XY What Moves Do You Think Will Be Revised in Pokémon X / Y?

RE: What MOVES do you think will be retyped this generation?

Metalizard said:
I know but as you said, it is most associated with the dead. Plus, the point is those lights are actual combustions, hence the Fire-type.

They're also said to be fairies. . .

Haha, I guess it can be taken all three ways. Either way, it doesn't matter. xD

Will-o-wisp is fire because it can be either:

-fires carried by fairies
-fires -> souls of the dead
-natural combustion due to phosphates in the water/ground (I heard it somewhere)

ergo:

1 out of 3 = fairy
1 out of 3 = ghost
3 out of 3 = fire

Therefore will-o-wisp is fire type, and it's mostly learned by ghost types (we'll see how many fairies can learn it).

Quod Erat Demostrandum, b****s!

In an entirely different matter, I think lucky chant should be changed to fairy, and it should have two effects: prevent critical hits on the user and bolster crit ratio in the user's own attacks. The whole point of the move is the user manipulating luck, it should work in it's defense and it's offense, not just in it's defense.

professorlight said:
Will-o-wisp is fire because it can be either:

-fires carried by fairies
-fires -> souls of the dead
-natural combustion due to phosphates in the water/ground (I heard it somewhere)

This. I didn't mentioned it but I've read about Will-o-Wisps before and that's the explanation I've found too, hence why I insisted on the Fire-type. Its latin name is "ignis fatuus" meaning "foolish fire". In my language they're called "Fogo Fátuo" with "Fogo" meaning "Fire".
About its association with ghosts, in folklore, it may have a bit to do with the souls of the dead, but it's more about the organic decaying of dead people... Sometimes they are spotted in cemeteries and all.

Quoting wiki:
In modern science, it is generally accepted that most ignes fatui are caused by the oxidation of phosphine (PH3), diphosphane (P2H4), and methane (CH4). These compounds, produced by organic decay, can cause photon emissions. Since phosphine and diphosphane mixtures spontaneously ignite on contact with the oxygen in air, only small quantities of it would be needed to ignite the much more abundant methane to create ephemeral fires.

Just to completely clarify the subject.

MuhFugginMoose said:
I can see:

Will-O-Wisp
Moonlight
Perish Song
Sing
and Heal Bell

Changing, other than that, not too many come to mind.

I can definitely see Moonlight as a Fairy-type move since we're getting Moon Blast, a powerful Fairy-type attack.

Sing is a good candidate because of its recognition as Jigglypuff's signature move in different media.

professorlight said:
Lovely kiss is jynx's unique move, if it changes, jynx would have to change too.

Lovely Kiss is normal type. I don't see why Jynx would need to change.

Safeguard could probably become Fairy. It seems too "magical" to be Normal type. If all else, Psychic could work.

Back