XY What new Types would you like to see in X and Y?

Luna_Cat16 said:
Why would they need to change the Muskedeers to fit a new type? Fighting already fits their group perfectly given the concepts used in their creation, so any new type would probably just breeze right by it.

A new type would be "out there" in terms of options (i think type chart rebalancing is far more likely, for example), but I don't understand why a new one would be so bad beyond a nondescript "ruining everything". How could it ruin stuff? If anything a new type would be used to fix existing type imbalances more than mess them up further.
The chart is balanced enough as it is.
The musketeers are more of justice bringers than fighters, thus saints.

Daenordus said:

Ice only resists itself (at least Normal has an immunity!), and is weak to Fire, Rock, Fighting and Steel, two of these are the most common offensive types (which then even includes Stealth Rock weakness).

This is far too crippling. Imagine a defensive Ice Pokemon. Yeah no, what a waste of stats.

Mitja said:
Daenordus said:

Ice only resists itself (at least Normal has an immunity!), and is weak to Fire, Rock, Fighting and Steel, two of these are the most common offensive types.

This is far too crippling. Imagine a defensive Ice Pokemon. Yeah no, what a waste of stats.

Gamefreak and Nintendo still aren't ever going to add in new types. Period. Sorry to burst everyone's bubble.
Still, ice Pokemon are okay if used correctly. I have a hail team and it does wonderful.

Yeesh, we know it's not going to happen it's just fun speculation.

And not to mention that Dragon is overpowered, which is kind of obvious, and would be okay except for the fact that there are way more dragons than there used to be back in the 3rd gen. Now that the rarity is taken out of it they just feel a bit TOO strong.

Daenordus said:
Mitja said:
Ice only resists itself (at least Normal has an immunity!), and is weak to Fire, Rock, Fighting and Steel, two of these are the most common offensive types.

Gamefreak and Nintendo still aren't ever going to add in new types. Period. Sorry to burst everyone's bubble.

I'm not saying they will lol.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y's Latest Updated?

(I) New Type
The image depicts a new Pokémon from X&Y and its Japanese name is Ferion!

It's a Light/Flying dual-type Pokémon which could be a new beginning of the game flying type evolutionary Line or possibly a legendary Pokémon? Who knows? =\

But one thing we do know of Light type Pokémon are:-

Super Effective:
Dark
Fighting
Steel

Not Effective:
Rock
Psychic
Flying

Weak:
Ghost
Poison
Dark

Resistance (No Effect):
Fighting
Light

(II) IVs and EVs
For the first time ever, you will be able to see both your IVs and EVs in the game at the Pokémon's stats screen!!

(III) Abilites
Now you can gain abilities by leveling up! It's something like moves, you can choose which ability to keep!!

(IV) Post Game
After you defeated Elite 4, you will gain access to an island where you can go back Into the world and recruit AI trainers or friends (like join avenue) to create a town and ultimately own your own gym!! Yes be a gym leader !!! :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 33
navinetwork said:

(I) New Type

It's a Light/Flying dual-type Pokémon which could be a new beginning of the game flying type evolutionary Line or possibly a legendary Pokémon? Who knows? =\

Super Effective:
Dark
Fighting
Steel

Not Effective:
Rock
Psychic
Flying

Weak:
Ghost
Poison
Dark

Resistance (No Effect):
Fighting
Light

(II) IVs and EVs
For the first time ever, you will be able to see both your IVs and EVs in the game at the Pokémon's stats screen!!

(III) Abilites
Now you can gain abilities by leveling up! It's something like moves, you can choose which ability to keep!!

(IV) Post Game
After you defeated Elite 4, you will gain access to an island where you can go back Into the world and recruit AI trainers or friends (like join avenue) to create a town and ultimately own your own gym!! Yes be a gym leader !!! :)

Cute rumor.

navinetwork said:

(I) New Type

Super Effective:
Dark
Fighting
Steel

Not Effective:
Rock
Psychic
Flying

Weak:
Ghost
Poison
Dark

Resistance (No Effect):
Fighting
Light

(II) IVs and EVs

(III) Abilites

(IV) Post Game
When did this dream come to you?

