XY What new Types would you like to see in X and Y?

Take out the legendary Pokemon from this list (and any of their respective signature moves), and it might give a good indication of any retyping from past gens.

edit: scratch those examples, Mitja's (post below mine) are much more realistic

@picture ^ :
Altaria losing its Flying type?
not to mention no pokemon ever has one of its types switch place... which also happens with Togepi here. Luvdisc seems random, and lots of those I don't see a reason to keep Normal

Here's my version lol
fairytypeeeee.png

AtmosphericThunder said:
If the Fairy-type rumor or something similar happens to be true, I wonder how many Pokemon will have their types changed/added to beside the Obvious Cleffa/Clefairy/Clefable line typing change that would likely occur.

I think they would keep it to a minimum, sticking with the obvious currently Normal ones.

...But on the other hand, with 649 pokes, it just wouldn't make sense to merely change 2 lines or so... I mean, even the most rare types have at least a dozen lines atm.

Matty said:
Daenordus said:
I tihnk taht theere wull be som reglar flyin tipes in X and Y.
Sorry, but... Grammar check, please.
Look who's talking.

Anyway, speculation is still speculation. (Although, I'm curious why do you think they will make one?) 5 generations came and you still have hope?

It's simply called "mocking".

P.DelSlayer said:
Take out the legendary Pokemon from this list (and any of their respective signature moves), and it might give a good indication of any retyping from past gens.
lGhSWAK.png

No! Don't change my Altaria! I prefer dragon/flying type. (I don't have any issue with fairy type since there's a fairy egg group.) Flying-type is my favorite unless of course, they introduce Wind-types. :p

Edit; Proof please? (On the fairy type comment)

Matty said:
P.DelSlayer said:
lGhSWAK.png

No! Don't change my Altaria! I prefer dragon/flying type. (I don't have any issue with fairy type since there's a fairy egg group.) Flying-type is my favorite unless of course, they introduce Wind-types. :p

Edit; Proof please? (On the fairy type comment)
I'm assuming this proof is about the person who sparked this rumour

http://www.gamnesia.com/news/rumor-pokemon-x-and-y-versions-to-introduce-fairy-type

Sound, light/dark, mud, and wind types: are cool types that I'd like to see.

-for sound type, the Pokemon can learn moves like: Screech, Roar, Sing, Supersonic, Hyper Voice, and Perish Song

-the light/dark types would just be different versions of Pokémon as in the TCG cards

-for mud type, the Pokémon can learn moves like: Dig, Mud-Slap, Mud Shot, Mud Sport, Mud Bomb, and Rock Slide

-for wind type, the Pokémon can be dual Wind/Flying types and learn moves like: Whirlwind, Tailwind, Hurricane, Ominous Wind, Razor Wind, Leaf Storm, and Blizzard

Seismitoad537 said:
Sound, light/dark, mud, and wind types: are cool types that I'd like to see.

-for sound type, the Pokemon can learn moves like: Screech, Roar, Sing, Supersonic, Hyper Voice, and Perish Song

-the light/dark types would just be different versions of Pokémon as in the TCG cards

-for mud type, the Pokémon can learn moves like: Dig, Mud-Slap, Mud Shot, Mud Sport, Mud Bomb, and Rock Slide

-for wind type, the Pokémon can be dual Wind/Flying types and learn moves like: Whirlwind, Tailwind, Hurricane, Ominous Wind, Razor Wind, Leaf Storm, and Blizzard

Mud type? Really, of everything that exists in this world, you think the most qualified to be a Pokemon is mud?

Sound isn't really anything that can cover a lot of different ideas, the only thing I can think of are Pokemon that are loud, and I don't think that a lot of loud Pokemon would do a lot of things, they'd just get really old, really fast.

The re-typings in that link are ridiculous. The Clefairy line, possibly the Togepi line... they're the only real candidates for a retype.

Air/Wind/Sky type sounds great, but how would it work in practice?

Weak to: Fire (fanning flames), Ground, Rock and Steel (all three are immovable by wind).

Strong against: Fighting (can't punch air), Grass (cold wind burns vegetation), Flying (disrupts flight).

Not sure how Fairy-type would work in terms of strengths and weaknesses.

oakbark said:
The re-typings in that link are ridiculous. The Clefairy line, possibly the Togepi line... they're the only real candidates for a retype.

Weak to: Fire (fanning flames), Ground, Rock and Steel (all three are immovable by wind).

Strong against: Fighting (can't punch air), Grass (cold wind burns vegetation), Flying (disrupts flight).

Not sure how Fairy-type would work in terms of strengths and weaknesses.

