XY What Moves Do You Think Will Be Revised in Pokémon X / Y?

King Xerneas

Icy Goth
According to some of the people at the Gameshow in Japan, the move Charm was classified as a Fairy-type move. A couple of Pokemon have been retyped into fairy, but do you think moves will be retyped this generation? If so, which ones and why?

RE: What MOVES do you think will be retyped this generation?

I think Fairy type will be mostly Status based, like Psychic, so I'm guessing the Kissing moves and Flatter.

Blob55 said:
I think Fairy type will be mostly Status based, like Psychic, so I'm guessing the Kissing moves and Flatter.

Well, we gotta stop looking at the "Fairy" type as a girly thing. They were also brutal and evil creatures. Mawile is a prime example, there's no way her fairy typing is meant to be frilly and happy, She's based off Futakuchi-onna which is far from a happy sight, plus, could you imagine getting a kiss from that?
Fairy type has a chance to change a lot of moves, that aren't necessarilly "girly". So, just as a bit of a heads up, don't expect them to be nothing but girly kiss moves and pretty flowers. If there's anything we know about GF, it's they have quite a dark side. They're bound to show it.

MuhFugginMoose said:
Blob55 said:

Well, we gotta stop looking at the "Fairy" type as a girly thing. They were also brutal and evil creatures. Mawile is a prime example, there's no way her fairy typing is meant to be frilly and happy, She's based off Futakuchi-onna which is far from a happy sight, plus, could you imagine getting a kiss from that?
Fairy type has a chance to change a lot of moves, that aren't necessarilly "girly". So, just as a bit of a heads up, don't expect them to be nothing but girly kiss moves and pretty flowers. If there's anything we know about GF, it's they have quite a dark side. They're bound to show it.
Prime example: Perish song. I bet every shiny I have that that's gonna change to fairy. It isn't sweet. In fact, it's the opposite. And it's very fairyish. They're known to sing, but sometimes in malicious ways. As if casting spells/curses/hexes. Hex is another one that will probably change for the same reason.

Since Moonblast is a fairy type attack, maybe Moonlight will be retyped

Ohman177 said:
Prime example: Perish song. I bet every shiny I have that that's gonna change to fairy. It isn't sweet. In fact, it's the opposite. And it's very fairyish. They're known to sing, but sometimes in malicious ways. As if casting spells/curses/hexes. Hex is another one that will probably change for the same reason.

I gotta agree, Perish song definitely screams Fairy to me. Quite simply because of Sirens. Haha, lure sailors to their doom Lapras.
And we thought fairies were gonna be known for being Girly.

*Finds out Charm got a retype*

Dang it. . .

I think most spell like moves will be retyped to fairy because they're known for being magical. Perish Song, Hex, Curse (interesting), magical leaf (maybe), wish, moonlight, lunar dance, heal pulse, cosmic power, etc... They have plenty they could retype. Don't really need to come up with that many new ones.

MuhFugginMoose said:
Blob55 said:

You missed my point entirely...
I wasn't saying all Fairy moves have to be girly, I was just giving an example of Status moves.

Blob55 said:
I wasn't saying all Fairy moves have to be girly, I was just giving an example of Status moves.

Well, I figured since you were giving me two "girly" examples I assumed such. My apologies.

Ohman177 said:
I think most spell like moves will be retyped to fairy because they're known for being magical. Perish Song, Hex, Curse (interesting), magical leaf (maybe), wish, moonlight, lunar dance, heal pulse, cosmic power, etc... They have plenty they could retype. Don't really need to come up with that many new ones.
However, I think Curse & Hex will stay ghost, those are more ghostly and haunting than they are Fairy like.

I think Attract may be retyped. Luring someone into doing something you‘d want sounds fairyish to me

MuhFugginMoose said:
Blob55 said:

Well, I figured since you were giving me two "girly" examples I assumed such. My apologies.

Ohman177 said:
However, I think Curse & Hex will stay ghost, those are more ghostly and haunting than they are Fairy like.

I agree. Hex changing to Fairy type would be odd. Gen V only introduced one Ghost-type move: Hex. If they change it to a Fairy-type move there would be no moves. (Which would irritate me) Hex will for sure stay the same. It already belongs to many Ghost types anyway. As for a move I think will change, I believe Morning Sun and Moonlight, along with Swift.

AdamLambert said:
MuhFugginMoose said:

I agree. Hex changing to Fairy type would be odd. Gen V only introduced one Ghost-type move: Hex. If they change it to a Fairy-type move there would be no moves. (Which would irritate me) Hex will for sure stay the same. It already belongs to many Ghost types anyway. As for a move I think will change, I believe Morning Sun and Moonlight, along with Swift.

(I can only find footage of Swift being neutral on Exeggutor, but) I'm pretty sure Swift has been seen in demos to remain a Normal move.

What MOVES do you think will be retyped this generation?