It's not a dream of mine. It's from a Japanese magazine..I mean The scan of the new light type Pokémon is attached on my reply.. And the other info is from the person (I seen from a fb page on fb that concentrate on Pokémon).. It seems to be info translated by them of Japanese magazine. Only that's not scanned so I'm not sure. I'm just here sharing the information that I know only.

navinetwork said:
It's not a dream of mine. It's from a Japanese magazine..I mean The scan of the new light type Pokémon is attached on my reply.. And the other info is from the person (I seen from a fb page on fb that concentrate on Pokémon).. It seems to be info translated by them of Japanese magazine. Only that's not scanned so I'm not sure. I'm just here sharing the information that I know only.

Link for proof.

Everybody keeps asking for Light type. I see why and I found myself on the bandwagon for awhile only cause something needs to oppose darks. I have learned that in Japan "Fighting type" is considered hero type and why it is supereffective against dark. And the fact to what pokemon will become light type? Chandelure? No it should stay Fire and ghost, LAnturn? No it should stay water and electric, IDK, so NO LIGHT TYPE! But....

I am the driver of the Fairy bandwagon. The fairy type should exist, it should contain most of the fairy egggroup pokemon. Clefable: Fairy only. Jumpluff: Grass, Fairy. Togekiss: Air, Fairy. Yes I said air...

My other thing I want, actually I might be mad if it is not changed. I want flying to become Air type. Why is tornadus only Flying type? Tornadus is not flying it is air! Pokemon should be able to be sole Air type and not have to be part normal, or fairy! Just change the name and make the next bird just Air and not normal. please!

Fairy:
Fairy Supereffective against... Dragon, Dark, Ghost
Supereffective against Fairy... Electric, Fire, Steel
Or something like that.

Air: Same.

This is what I want!

Tyrant said:
Everybody keeps asking for Light type. I see why and I found myself on the bandwagon for awhile only cause something needs to oppose darks. I have learned that in Japan "Fighting type" is considered hero type and why it is supereffective against dark. And the fact to what pokemon will become light type? Chandelure? No it should stay Fire and ghost, LAnturn? No it should stay water and electric, IDK, so NO LIGHT TYPE! But....

I am the driver of the Fairy bandwagon. The fairy type should exist, it should contain most of the fairy egggroup pokemon. Clefable: Fairy only. Jumpluff: Grass, Fairy. Togekiss: Air, Fairy. Yes I said air...

My other thing I want, actually I might be mad if it is not changed. I want flying to become Air type. Why is tornadus only Flying type? Tornadus is not flying it is air! Pokemon should be able to be sole Air type and not have to be part normal, or fairy! Just change the name and make the next bird just Air and not normal. please!

Fairy:
Fairy Supereffective against... Dragon, Dark, Ghost
Supereffective against Fairy... Electric, Fire, Steel
Or something like that.

Air: Same.

This is what I want!

You most likely (in fact, 99.9% chance) won't get it. I see your point though.

@Daenordus: The link is in the bottom of his post. Its fake.
The thing is, we probably won't be getting any types. During the first R/B/G series, the game was still a WIP. They still needed funding from other games profits produced by Nintendo to develop it. In the second gen, they introduced Dark and Steel, two new additions that made the game more balanced. Why would they come up with new ones if they have stuck around with these types so long? There would be to much indecision in the development on what to make them strong against and weak to, and it would make things difficult in game and the metagame. 17 is the amount we've stuck with for around 12 years. That's a long time we've been adjusted to it. Also, first full 3D figures ever in the Pokemon franchise! They are obviously paying more attention to that to worry about making new types. I'm not saying it's not going to happen, it's just highly unlikely.

navinetwork said:

Seems legit. Ken Sugimori just had either a really bad day, suffered from hand spasms, or let his 2 year-old nephew draw that ''Pokémon''...

