Which Characters Would You Like to See Return to the Anime?

This may seem like a bandwagon, or a cliche, but I just want Misty back. I mean, she practically made the show. Unfortunately, they're probably going to just keep bringing in new heroines due to new character hype.

*shrugs*

Truth is, Misty leaving is one of the things that really got me away from the show.

We all adore Misty and would love to see her again, but now in hindsight I'm almost glad that she left because I would have hated to see her persona completely ruined during the 4Kids-TAJ Productions transition. (RIP May.) The integrity of Misty's character would have been shattered in the minds of many fans and so it's probably better that we were able to leave her on the better side of our memories.

SuperHyperKirliafan89 said:
I would love to see Max come back along with that adorable lil Ralts he so tearfully left behind in Hoenn.

What would be really interesting with that is if the Ralts had evolved into a Kirlia, and then in that episode it evolved into Gardevoir, showcasing the Fairy type in the anime for the first time.

P.DelSlayer said:
I would love to see Max come back along with that adorable lil Ralts he so tearfully left behind in Hoenn.

What would be really interesting with that is if the Ralts had evolved into a Kirlia, and then in that episode it evolved into Gardevoir, showcasing the Fairy type in the anime for the first time.

That's a perfect idea (sadly they prolly won't even bother going that route at all.)

P.DelSlayer said:

I doubt Max will return any time soon, as Ash has not yet been seen aging. If he won't age in the new anime, it will be weird to see Max older (he was not allowed to start his journey until he was older). Also I would prefer if the new in-game characters were given more air time.

I was also never a big fan of Max, and I would have preferred Brendan to be in the anime.

P.DelSlayer said:
I'd actually like to see Max return. It would be interesting to see how he's matured as a trainer, and there is potential for some really good character development.

I was thinking the same, but then I remembered, if Ash doesn't grow up, Max can never grow up too and become a Pokémon trainer. :( I would really like to see Max reunited with Ralts, Shroomish and Shuppet and leaving on an adventure.
(edit: sorry didn't read the post before!)

I'd like to see Bianca, the REAL Bianca(from the movie), appear again. She would probably just show up with the lati twins, or triplets now I guess and travel with Ash for a while. It would be cool to see Ash's reaction and to see if he brought up that smooch that Bianca gave him. (it is confirmed that it was Bianca.) Other than her I'd like to see Misty and May return and get to know each other more. It would be cool if someone came back and actually didn't like Ash's current companions, it'd certainly be interesting to see some rivalry among the group.

Elite Stride said:
We all adore Misty and would love to see her again, but now in hindsight I'm almost glad that she left because I would have hated to see her persona completely ruined during the 4Kids-TAJ Productions transition. (RIP May.) The integrity of Misty's character would have been shattered in the minds of many fans and so it's probably better that we were able to leave her on the better side of our memories.

Uh, what? You do realize there's a large chunk of the fandom who didn't like Misty's character at all, even when the show first started, right? There's also another side of the fandom who used to like Misty, but then either got bored or lost interest in her as the anime progressed.

Anyway, Johto was the right time to drop Misty from the series. Unlike Brock, there really was nothing Misty did in the show in terms of plot relevance or in terms of exposition. She really only had her water-pokemon gimmick going for her, and even then it was barely featured.

I do wish all of Ash's older companions could get a few appearances from time to time, but considering Misty did not appear in either DP or BW in a real appearance, I think the writers have long since moved on.

I want to see this man return:

Gun.png

He has to finish what he started.
The man understands.

The episode would be completely silent.
They show a shadowed man in a poncho, in the safari zone, walking to the horizon
They show the man in johto, sleeping in a field with mareeps happily playing around
Passing on front of the tin tower
Leaving roxanne's trainers school
On the boat to slateport
On a tree in fallarbor town
In front of the eterna museum
Crossing the great marsh
Sitting in a field of gracideas
In a boat, looking at mount coronet in the distance
Walking in the skyarrow bridge
Passing through chargestone cave
looking at white treehollow
fades to black
A normal morining with ash and the gang
The shadowy figure appears in the horizon, walking in their direction
He approches, talks to ash and removes his hat and poncho, showing him
Walks five steps past ash, turns and shoots
time slows
ash falls to the ground, inert (you can breathe now, guys. You thought he was going to make it this time, didn't you?)
Cilan asks the man, "why did you do it?"
And he responds "He had it coming. And a funny couple with a talking meowth paid me to. Fools... I would've done it for free."
And he walks to the sunset,with his poncho and hat on.

