XY Wonder Trade Stories

MrSquarepants said:
Zapydos2 said:
I sent some common Pokemon out and got a Zygarde in return a few months ago. Yesterday I got a shiny Kecleon from Germany. Most traded Pokemon are commonly found, IV bred or just bred for wonder trade fodder.

How the heck did you get a Keldeo? Isn't Pokemon like that considered "special" can't be traded through GTS or Wonder Trade?

I believe you misread Kecleon as Keldeo. :p

Well after a lifetime's bad luck on WT, tonight I managed to get the following:
-a Shiny Vivillon
-a Bold natured Shiny Suicune that had proper EV's and moveset
-a Giratina
-a Shiny Nincada

MrSquarepants said:
Zapydos2 said:
I sent some common Pokemon out and got a Zygarde in return a few months ago. Yesterday I got a shiny Kecleon from Germany. Most traded Pokemon are commonly found, IV bred or just bred for wonder trade fodder.

How the heck did you get a Keldeo? Isn't Pokemon like that considered "special" can't be traded through GTS or Wonder Trade?

Edit: D'oh! Nevermind. Can't read.

Homer :p (Get it? "D'oh" Homer`s sentence xD)

On-Topic:
I got several stupid pokemons :(
But, right after about 20 of them, I got a Shiny Basculin (Blue) and a Shiny Ralts (Not born in Kallos, sadly..)
This was mine WT for today xD

This week, during a shiny Quilfish/Starmie hunt, I caught another shiny Clawitzer. So I decided to Wonder Trade it and received a 5IV, Jolly, Thick Fat, Male Swinub with Icicle Crash! This has probably been the best thing that I have ever received in a Wonder Trade! (But this doesn't mean that I'll ever Wonder Trade away another shiny Pokémon again.) :p

On my first day with Y I did the very cheap and foolhardy thing and WT'd all the bunnelby and weedle I caught. One of my returns was my precious eevee from Korea. As I love eevee I kept him and later evolved him to Espeon who I am proud to say is my first pokemon I leveled to 100.

Now last year on Christmas Eve I did a wonder trade event where I set my message as Merry Christmas and traded away starters and 5iv good nature Honedge; I figured there would be some kids getting the games for Christmas and these would be good gifts.

The biggest surprise I received through WT was a Moltres. Most of the Pokemon I got originally were well received because I didn't have them, but this was truly special :)

I also got a graveler as well, which promptly evolved into a Golem, which was enjoyable!

I once WTed and got a Froakie. Disgusted, I sent it back... only to recieve another Froakie. I sent that one back too... and got another Froakie.

The other day, someone told me she get a Zapdos through WT. So I wanted to try it too. After 10-15 bad pokemons, I received an Yveltal o_O. It was the first legend I get with WT.

I received a non-competitive shiny modest Sceptile from WT a while back.
It apparently was used as a false swipe mule because only had three moves, False Swipe, Leaf Storm, Leaf Blade.

I would imagine he was used to catch Ditto in the Friend Safari.

I got an Adamant Scyther with perfect IVs in everything but Sp. Attack. It does have Swarm, unfortunately, but I can use it to breed others or use the Ability Capsule to give it Technician if I'm not mistaken.

I've gotten some 4-5IV Pokemon from WT which is awesome, but the best is a (probably hacked) Shiny Heatran I got last week. I also accidentally traded off a Shiny Swinub through WT which sucked. I got it through WT and wasn't paying attention when I got it/traded it off, the person that traded it to me had their shoutout set as "And you get a Shiny, and you get a Shiny!" I really regret that. :|

Hey, I'm reigniting this discussion!

So just last night, I was Wonder Trading and decided to trade a Durant I named Kevin (get it?) and it was traded to a guy named Kevin! I didn't even notice his name until it said "Sending Kevin to Kevin" and I completely lost it!

so let's see... wonder trade stories....
Well, I've been doing it a LOT. I've played/kept at least 7 games, and maybe an additional 10-15, and I've managed to get quite a collection. I've managed to get at least 20-30 shines, several level 100's, all the starters, and a bunch of pokemon with dumb names (like other pokemon) My personal best was getting two shiny generation 6 pokemon in the space of an hour. I tend to keep Pokemon with interesting names, and i've had a lot with interesting egg moves which leave me wondering how do the other players manage to get those moves on their pokemon. I'll be wonder trading up until the new games come out.

I mostly like to use wonder trade to get more points so I buy items from the guy in the southern Lumoise city pokemon center the other reason I use it is to receive pokemon to finish the pokedex but the thing is I keep receiving pplemon loke Fletching or Honedge then ill keep sending the pokemon i received from the last person to the nect till I get a pokemon thats not added to the poke dex.
So far im doing ok since the last trade I received a Baltoy and loads others to.

I have a box solely for putting Pokemon I've bred who didn't get the IVs/Ability/whatever I wanted. I'd then go to WT and trade them all, one after another, until I had 30 traded Pokemon, then I'd shuffle the whole box to Pokebank for Battle Points later.

Wonder Trading kick-started my breeding nicely. I was getting 'mon with Hidden Abilities, as well as ones who were already at least partially IV-bred. I have a full Pokedex, so that's not a part of it for me.

I have, also, somehow gotten two Shiny Poliwrath via WT. I'm ... really not sure how, or who would even give up a shiny.

My guess is the Poliwraths might be hacked, but you never know. I'd just enjoy them, personally.

I haven't had much WT luck lately, although I haven't been using it for much beyond WT battles lately. I just have to say: a lot of people trade starter Pokemon with only tackle!

To add a story, I remember almost trading away a shiny. I think I didn't because it had gained a level or something like that. I was lucky to realize later it was! I didn't notice it was shiny back then, shiny Squirtle looks pretty close to the regular one, in my opinion.

I got a 3ds and Y last Wendsday. My first day I got a shiny Noivern, my first ever. (Have never caught one.)

Unfortunately I'm getting an error when trying to update
My game, just started today and now i cannot connect to the internet ingame or the eshop. No more WT's for me:/

After my Pangoro got an untimely KO on my WonderLocke (thanks Shauna and your stupid Delcatty), the Pokemon I caught on the route gave me a level 48 Noivern.
With Boomburst, Flamethrower, Dark Pulse and Dragon Pulse.

I know I must have respect for my fallen Pangoro... but seriously, this is an awesome thing to get.

(although like all but one Pokemon on my team are weak to Ice and its the Ice gym next so whoop de doo)

King Xerneas said:
It was the day after thanksgiving like at around 2am and I was wonder trading while half asleep and when I opened my eyes to see what I got, someone had traded me a Mewtwo. I was kinda surprised :p

Sadly I do not have your luck except getting a Shiny Rayquaza for my Moltres over GTS but that is a different story. I did however get most of the previous gen starters (Charmander not included) due to wonder trade.

To this day I still only get element monkeys 95% of the time, 0 shinies, 0 5IV, I think I did once however get a Yvetal, but besides that I have zero luck in this area of the game... -___-

Back