XY What Current Pokémon / Moves Would You Like To See Changed into a Fairy-type? Why?

Has anyone heard anything on Misdreavus/Mismagius?

If Mr. Mime of all things can be a Fairy, then Misdreavus/Mismagius can easily be ones.

RE: What current Pokémon would you like to see changed into Fairy-type? What moves?

FloodBadge said:
Misdreavus and Mismagius should since they resemble Banshees a bit
apparently Banshees are fairies in some myths

They are they are from The Sidh of Irish Mythology i should know seems i work with The Morrighan Queen of The Sidh PS The Morrighan is my profile pick

Not sure what to think about when I look at the fairy-type pokemon. The fairies are like dragons - both are mystical beings from legends. Dragons - huge, serious, winged, with serpent body. Fairies - small people with bug-like wings. They have nothing in common with blue mice, pink cotton, plumpy granny or huge fawn. The only fairy-type pokemon which look a bit like fairies are Flabebe and Mawile.

The pokemon I would like to see changed into a fairy-type (I know they will probably not be changed, but this is just my wish list):

Celebi
Meloetta
Bellosom (she doesn't really look like a fairy, but I think she would be fine as a f-type)
Mesprit
Uxie
Azelf

Apparently Togepi has been retyped to pure Fairy.

If this is true, and if Snubbull/Granbull are pure Fairies, then things are looking very good for Clefairy - a candidate for pure Fairy if ever there was one!

This is also gonna give Togekiss a nice boost - it's now immune to Ground, Dragon and 4x resists Fighting - 3 big types in the current OU metagame.
Could potentially make OU.

P.DelSlayer said:
Apparently Togepi has been retyped to pure Fairy.

If this is true, and if Snubbull/Granbull are pure Fairies, then things are looking very good for Clefairy - a candidate for pure Fairy if ever there was one!

This is also gonna give Togekiss a nice boost - it's now immune to Ground, Dragon and 4x resists Fighting - 3 big types in the current OU metagame.
Could potentially make OU.

I'm definitely considering using Togekiss this gen!

I almost positive that the Clefairy line will be retyped to pure Fairy. People had been citing Jigglypuff as an example of why no Pokémon would be retconned to pure Fairy (instead, they would just have the type added), but I think it kept Normal due to its affinity for sound-based attacks. With Pokémon like Litleo and Jigglypuff, Gen VI seems to have shown that they definitely consider Sound-type to be a thing; it just falls under the domain of Normal-type (not that it didn't already, but this gen has made it even more clear).

Purin said:
I think some of the moonstone pokemon are likely to be fairy so probably delcatty

Delcatty is an interesting case.
It definitely looks like it could be Fairy type, and Wonder Skin could be a Fairy-related ability, but its main ability is Normalize - basically meaning all of its moves are gonna be Normal.
If it didn't have Normalize, then it would be a candidate for Fairy, but I think Normalize basically confirms its gonna be pure Normal forever.

edit:
lNYehv6.jpg

P.DelSlayer said:
It definitely looks like it could be Fairy type, and Wonder Skin could be a Fairy-related ability, but its main ability is Normalize - basically meaning all of its moves are gonna be Normal.
If it didn't have Normalize, then it would be a candidate for Fairy, but I think Normalize basically confirms its gonna be pure Normal forever.

Auroros has refrigerate, but isn't a pure Ice either. Delcatty can also have Cute Charm, and Wonder Skin as its ability. Another thing is that it was given the ability Normalize, probably without the knowledge of a future Fairy type.

That being said, I don't see Delcatty becoming part Fairy type though.

P.DelSlayer said:
lNYehv6.jpg

[img width= 350 height=]http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g140/MeepChick/Friendship%20is%20Magic/Facehoof.jpg[/img]

That's me right now.

F*** you, GF, you are on your own this time, I can't defend you if you do something that idiotic.

GF's stupidity aside, that's a good point about aurorus, and it can apply to delcatty too, even if it wouldn't be very useful (always neutral, and even a liability against ghosts), normally I would say delcatty doesn't have a chance to be fairy, but after this fiasco, I don't know what to think anymore.