THE END

Next episode: A better trainer starts a journey! or one of the old characters! anything is better than this...

Last edited:
@professorlight
Lol...

precita said:
Uh, what? You do realize there's a large chunk of the fandom who didn't like Misty's character at all, even when the show first started, right? There's also another side of the fandom who used to like Misty, but then either got bored or lost interest in her as the anime progressed.

I do wish all of Ash's older companions could get a few appearances from time to time, but considering Misty did not appear in either DP or BW in a real appearance, I think the writers have long since moved on.

Yes, there is not a single soul on Earth who dislikes Misty, that's exactly what I was saying.

You should also probably know that long before DP/BW, Misty was already never returning to the anime.

Brock and Tracey. Those two were some of the best characters in the anime. I also want to see an older Max return and fight Ash like what was mentioned at the end of the Battle Frontier series.

May and Max, I hope this happens because Max can show off the fairy type pokemon with the ralts that he said that he will come back to. May will come to do contests in the Kalos and come with only with her Blaziken (to show off the megastone). They could appear in several episode after the first episode, like brock did in 3rd generation.....Ash will here their voices and go "no way it cant be" and there they are. The first gym leader in the Kalos region will travel with them or her sister.

I'd like to see Kurt again because of the GS Ball. xD

I also want to see the Sinnoh Battle Frontier people make a first-time appearance, but I highly doubt it'll happen at this point. 3:

i would like to see dawn return because dawn and ash had the best friendly relationship. the acted like each other and done what best friends do (play pranks on each other) i think she will make her appearance because there will be a contest on and ash wants to watch it because he bumped into may and found out she will be in it then dawn makes her appearance on the stage!!!! ash will be so shocked and really happy. then dawn will have no were to go so ash asks her to join the team again

professorlight said:
I want to see this guy return:

Gun.png

Do you feel lucky, punk?

He has to finish what he started.
The man understands.

The episode would be completely silent.
They show a shadowed man in a poncho, in the safari zone, walking to the horizon
They show the man in johto, sleeping in a field with mareeps happily playing around
Passing on front of the tin tower
Leaving roxanne's trainers school
On the boat to slateport
On a tree in fallarbor town
In front of the eterna museum
Crossing the great marsh
Sitting in a field of gracideas
In a boat, looking at mount coronet in the distance
Walking in the skyarrow bridge
Passing through chargestone cave
looking at white treehollow
fades to black
A normal morining with ash and the gang
The shadowy figure appears in the horizon, walking in their direction
He approches, talks to ash and removes his hat and poncho, showing that BAMF from up there
Walks five steps past ash, turns and shoots
time slows
ash falls to the ground, inert (you can breathe now, guys. You thought he was going to make it this time, didn't you?)
Cilan asks the man, "why did you do it?"
And he responds "He had it coming. And a funny couple with a talking meowth paid me to. Fools... I would've done it for free."
And he walks to the sunset,with his poncho and hat on.

THE END

Next episode: A better trainer starts a journey! or one of the old characters! anything is better than this...

THAT is funny!
I think it wourld be nice to add Drayden somewhere in there...perhaps as a sheriff hunting that guy...or instead showing up silently after Ash's death and snaping Iris' neck with one hand and Axew's with the other. :p

I agree, that was funny.

In terms of characters returning, I think it'd be nice (although it'll never happen) to have some kind of big Pokemon battle tournament that features trainers (anime only and ones also from the games) from all of the seasons fighting for first place. And when that ends, they start a new Pokemon show without Ash. Pikachu, Jesse, James, and whoever else they have now. Except for one or two of the new X/Y episodes, I actually haven't really watched the show since the Hoenn episodes (and even then I only watched a few episodes or so), so I'm probably not the target audience here though.

If not this, then maybe some kind of Ash vs. Gary fight, preferably when Ash has a team of powerful Pokemon to use.