Flying type = air, wind, flight, basically anything sky related that can be thought of
Also, why would Leaf Storm of all moves be retyped, It's so obviously a Grass-type move. Same with Blizzard, it couldn't really be anything except Ice.

also, Magic typers, can any of you tell me any distinct features that wouldn't be covered by Psychic types?

basically, bringing in a Magic/Air type would be like bringing in a Sand type. It's covered perfectly fine by other types.

also, on Fairy type weaknesses and strengths

Strong against:
-Dragon (outsmarting the huge beasts)
-Fighting (being able to dodge the increasingly fustrated fighters whilst sneakily attacking them)
-Dark (I kind of see it fitting, no idea how or why though)
Weak against
-Poison (can't defend themselves from poisonous plants/they have no way to deal with poisons?)
-Psychic (outsmarting them)
-Bug (spiders/scorpions/other nasty bugs eating them?)

also, not an inherent weakness/resistance, but some kind of symbiotic relationship that is directly mentioned ingame with the Grass type, the fairies caring for the plants, and the plants in turn producing berries/nectar/other nice things that the fairies consume
Also, this is me being picky, but maybe change the name to 'Faerie'? It's just whenever I think of Fairies I always think of those small Tinkerbell-like things with insect wings and in leaf clothing, which isn't what the type would be about. I always think they'd be like those small nymphs and faeries that are seen in folklore, protecting the forest or something like that.
Xerneas would fit well into this category, being the forest's protector and the magical being that the faeries all worship in folklore
Also, sudden random brainwave that is slightly off topic, if Xerneas is the forest's protector, maybe it could make sense that Yveltal is the sky's protector? Obviously being Fighting/Flying instead of Dark/Flying

P.DelSlayer said:
Also, this is me being picky, but maybe change the name to 'Faerie'? It's just whenever I think of Fairies I always think of those small Tinkerbell-like things with insect wings and in leaf clothing, which isn't what the type would be about. I always think they'd be like those small nymphs and faeries that are seen in folklore, protecting the forest or something like that.
Xerneas would fit well into this category, being the forest's protector and the magical being that the faeries all worship in folklore
Also, sudden random brainwave that is slightly off topic, if Xerneas is the forest's protector, maybe it could make sense that Yveltal is the sky's protector? Obviously being Fighting/Flying instead of Dark/Flying

I'm beginning to wonder if Xerneas/Yveltal's types weren't released because one or both of them is a new type. I mean, they released the typing of the starters, but not the legendaries. Maybe Xerneas is part Fairy-type?

oakbark said:

Wind types would have two weaknesses which is obviously fire and poison. (Fire eats oxygen and air pollution) Poison really need a boost since it's a weak type and another reason to create a new type aka Wind-types to buff poison-types. I'm not so sure about resistances/defenses/offenses, I'll leave it to the experts.

In my opinion, wind types should have pure and primary types and leave the secondary types to flying types. Like I said before, they kept introducing secondary flying types. It doesn't seem they are planning to create pure or primary flying types anytime soon, it has been five generations and still nothing. That's why I believe they should create wind types in order to satisfy people who are a big fan (like me) of the wind element. I have no issues with flying-types, in fact, it's my favorite but it's so aggravating that they haven't create a pure or primary flying-types. I mean, why can't they create them? What's wrong with it? Too OPed? No way, steel and dragons are OPed than pure or primary flying-types. -_-

Matty said:
oakbark said:

Wind types would have two weaknesses which is obviously fire and poison. (Fire eats oxygen and air pollution) Poison really need a boost since it's a weak type and another reason to create a new type aka Wind-types to buff poison-types. I'm not so sure about resistances/defenses/offenses, I'll leave it to the experts.

In my opinion, wind types should have pure and primary types and leave the secondary types to flying types. Like I said before, they kept introducing secondary flying types. It doesn't seem they are planning to create pure or primary flying types anytime soon, it has been five generations and still nothing. That's why I believe they should create wind types in order to satisfy people who are a big fan (like me) of the wind element. I have no issues with flying-types, in fact, it's my favorite but it's so aggravating that they haven't create a pure or primary flying-types. I mean, why can't they create them? What's wrong with it? Too OPed? No way, steel and dragons are OPed than pure or primary flying-types. -_-

inb4 Tornadus.

But yeah, there definitely seem to be reasons for pokemon to be simply secondary Flying... Tornadus proves that its not impossible, but didnt really give us any solid hints about what it takes to be one (since its design is shared with the other 2 who are not primarly Flying..).

