XY What new smaller details would you like to see? Things! Environment! Random events! Etc.

How about instead of bringing back surfing on Pokémon they just give us a swimsuit so we can swim around ourselves like everyone else does?

AdamLambert said:
Well, I think they'll stick with what they've already got. They'll have a watery scene, and the trainer and Pokémon will just stand on a blue circle. I don't see a need to change it. I do, however see a need to make it so you're actually surfing on the Pokémon you're surfing on. They also need to redo the HM system. They can be kept as HM's, but make it so only the Pokémon that can logically carry you on the back (for Surf and Fly) can use them in the field. I think that's their best option. Or make them TM's (so they still exist) and have it so we just swim/ ride a rental and use an airplane/ rental Pokémon. Seeing as they have rental Pokemon, I'm thinking that maybe our own Pokémon won't be able to use Surf, Waterfall, Dive, Whirlpool, or Fly. Strength, Cut, Rock Smash, Flash, Defog would work fine as they done involve interaction with the player (riding).

Sorry if I'm rambling. I was thinking about this as I wrote it.

I wouldn't like having to use rentals for surfing and flying unless I could take them with me everywhere and have more than one rental out at a time in which case they wouldn't be rentals. If I can't take them everywhere then it limits the usage of fly and surf, which I wouldn't like.

Also I'd like to be able to customize a secret base or something again. One that's actually in game. Looks like you might be able to customize your room already though it may have just been because one screenshot was from the early development.
mirror.jpg

customise1.jpg

I'd like them to bring back the battle pyramid. Except with more variety in floor types, also not called the battle pyramid. Maybe even have it completely different where you bring one of your own Pokémon and catch two while you're inside for rental use during the event.

Fee said:
I'd like them to bring back the battle pyramid. Except with more variety in floor types, also not called the battle pyramid. Maybe even have it completely different where you bring one of your own Pokémon and catch two while you're inside for rental use during the event.

They should bring it back and make it more like a roguelike, with items laying around, hallways, open rooms and overworld pokemon and competing trainers that attack you and trigger battles (and disappear after defeat).

AdamLambert said:
All I know is that I'm a tad bit worried that GF will make the games too realistic. They need to make sure it isn't too Sims-y. I don't want to have to shower or eat or brush my teeth in the game.

I really agree with Adam. I play Sims 3 if I wanna play Sims, not Pokemon X or Y. :D

I also hope that Kalos will have those really Paris-like areas, but I hope we get areas like huge deserts, jungles and big waterfalls. The last one seems the coolest :D I just imagine going up the waterfall and encountering a horde of Feebas on the top. :D

professorlight said:
They should bring it back and make it more like a roguelike, with items laying around, hallways, open rooms and overworld pokemon and competing trainers that attack you and trigger battles (and disappear after defeat).

Like Mystery Dungeon? That'd be pretty awesome.

Do we have any idea how time/weather/seasons will work? I really hope they make it as realistic as possible, like if it's night time and you're running through grass, you can wake up a pokemon and make it angry with you! And that would be how the battle would start. I dunno, seems cool. I mean realistic stuff like that would be cool, more like what would actually be happening if it were real life.

Blasto said:
Do we have any idea how time/weather/seasons will work? I really hope they make it as realistic as possible, like if it's night time and you're running through grass, you can wake up a pokemon and make it angry with you! And that would be how the battle would start. I dunno, seems cool. I mean realistic stuff like that would be cool, more like what would actually be happening if it were real life.

The wild Helioptile you stepped on attacked although I hope that one makes sense and you don't get attacked by the wild snorlax you just stepped on.

Raptor9229 said:
Blasto said:

The wild Helioptile you stepped on attacked although I hope that one makes sense and you don't get attacked by the wild snorlax you just stepped on.

Yes that's true, I guess for it to make sense they would have to do different approaches for each pokemon.

Oh! The wild Groudon you stepped on attacked! xD

I really hope there could be random in-game trades. Having only a few is boring as crap. :D Again, it would be fun if random NPCs would offer trades, just made randomly. Like someone asks if you want to trade your Helioptile for his Fletchling. Really cool. :D

Pineapple X said:

I really hope there could be random in-game trades. Having only a few is boring as crap. :D Again, it would be fun if random NPCs would offer trades, just made randomly. Like someone asks if you want to trade your Helioptile for his Fletchling. Really cool. :D

Agreed, but I hope that if they do then it'll be interesting i.e. version exclusives or pokemon with hidden abilities. Lots and lots of pokemon with hidden abilities!! :D

On a separate note, I really hope the Dream World is gone forever.

Blasto said:
Pineapple X said:

Agreed, but I hope that if they do then it'll be interesting i.e. version exclusives or pokemon with hidden abilities. Lots and lots of pokemon with hidden abilities!! :D

Not me, dream world sniper Fearow, Spearow, Beedrill, Spinarak, and Ariados could be helpful at some point.

Well, Id rather not have to deal with getting on my computer and playing redundant mini games in which score actually has "little" influence on actual results to get Pokemon with abilities that most of them should have had in the first place. Like someone else mentioned (in another thread I think, or a previous page) that they should just let you select the ability you want the Pokemon to have in some way- IN GAME. Id much rather play a neat little mini game or even use Pokemon aime to change abilities, than have to spend days upon days of searching the Dream World for a female just so I can try to breed one that is decently competitive.

The Dream World needs a little something extra to keep you playing, if you've already got everything you want from it, there's no real point in continuing. IDK what though.

And if you really want particular DW abilities, you'd be much better off trading for them than any in game method, the games are very stingy when it comes to handing them out.

I'd like to see the return of the PWT
Or maybe, the return of Cynthia... There are some reasons to bring her again in this games...
1.- Cynthia is the stereotype that Japanese people have about "European girls", and those games are based on France, so...
2.- In Platinum, when Cynthia visits the player at their Villa, she notes how relaxing it is there and that she doesn't want to go home because her house is a complete mess. She goes on to say, "My house? Even the region is a secret!" hinting that she may live in a region other than Sinnoh.
3.- Cynthia has appeared in every main series Pokémon game since her debut in Diamond and Pearl. <== It's because she has a lot of fans around the world...
I don't know, I just wanna see her again xD

Has anyone put to thought about what the Pokemon's animations will be like when they faint? I remember back in the Pokemon Stadium days when Jynx fainted she would dissolve into the ground, aside from her hair. I hope they get somewhat creative with it.

jdivinity said:
Has anyone put to thought about what the Pokemon's animations will be like when they faint? I remember back in the Pokemon Stadium days when Jynx fainted she would dissolve into the ground, aside from her hair. I hope they get somewhat creative with it.

Misdreavus should implode while her beads spin out wildly and shatter
Mismagius should be sucked into it's hat while the gems spin erratically and implode into the hat

. 3 .

Raptor9229 said:
Blasto said:

Not me, dream world sniper Fearow, Spearow, Beedrill, Spinarak, and Ariados could be helpful at some point.

That's irrelevant as hidden abilities are not exclusive to the dreamworld, they were merely introduced through it.

Back