As long as the people at GameFreak retain their sanity, we will not be seeing a Light-type.

I always felt they should create Air/Wind type not because I requested a new type, because I obviously get the hint that GF probably never create a pure non Legendary or primary Flying types. They should create a new type (Air/Wind) to satisfy people who're a fan of flying/air/wind types.

It has been five generations and yet, we still don't get any pure or primary flying types. (Tornadus doesn't count because it's a Legendary, although it's a perfect example for Air/Wind types) What makes you think they will create one or more this generation?

Matty said:
I always felt they should create Air/Wind type not because I requested a new type, because I obviously get the hint that GF probably never create a pure non Legendary or primary Flying types. They should create a new type (Air/Wind) to satisfy people who're a fan of flying/air/wind types.

It has been five generations and yet, we still don't get any pure or primary flying types. (Tornadus doesn't count because it's a Legendary, although it's a perfect example for Air/Wind types) What makes you think they will create one or more this generation?

I wish they'd make a casual pokemon that is primary Flying.
So we could at least get the feel of what it takes.
As of now Tornadus is not even a good example because its design basis is shared with 2 pokemon who are merely secondary Flying...

Like, with Tornadus they merely showed us it's not impossible, but without giving us any good insight apart from a conceptual standpoint (wind-specialized. But even there we've had wind-associated pokemon who weren't even secondary Flying..).

Mitja said:
Matty said:

I wish theyd make a casual pokemon that is primary Flying.
As of now Tornadus is not even a good example because its design basis is shared with 2 pokemon who are merely seoncdary Flying...

Like, with Tornadus they merely showed us its not impossible, but without giving us any good insight apart from a conceptual standpoint (wind-specialized. But even there we've had wind-associated pokemon who weren't even secondary Flying..).

I think that there will be some regular flying types in X and Y.

Daenordus said:
Mitja said:
I wish theyd make a casual pokemon that is primary Flying.
As of now Tornadus is not even a good example because its design basis is shared with 2 pokemon who are merely seoncdary Flying...

Like, with Tornadus they merely showed us its not impossible, but without giving us any good insight apart from a conceptual standpoint (wind-specialized. But even there we've had wind-associated pokemon who weren't even secondary Flying..).

I tihnk taht theere wull be som reglar flyin tipes in X and Y.
Sorry, but... Grammar check, please.
Look who's talking.

Anyway, speculation is still speculation. (Although, I'm curious why do you think they will make one?) 5 generations came and you still have hope?

Apparently the person who leaked the entire B/W PokeDex has 'confirmed' that there will be a new Fairy type.
This I can actually see happening, plus it's probably the most logical new type which isn't covered by anything else, and the biggest hint is Sylveon, what with it's Fairy-like appearance and the fact all of it's names in all languages refer to fairys (Sylph, fairy, nymph)
As much as I'm against new types, I can actually see this happening, and a new type could be just the reason that they aren't revealing any news, to build up suspense and then we get a huge announcement about a Fairy type.
Of course, we should all take this as a rumour, nothing more.

P.DelSlayer said:
Apparently the person who leaked the entire B/W PokeDex has 'confirmed' that there will be a new Fairy type.
This I can actually see happening, plus it's probably the most logical new type which isn't covered by anything else, and the biggest hint is Sylveon, what with it's Fairy-like appearance and the fact all of it's names in all languages refer to fairys (Sylph, fairy, nymph)
As much as I'm against new types, I can actually see this happening, and a new type could be just the reason that they aren't revealing any news, to build up suspense and then we get a huge announcement about a Fairy type.
Of course, we should all take this as a rumour, nothing more.

If the Fairy-type rumor or something similar happens to be true, I wonder how many Pokemon will have their types changed/added to beside the obvious Cleffa/Clefairy/Clefable line typing change that would likely occur.

Back