My guess is that it has to be naturally airborne (and I dont mean just be capable of some form of flight, it needs to be their default state, rather than a fun thing they can do) PLUS have no other serious elemental association (which would take the primary spot as seen by Thundurus and Landorus). It can have a focus on wind though (since wind isnt actually exclusive to any type), but not necessarily because of being a Flying type (in other words, a pure/primary Flying should be possible without being wind-themed), as we've seen wind-themed pokemon before, and some of them are not Flying at all, or learn barely any Flying moves even in alternative ways (like Shiftry).

I don't think Wind is needed (even though it is, always was and always will be my favourite classical-greek element in any rpg setting), frankly because it is too casual, its just using force in a certain way, spread out, without focus. I mean a lot of the wind-based attacks rely on other elements to do the actual harm! (Leaf Storm/Leaf Tornado, Twister, Whirlwind, Fire Spin, Silver Wind, Ominous Wind, Icy Wind etc etc), its like wind is a way of employing other elements, similar to using limbs to deliver elemental damage, or objects from the environment etc.

Its like sound and light.. they're interesting and show up every now and then adding some spice, but that's about it. They lack some unique exclusive basis and wouldn't bring anything new to the table that isn't already perfectly covered by the 17 types.

oakbark said:
P.DelSlayer said:

I'm beginning to wonder if Xerneas/Yveltal's types weren't released because one or both of them is a new type. I mean, they released the typing of the starters, but not the legendaries. Maybe Xerneas is part Fairy-type?

I think that the legendaries' types are kept secret for a while, iirc it was around 3-4 months before Reshiram and Zekrom were revealed to be Fire/Dragon and Electric/Dragon. However, I can only really see Xerneas having a new type, Yveltal could be a combination of several existing types.

But for me, it's not the legendaries' types being secret that leads me to thinking a Fairy type could exist, it's the fact Sylveon's just doesn't fit into any obvious typing yet like the other Eeveelutions, and they've been incredibly secret about it's type since its revelation in February. Sure, it has elements from both Normal and Flying, but it just doesn't scream it's typing like every other Eeveelution does.

I'm hoping that if a Fairy type happens, confirmation of it would come in the May CoroCoro, along with the revelation that Sylveon is a Fairy type, Xerneas is a Grass/Fairy, and Yveltal's type as well.

(also, to everyone saying Yveltal is so clearly obviously a Dark/Flying, remember that Zekrom was widely speculated to be Dark/Dragon before its typing was revealed. So don't rule out Fighting/Flying just yet)

P.DelSlayer said:
(also, to everyone saying Yveltal is so clearly obviously a Dark/Flying, remember that Zekrom was widely speculated to be Dark/Dragon before its typing was revealed.

I'm sure anyone who suggested that (I don't even remember seeing that), probably did so simply because of its dark appearance (which is as poor as someone suggesting Fire and Water for X/Y because of their main colors *facepalm*)...along with then proposing a light type for Reshiram I assume? After which everyone knew how that would turn out lol.

With Yveltal however, its not even about having a dark appearance (its actually quite bright with its red bottom side), its about what the Dark type actually represents (its not the absence of light, as everyone and their grandmother should know by now, its called the Evil type in jap.), and that is a great fit for this threatening and aggresive look.

I don't see at all where you'd get Fighting from with what we got... if we had confirmation that it is not Dark, the next thing I would go to would be Poison/Flying, which is actually just as appropriate if not even moreso. I mean it looks like a huge blood-sucking menace.
(not to mention we haven't seen Poison/Flying even a second time since Zubats line)
And if the theme is even remotely about life and death, Poison is THE best representative of that aspect without that refering to itself (in which case Ghost would be the choice of course)

I'd really dig that typing...altho competitively they are two crappy STABs... which makes me want a type chart rebalance :|
If Fairy turned out to be real, gamefreak would need to be quite stupid if giving it a Poison weakness wasn't the first thing to pop into their heads.

I personally will never ever believe there will be any new types until the actual game itself is released.

Mitja said:
P.DelSlayer said:
(also, to everyone saying Yveltal is so clearly obviously a Dark/Flying, remember that Zekrom was widely speculated to be Dark/Dragon before its typing was revealed.

I'm sure anyone who suggested that (I don't even remember seeing that), probably did so simply because of its dark appearance (which is as poor as someone suggesting Fire and Water for X/Y because of their main colors *facepalm*)...along with then proposing a light type for Reshiram I assume? After which everyone knew how that would turn out lol.

With Yveltal however, its not even about having a dark appearance (its actually quite bright with its red bottom side), its about what the Dark type actually represents (its not the absence of light, as everyone and their grandmother should know by now, its called the Evil type in Japanese.), and that is a great fit for this threatening and aggresive look.