I very much doubt we'll see any of the older females bar Iris again. The writers tend to have this rule that the older female companion only comes back once for the following generation, and then never again.

Misty only re-appeared in Hoenn but in none of the following sagas. May only re-appeared in Sinnoh but never again. And Dawn probably won't return after BW either.

Also I don't think we'll see Brock anymore either as he didn't appear in BW but in specials.

So I imagine only Iris or Cilan have a chance of a cameo.

I want to see N in the Pokemon X and Y series. Who wouldn't?

Also, to add to that, I know this character has never been in the anime (I think), I would like Ash and Silver meet up in the final movie and help stop Team Rocket for good. I had a dream about it.

Bring back all the previous companions of Ash. All of them. Right now. Misty, Brock, May, Max, Dawn, and maybe even the original Bianca from the Latios and Latias movie... since they, you know, KISSED.

Morrison would be a cool character to bring back, because let's be honest, out of all of the old characters he would be one of the easiest to bring back for the new fans, I mean heck, they only needed, what, 5 episodes or so for us to totally learn his character in the first place? Out of nowhere we see Morrison chasing his runaway sandwich lol, old and new fans alike would have similar reactions to this just because it's THAT absurd. Plus, It'd be cool to see how Morrison has matured since we last saw him.

Believe it or not I actually kind of like the fact that Ash and Misty are not ever going to be boyfriend/girlfriend. Your first crush will not always your true love y'know. There are a few things that they can do with this even if they don't ever get together, Ash probably still has feelings for Misty, but it's clear he either doesn't realize/understand it or he thinks it's best if Misty and him go their separate ways. After all, the last few times they've seen each other Ash seemed to make it a point to say stuff about her being a Gym leader. For some reason Ash kind of strikes me as the kind of person who would pretend to not get romance just to avoid the drama. Dunno why, but he just does xD. I mean, c'mon, he won't even settle down to be a frontier brain, he's not going to be interested in settling down to raise a family for a LONG time, if at all. Ash's dad may also play a role in all of this. I think that Misty will settle down with somebody else other than Ash, but it'd be nice to see Ash and Misty's fiance interact at some point.

What would really be awesome if we see a bunch of old characters return at once at some point. Like, for example; Ash and Morrison are charging down the hallway, and crash into Paul, Tyson (that guy with the Meowth), and some new character we haven't met yet(to make it feel more like "it's a small world" and less like just fan-service). If written well that would be pretty damn hilarious. And if they go really over the top and have Barry charge in too, they could have some random guy sitting on the bench nearby and when the group moves on the random guy on the bench can say something to his Pokemon sitting next to him like "we picked a pretty lively spot to hang out at didn't we?".

I'd like to see Paul return if only because they left a lot of questions unanswered, they could really do some interesting things with that character. I mean, it can't be easy to go from a Pokemon abuser to someone who's not if you get what I mean. And the only reason why Paul's attempt at not being a jerk for once was not taken as an act by Barry is because Barry respected him by default, just everything about Paul's voice acting screams "I'll try but I suck at this", if you get what I mean. Also Mega Evolution is a thing now, need I say more? It requires a strong bond to be able to use Mega Evolution. I really like the fact that they made it obvious that Paul was changing but that he was not changing in a cheesy cartonish who-are-you-and-what-did-you-do-with-Paul kind of way. But it'd be nice to see more of his new character.

Finally, I think Tobias would make an awesome long term rival for Ash. Even if he only appears once in every 2 or 3 regions it would work, because he is just that heavy of a presence. I mean, come on, you can't have a dude with multiple legendaries that nearly swept the entire Sinnoh League with one Pokemon, and expect your main character that wants to be a Pokemon Master to not run into him again. Ash is going to have to beat Tobias at some point, that will be one hell of a finale for some season. Plus, we still don't know hardly anything about him. Da heck writers? Is this going to be one of those things where we won't learn anything more about him until Ash defeats him? Even if it would come off as an improvised fix of a writing mistake I would prefer to learn a bit more about him when he appears again.

As much as I hate Harly, he would be pretty easy to bring back for the new fans too, for similar reasons why Morrison would work. Ash don't trust him and he's a weirdo, bam, that sums him up pretty well for the new fans in less than one episode. xD

Back