XY What Do You Think of the Starters?

Is it true that generally the more difficult starter to choose is the grass type, because I didn't really think that before, I guess it's because fire is usually the only one with dual typing (except for DPP)...

Gr8Ampharos said:
Is it true that generally the more difficult starter to choose is the grass type, because I didn't really think that before, I guess it's because fire is usually the only one with dual typing (except for DPP)...

Actually, there's usually more than 1 dual type starter.
Johto all the starters were pure type, and Emboar is the only dual type in Unova, but for the other regions:
Kanto: Charizard/Venusaur
Hoenn: Blaziken/Swampert
Sinnoh: Infernape/Torterra/Empoleon

So the only time fire was the only dual type was gen. 5.
I don't think grass is the hardest to start with though. When the first gym is Rock, Fire is a tougher start. But in Johto, I suppose Grass is the hardest because the first gym is Flying.

Gr8Ampharos said:

Bulbasaur was the easiest Kanto starter; it's good against 3/4 of the Gym Leaders.

Re: RE: What do you think of the starters?

Keeper of Night said:
Gr8Ampharos said:

Actually, there's usually more than 1 dual type starter.
Johto all the starters were pure type, and Emboar is the only dual type in Unova, but for the other regions:
Kanto: Charizard/Venusaur
Hoenn: Blaziken/Swampert
Sinnoh: Infernape/Torterra/Empoleon

So the only time fire was the only dual type was gen. 5.
I don't think grass is the hardest to start with though. When the first gym is Rock, Fire is a tougher start. But in Johto, I suppose Grass is the hardest because the first gym is Flying.

I never have issues with Chikorita. I always pick it for my 24 hour charity livestream because it seems to be easier to level than the others. Probably just because I aboose Poliwag.

Regardless, I really don't have to grind, and I got through the game in 2 streams once.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

PellOfTheTundra said:
No but I don't like Fennekin. Looks like Zorua puffed up its ears and got into some orange and red paint.

I totally agree with this. This is what I first thought when I saw it.

SheNinja said:
PellOfTheTundra said:
No but I don't like Fennekin. Looks like Zorua puffed up its ears and got into some orange and red paint.

I totally agree with this. This is what I first thought when I saw it.

I also don't like Fennekin, because it looks anorexic; with that big head and tail and tiny body.

Fennekin is by far my favorite. Chespin looks really, really bizarre but I don't really dislike it that much. Froakie is my least favorite but he has such a laughably unoriginal name. I will almost certainly choose Fennekin unless if one of the evolutions looks awesome.

All three starters look good, actually. I'm interested in seeing the final evolutions before making my final decision. I have a hunch all three final evolutions have the potential to look extremely badass and cool looking.

I'll choose Fennekin
*Gamefreak reveals Fennekin's final evolution is fire/fighting*
I'll choose Froakie

Seriously though, I would prefer even pure fire to fire/fighting. We have seen enough fire/fighting starters.

EDIT
I replaced the phrase 'pure fighting' with 'pure fire'. Got my types mixed up :p

Takuto said:
All three starters look good, actually. I'm interested in seeing the final evolutions before making my final decision. I have a hunch all three final evolutions have the potential to look extremely badass and cool looking.
Someone that won't make rash decisions. Good for you.
aed080fb77b9e231c0baea02187cfaa2.jpg

For the first time ever, I actually like them all, even the cutey grass starter! I would be so pissed if the fire starter turn out to be fire/psychic later on because I haven't decided which one to pick! ;_;

You know, I'm sick of seeing people hating the design of ANY Pokemon. No Pokemon looks bad or they are NOT a disgrace. Though the generation 6 Pokemon starters are quite appealing! I'm choosing Fennekin, though it's not my favourite Pokemon. Pokemon designs are the best, and I wonder what the evolution starters are!

I love Froakie (I'm a fan of Poliwrath and Seismitoad so no surprise). Fennekin is cool too. I'm not liking Chespin that much...he could be worse. And I actually liked Oshawott the most..Samurott is boss. Serperior and Emboar are also cool. I don't like Chimchar.

I really like them all but for the first time, the water starter isn't my number one OR two choice! I like Froakie but... he was not my ideal starter. I am just tired of frogs being added and would have liked to see something new. He is a cute feller but my heart was taken by Fennekin and Chespin. I really love the idea of Chespin but Fennekin will be my number one choice. I haven't been this attracted to a fire starter since Charmander!

I don't like Chespin. It strikes me as a Pokémon where they were trying really, really hard to be unique and it just came out kinda forced and bad. The evolutions could be fantastic, though, and I'm sure there's a good reason for that awfully awkward looking 'crown'!

I love Fennekin, as unoriginal as it makes me feel. I hope to god its final form isn't standing on two legs though. Let's have a proper hardcore fox! Maybe a flying fox even. :)

When I get the games I'm gonna have to trade to myself near the beginning so I can have all three. This is the first gen that I can't decide. I love them all. 1st gen was Charmander, 2nd was Chikorita, 3rd was Torchic, 4th was Piplup, 5th was Tepig, but I like Oshawott the best now. Can't wait!

Tam said:
I don't like Chespin. It strikes me as a Pokémon where they were trying really, really hard to be unique and it just came out kinda forced and bad. The evolutions could be fantastic, though, and I'm sure there's a good reason for that awfully awkward looking 'crown'!

I love Fennekin, as unoriginal as it makes me feel. I hope to god its final form isn't standing on two legs though. Let's have a proper hardcore fox! Maybe a flying fox even. :)

Chespin is a chesnut hedgehog. His spikes (green area) are the outside of a spiky chestnut shell.

So I noticed in one of the pics Fennekin learns Scratch, but its paws are so small! How could it even pull that move off?
I also noticed that Froakie may be Speed based, as it learns Quick Attack.

BTW, it's Chespin a Chesnut Porcupine?

Back