Snubbull/Granbull being pure Fairy-type may seem weird, but it's species *is* "Fairy Pokémon", so it's not really that dumb. If they left it normal, people would just go "lololololol the species 'Fairy Pokémon' doesn't even get to be a Fairy-type, Game Freak is so stupid."

P.DelSlayer said:
Has anyone heard anything on Misdreavus/Mismagius?

If Mr. Mime of all things can be a Fairy, then Misdreavus/Mismagius can easily be ones.
I really don't know why everybody is so baffled by Mr. Mime's retyping. I mean, look at it.

Look at it.
BJFq1A9.png

It's some kind of clown goblin.
Why is this so surprising?

I do hope Misdreavus and Mismagius have been changed, though. Thy are partly based on banshees, after all, and those are fairies.

Vulpix said:
Fairies - small people with bug-like wings. They have nothing in common with blue mice, pink cotton, plumpy granny or huge fawn. The only fairy-type pokemon which look a bit like fairies are Flabebe and Mawile.

That's a very narrow, inaccurate description. This is a fairy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDbQY8maMXU
Seriously.

Are there any Fairy-Types at all that aren't pink in some way?
Also, maybe "Moonlight" as a Fairy-Type move? We're getting the new "Moonblast" so why not?

Personally, I think Misdreavus and Mismagius should've been Ghost/Psychic, but since that never happened, they NEED Ghost/Fairy. That would be a seriously cool combo, especially considering it's never been used.

I don't really think Uxie, Azelf, and Mespirit should get fairy because their roles make pure psychic suit them well. Celebi and Jirachi on the other hand could definitely get it to replace each of their psychic typings (I'm sure they could keep the moves, though). I'm going to be really disappointed if Cresselia doesn't get it. I'd say it could keep psychic as well, but I really don't want too many Fairy/Psychic types.

Dragon Pokémon said:

Mawile.
I'm highly confident that it wasn't chosen to be /Fairy because of its appearance (which would probably look more Dark than anything I guess), but because of its folklore origins, being a Futakuchi-onna, a Japanese woman with a mouth in her head.
I mean... It does make sense when you look at its design origins, but not at first glance. It also gives it arguably one of the better defensive typings in the game

And Gardevoir could be one I guess... Its not cutesy-girly, its more feminine in a more serious way... And it does fit Fairy type since it resembles elves and healing spirits, but I can see that it does appeal to girls.
It also gives it a nice Dual type to compare with her Psychic/Fighting brother.

Also Xerneas
It is a legendary, so I'll give it a bit of leeway, but it seems to have some origins in being a Faerie King or something.
However its more probably to do with its powers... Creation seems to be a fairy-related thing, and it provides a nice contrast to Yveltal; the Dark destroying-bird-thingy, and the Fairy-creation-deer-thingy.

Dragon Pokémon said:

Mawile is yellow/black
Marill line is blue
Flabebe line is white/green
Dedenne is yellow
Ralts line is white
Togepi line is white
Carbink is pale blue/indigo
Klefki is grey

I don't understand why people have a problem with Granbull being Fairy-type. I think it would be weirder if they didn't make it Fairy.

Pokequaza said:
P.DelSlayer said:

Auroros has refrigerate, but isn't a pure Ice either. Delcatty can also have Cute Charm, and Wonder Skin as its ability. Another thing is that it was given the ability Normalize, probably without the knowledge of a future Fairy type.

That being said, I don't see Delcatty becoming part Fairy type though.

The thing about Refrigerate is that it only turns Normal moves into Ice ones, whereas Normalize turns every move into Normal type.
So it still means Aurorus can use Rock Slide, EQ and everything, but it gets the added bonus of potentially having much stronger Ice moves (Ice Return anyone?).
With Delcatty its just Normal, Normal, Normal, which doesn't have the best boosts... but thats beside the point lol

tbh Clefairy was the obvious candidate candidate so there was no point wondering about something that was like 99% gonna happen anyway, and Audino could probably have gone either way I guess

I honestly don't think Refrigerate or Pixilate (the Fairy version) will be that useful. It seems like they only give those abilities to special attackers, and unlike Return, there aren't very many powerful Normal special attacks.

Back