Which Characters Would You Like to See Return to the Anime?

Elite Stride

♫ I'm on the road to Viridian City ♫
We've seen a fair amount of character departures over the years and some have even made return appearances once in a while. Ash is constantly telling/hoping that he will see everyone he meets again. What characters would you like to see return permanently, or make a temporary appearance? This can be any character that has appeared since EP 001, and they can be major or minor, human or Pokémon; just be creative!

Now take this character and explain your reasoning behind choosing him/her/it. Then, develop a storyline for that episode or succession of episodes that includes this character. How did they make their appearance, was it flashy? What kinds of elements did they add to the anime that would be nice to see again? How could the long-term storyline be affected by their presence? What do they do? Etc...

inb4 bring back Misty

But seriously, I wish they would bring back Misty (I know it's confirmed she will never return, no need to point it out).

Brock. Cilan is an awful replacement for Brock :c.. We need that funny "lady killer" back!

^ lulz Brocks romantic struggles : P.
I would want to see Brock come back to help Ash once again, but I would also really like to see old Pokémon come back. The ones at Oaks lab, and make multiple cameo appearances in the XY saga, specifically the ones that Ash might evolve (but probably won’t) like Totodile, Buizel and Gible.

@PMJ and others

Why do you want Misty/Brock to come back? Remember we're supposed to get creative here and make a story line/action for these returning characters!

Misty should come back and just completely wipe the floor with Iris or whoever the girl sidekick will be going forward in X/Y. Kind of like "hahaha, Ash you will never have a girl better than me on your side!" Then Ash is all like "omg so true". There was never so much tension between two characters to be girlfriend and boyfriend, haha. Well, maybe except Brock chasing girls around but that never lasted long. I remember in Movie 2, Misty pretty much admitted to being Ash's girlfriend and then they played it off like "la la la, nothing happened". They should just bring her back so they can get married and all the kids would be like "Who's this girl stealing Ash from whatsherface?" Either that or "Ewww, Ash doing grownup stuff!" :p

This guy. We haven't seen him in forever.

Ritchie.png

I would love to see Brock come back for several reasons, the main one being that his dream was to become a Pokémon breeder.

This seems perfect for the upcoming X/Y series, especially with the speculation of whether or not this generation is based on DNA. Think about it.

Elite Stride said:
@PMJ and others

Why do you want Misty/Brock to come back? Remember we're supposed to get creative here and make a story line/action for these returning characters!

Brock was a good advice giver. I also want to see how far he has gotten as a Pokemon Breeder.

_typhlosion_ said:
Elite Stride said:
@PMJ and others

Brock was a good advice giver. I also want to see how far he has gotten as a Pokemon Breeder.

You mean a Pokémon doctor.

I'd actually like to see Max return. It would be interesting to see how he's matured as a trainer, and there is potential for some really good character development.

I'd like to see Brock return. I say this because every past female companion has had a guest appearance at least once in the main series after, so why shouldn't the male companion do the same? I'm hoping Brock will appear at some point during the Decalora Adventure or maybe even when Ash arrives back in Kanto after the Decalora. If by chance, they might have Brock retuen as a main character instead of a brand-new male companion. And if the same holds for Cilan, Cilan might have a guest appearance in the X and Y anime (currently rumored to be Pocket Monsters XtraordinarY ). Iris will probably do the same.

And besides, I loved Brock! He was like an older brother to Ash. He was funny, kind and caring, gave out words of wisdom, and etc.. He also knew how to take care of Pokémon, ranging from feeding them to nursing them to good health. No wonder he was a great canditate for a Pokémon Doctor!

I know Butterfree is supposedly returning, so I'd really be glad to see him return. Also, Pidgeot would be nice too!

I really do miss Misty, I miss the little rants she and Ash used to have !
and I do miss Brock too, it's kind of a cliché.. but oh well..

And I really would like to see Gary again !

I'd like an episode where there is a big convention of some sort and the characters from previous seasons (Dawn, Misty, May, Brock and Gary etc.) are all seen again. It would be cool to see how they've improved and progressed. Also the new Pokemon they've befriended.

I hope to see more of the video game playable characters in the anime. So far they have only appeared in specials, had small anime roles, or made it in the movie with short cameos. I really liked the legend of thunder, because we got to see more of the playable character. So far we just got to see Ash's journeys, but I would really like to see more of the rest as well.

As for the current series, I would like to see Misty return; I have liked her since the original series. She has really matured since then, especially after being a responsible gym leader. I think it would be great if she could travel again with Ash.

I would like to see Gary and Tracey. I mean yeah, Gary's one hell of an arrogant kid, but I'd really wanna see his team and how it's developed after all the years. Also Gary's personality mighta changed in a cool way, like Blue's in the games.

Tracey is just a simple badass in my opinion. A pro artist and a character in one of the coolest seasons of Pokemon. :D

Back