I don't see at all where you'd get Fighting from with what we got... if we had confirmation that it is not Dark, the next thing I would go to would be Poison/Flying, which is actually just as appropriate if not even moreso. I mean it looks like a huge blood-sucking menace.
(not to mention we haven't seen Poison/Flying even a second time since Zubats line)
And if the theme is even remotely about life and death, Poison is THE best representative of that aspect without that refering to itself (in which case Ghost would be the choice of course)

I'd really dig that typing...altho competitively they are two crappy STABs... which makes me want a type chart rebalance :|
If Fairy turned out to be real, gamefreak would need to be quite stupid if giving it a Poison weakness wasn't the first thing to pop into their heads.
Yep, Light was hugely speculated for Reshiram. And it was until Shokotan mentioned that she liked Zekrom because it was Electric that people started seriously considering Electric as it's type.
(also, just for the record, I've seen people suggest Water for Xern because the X logo has Xern's horns on it, and people think that it could represent flowing water. Same goes for Yvel being fire cos the Y logo has Yvel's claws stylised on the Y, and it looks like flames to some people)
Fighting/Flying for Yveltal was a fairly simple reason; Fighting is the only type as of yet unpaired with Flying, and we know how GF likes giving version mascots exclusive typing.
There's also a theory which says that Xerneas is based on the neuron (I think) and Yveltal is based on muscle (it's red underside and veiny things on it's body support this), and what comes to mind when we think of muscle?
The above also slightly disproves Dark/Flying, since it's already been seen on 2 different lines.
Another reason it could be Fighting is that since Xern has been rumoured to be the forest's protector, it could make sense that Yvel could be the sky's guardian (with the last being the ocean's guardian and forming a trio, with a trio master who is some kind of guardian who watches over life?). And what type do we think of when we think of a guardian?
I wouldn't think Yveltal would be a Poison type at a glance; it has no venomous qualities that all other Poison types have shown.

Right now on legendary types (just cos it goes with this convo)
Xern:
Psychic/Electric-30%
Psychic/Grass-30%
Fairy(with other types)-30
any other types people think it could have-10%

Yvel:
Fighting/Flying-50%
Dark/Flying-40%
any other types people think it could have- 10%

P.DelSlayer said:
and we know how GF likes giving version mascots exclusive typing.

This was only the case in BW. In all the previous games the type combinations of the legendaries had been used before, or were introduced in the same generation. Dialga is the only exception (and Giratina, if you count the third games as well).

GameFreak does not want to get rid of all the unused type combinations as soon as they can, it is not a race. They will not give it an unused type if it does not make sense.

Pokequaza said:
P.DelSlayer said:
and we know how GF likes giving version mascots exclusive typing.

This was only the case in BW. In all the previous games the type combinations of the legendaries had been used before, or were introduced in the same generation. Dialga is the only exception (and Giratina, if you count the third games as well).

GameFreak does not want to get rid of all the unused type combinations as soon as they can, it is not a race. They will not give it an unused type if it does not make sense.

Why wouldn't the third game be counted? It's a main series game in a generation with it's own storyline.
But the point I was trying to get across is that GF likes to give version mascots typing that has rarely been seen before (when you consider one or so lines, the list becomes bigger), if not never seen before. It's a way of making them stand out more.
And I know they aren't trying to get rid of all the type combos quickly. With the current type chart we have 289 (I think) combinations. We are about to have 700+ that amount. They always keep strange and exotic typings for certain Pokemon in a generation.

P.DelSlayer said:
Pokequaza said:

Why wouldn't the third game be counted? It's a main series game in a generation with it's own storyline.
But the point I was trying to get across is that GF likes to give version mascots typing that has rarely been seen before (when you consider one or so lines, the list becomes bigger), if not never seen before. It's a way of making them stand out more.
And I know they aren't trying to get rid of all the type combos quickly. With the current type chart we have 289 (I think) combinations. We are about to have 700+ that amount. They always keep strange and exotic typings for certain Pokemon in a generation.

But then Poison/Flying would be quite appropriate (just Zubat atm, whereas there was already Natu with Lugia, and later Sigilyph and Woobat)

I don't think they're aiming for exotic types though.
I mean
-gen 3 was pretty pure and simple (Ground, Water, Dragon/Flying)
-gen 2 was simply Flying ones (and not unique either)
-gen 4 and 5 they went for Dragon combos, so it was like ~50% for any of them to be unique and exotic.

Since this time they obviously won't be paired with Dragon...and one of them even already looks like a definite Flying (which lowers the chances for a unique type more than any other)... I don't see the justification for thinking they would end up as exotic dual types.
They could, but that's not something they specifically aim for.

D.N.A said:
Yveltal will be Dark/Fairy, Xerneas will be Light/Fairy.

Obviously.

Not Light/Fairy and Sound/Wind? Dx

Back