Comet Punch, Captivate, Lovely Kiss, and Heal Bell.

Comets are pretty Fairy-ish. Normal type doesn't to make that much sense.

Captivate is pretty much where you woo your opponent into lowering his guard. Fairies, as said above, are tricksters. This would be a good idea for a retyping.

We have Draining Kiss. Why not Lovely Kiss?

Heal Bell summons a bell out of nowhere to heal your ally. It heals, and bells are pretty Fairy.
(Also, why can't Bronzong learn this?)

That's all I can think of. Maybe I'll come up with others later.

comet punch has to do with the speed of comets, not with the concept of comets, besides the link comets -> fairy are wishes, and that has nothing to do with comet punch.
Lovely kiss is jynx's unique move, if it changes, jynx would have to change too.

those that have a good chance are:
-metronome
-wish
-moonlight
-morning sun
-perish song
-sing
-relic song (pleaaaaase, gamefreak, fairy type meloetta, you know you want it)
-lucky chant (also misdreavus and mismagius)
-heal pulse
-sweet kiss
-tickle
-heal bell

I can see:

Will-O-Wisp
Moonlight
Perish Song
Sing
and Heal Bell

Changing, other than that, not too many come to mind.

professorlight said:
comet punch has to do with the spped of comets, not with the concept of comets,

Comet Punch is Consecutive Punch in Japan, Meteor Mash is actually Comet Punch in Japan. I think they should rename it Combo Punch, given the way it attacks.

MuhFugginMoose said:
I can see:

Will-O-Wisp

hmmm... No. There's no reason to change Will-O-Wisp from being Fire-type, specially to Fairy-type... If it had to change, it would be to Ghost, not Fairy... But it fits perfectly as a Fire-type move.

Metalizard said:
MuhFugginMoose said:
I can see:

Will-O-Wisp

hmmm... No. There's no reason to change Will-O-Wisp from being Fire-type, specially to Fairy-type... If it had to change, it would be to Ghost, not Fairy... But it fits perfectly as a Fire-type move.

Nope no reason aside from In European folklore, these lights are held to be either mischievous spirits of the dead, or other supernatural beings or spirits such as fairies, attempting to lead travelers astray.

Well what about other moves that could be retyped into other things, not just fairy type?

Hmm, maybe retyping Sandstorm to a ground type attack? The other two sand based moves are ground type, why is Sandstorm rock? Or maybe just turn Sand-attack and Sand Tomb into rock. Just some consistency with sand.

And I would like to see Razor Wind retyped to flying. I have no idea why it's always been normal type. Does anyone know of the reasoning behind that?

Also the same goes for Whirlwind. It's a wind that blows things away from battle. Nearly everything that learns it is flying type. Why is it also normal?

Disable seems more like a psychic or ghost type attack rather than normal. It is even depicted as being very psychic-like in the anime. Most of the pokemon that learn it are also associated with ghosts, psychics, or other similarly "spooky" stuff. Just seems out of place as normal.

Growth should be grass type. It is learned exclusively by grass types (excluding breeding Illumise to learn it), and it is positively affected by Sunnyday like Synthesis and Solarbeam. Seems like an odd choice for normal typing.

Agility is an odd choice for a psychic type move. Seems more in tune with a normal typing. Maybe it's psychic type because the user uses its mind to relax the body and make it faster? Is that the logic they are using behind it? I don't know, still would work better as normal in my own opinion.

Recover would work well as a psychic type. Many that learn it are part psychic. But I could see it working as normal too. So either way.

SmokeScreen retyped to fire. It is common on learnsets for fire types, but it could also work as poison. Normal works fairly well, too. The attack doesn't have much to do with smoke created by fire, but just with the ability to produce a blinding inky/smokey cloud. So three types could work for this one really.

Haze would make much more sense as a poison type attack. The Japanese name means Black Mist, which I assume is still about air pollution just like haze is. Only one ice type can currently learn it, with a significant amount of the others being poison.

Why is Rest psychic? Normal would seem more appropriate. Or is it something like using your mind to force yourself into a regenerating sleep?

Mind Reader's effect and description sound more psychic-like. Only one psychic line learns it through level-up. So...eh.

Endure works as normal, but I could see fighting working as a valid typing as well.

Swagger's effects seem typical of what a dark type move would do. Dark type moves usually have tricky and underhanded catches to it. It seems very deceitful when it powers the opponent up, but also gives them a very annoying case of confusion. Just a thought,

Mean Look to either dark or ghost typing.

And there are probably others. A lot are more about removing the generic catch-all normal typing and making them a bit more unique and in the same tone as what they do.

MuhFugginMoose said:
Metalizard said:

Nope no reason aside from In European folklore, these lights are held to be either mischievous spirits of the dead, or other supernatural beings or spirits such as fairies, attempting to lead travelers astray.

I know but as you said, it is most associated with the dead. Plus, the point is those lights are actual combustions, hence the Fire-type.

Back