What's this Mario Deck?

vanderbilt_grad said:
I never said that *you* hate it Airman.

Rampardos is cool. I like Meganium d too, but not with Lucario.

Machamp isn't just about the 70, though that's a major play offensively. His durability, evolutions, and different stage 2 variants are also factors.

Fair enough
I was mostly speaking for the people whom i know dislike this deck

Machamp does do durability, but at quite a cost
High retreat, low damage output attacks, and bieng pretty energy intensive to not really deal that much damage isnt really that good to be honest.

His second form isnt good anymore
Seriously, you almost never see ex pokemon, and a 40 damage swift isnt really worth it

The thing is that 40 for 2 energy Swift also cuts through Holon FF energy. So you are doing 70 for 2 to Blissey decks even if they play FF.

I have no doubt that we will find some fun partners for Lucario after DP3 & 4 are out. In the long run I don't expect Mario to really be a force. Right now though, with our current card pool, it's capable of working.

vanderbilt_grad said:
The thing is that 40 for 2 energy Swift also cuts through Holon FF energy. So you are doing 70 for 2 to Blissey decks even if they play FF.

I have no doubt that we will find some fun partners for Lucario after DP3 & 4 are out. In the long run I don't expect Mario to really be a force. Right now though, with our current card pool, it's capable of working.

70 on a Blissey
...Yay?
I would rather use Lucario to hit them with Aura Sphere twice, then pick up a revenge ko after they knock me out, if i were to use it.

Mario will undouptably fade into obscurity once DP3 is released, but for now, i am going to tell people why i and many others do not feel it is a playable deck.

Back