon. :p
Unless you count Arceus. (holding a Draco Plate)
Secret Legendaries are:
Mew
Celebi
Jirachi - Deoxys
Phione - Manaphy - Darkrai - Shaymin - Arceus
Victini - Keldeo - Meloetta - Genesect
Diancie? - Hoopa? - Volcanion?

I think he was referring to the fact that he claimed to have WTed a Meloetta.

Athena said:
I think he was referring to the fact that he claimed to have WTed a Meloetta.

Ahhhh, I overlooked that. :p
So does that mean that secret legendaries can be wonder traded?
I'm not going to try for myself as I don't want to risk loosing them. :p

Back