XY What Current Pokémon / Moves Would You Like To See Changed into a Fairy-type? Why?

RE: What current Pokémon would you like to see changed into Fairy-type? What moves?

jstar21 said:
professorlight said:
WHY? why do people still insists on those stupid snubbull and granbull being fairies?
species don't mean anything, at. all. their movepools don't fit a fairy, and even if they want to showcase fairies not being only cute, there are better options: misdreavus, mismagius, mawile, megamawile, and fairies we still don't know about...
I think I'm gonna cry now...

You act as if Game Freak couldn't simply change their movepool for X and Y! Also, no one has any idea what GF constitutes as being a Fairy Type until we see all of the new ones and the old Pokemon that have been changed. What does Xerneas, Swirlix, Gardevior and Marill have in common aside from being Fairy types??? It's very possible that Snubbull and Granbull can be Fairies!

Are snubull and granbull worthy, relevant, important enough as to be the first pokemon to have their movepool completely overhauled in accordance with a type change?
Swirlix is cotton candy, cotton candy is called fairy floss in some parts of the world.
Xerneas is the mascot of the games that introduced the type, and he seems to be some kind of gentle, powerful, mystical, magic creature. That's fairy enough for almost everyone out there.
Gardevoir is inspired in kind spirits, elves, guardian angels, etc, Is that fairy enough for you?
Marill, I haven't a clue, someone said something about moon rabbits sometime, but overall, for now it doesn't make sense.
So it's not what those pokemon are related besides their type, but how the type is related to the pokemon. That's the source.

P.DelSlayer said:
jstar21 said:
You act as if Game Freak couldn't simply change their movepool for X and Y! Also, no one has any idea what GF constitutes as being a Fairy Type until we see all of the new ones and the old Pokemon that have been changed. What does Xerneas, Swirlix, Gardevior and Marill have in common aside from being Fairy types??? It's very possible that Snubbull and Granbull can be Fairies!

I think the thing I find funniest is that we only have like, 5 new Fairy moves (1 of which is Xerneas exclusive). We can always get a 'Pixie Bite' or something xD
The movepool argument just does not have any thing to argue with.
And if we were going by revealed Fairies, 3 out of the 4 revealed have different types that take priority over other types. And Jigglypuff and Granbull have a few moves in common (even tho Granbull naturally learns more moves of other types).

I find it kinda funny when people say 'Nope, *something* can't be *something else*, it just can't happen, there's xxx and yyy and zzz that all point away from it' without actually giving it some thought. I was particularly amused by a couple of posts like these whilst Fairy was just a rumor.

The movepool argument has grounds, their only move that has a chance to being fairy is charm, the rest are violent normal type moves and the bites, dark and elemental.
I did gave a lot of thought to xxx, yyy and zzz, that's why I argumented xxx, yyy and zzz. What's the thought in favor of a fairy type snubull line, then? I'm at least giving evidence to be reviewed, all you brought to the table (and not just you, of course, every reason ever given about it) was, and I quote you, in this case:
"-Snubbul/Granbull. Whilst not obviously fairies at first glance, they could be used to showcase how Fairies aren't all cutesy."
Design, inspiration, behavior, those are relevant bits of information to make a distinction, and there is not a single bit of those in that line that points to fairy.
design? color pink . OH MY GOD FAIRYS ARE PINK!
inspiration, concept? bulldogs, ugly pets for rich ladies who think they are cute. GOODNESS GRACIOUS, BULLDOGS AND FAIRIES ARE CUTE!
behavior? the pokedex says it's shy, but will attack with its fangs when angry. JUST LIKE A FAIRY, GUYS! no, wait, dogs are shy and bite when angry, right? not fairies.
un-stereotyping of the fairy type? first: why does the fairy type need to not be stereotyped? almost all dragons are terrible, destructive badasses, and no one complains about it. All bugs are, well, bugs, and no one complains about it. The non-stereotyping was only an argument used by many (me included) to ease people to the fairy type, make them see that it wsan't the end of the world, or of pokemon, it doesn't imply a necessity. Second: Even if it was a necessity, there are better creatures, better concepts, to drive home the point of a non-cute fairy, as I said, mawile it's a goddamn steel hard venus flytrap with a face, capable of eating whole a good part of the pokedex, but then it grows another mouth, bristling with teeth. Does that seem cute to you? and we still don't know what other fairies are in reserve. Spritzee seems to be based in a plague doctor, dark concept if there is one, and mismagius, who is a possible candidate is not exactly cute.

AdamLambert said:
P.DelSlayer said:
I think the thing I find funniest is that we only have like, 5 new Fairy moves (1 of which is Xerneas exclusive). We can always get a 'Pixie Bite' or something xD
The movepool argument just does not have any thing to argue with.
And if we were going by revealed Fairies, 3 out of the 4 revealed have different types that take priority over other types. And Jigglypuff and Granbull have a few moves in common (even tho Granbull naturally learns more moves of other types).

I find it kinda funny when people say 'Nope, *something* can't be *something else*, it just can't happen, there's xxx and yyy and zzz that all point away from it' without actually giving it some thought. I was particularly amused by a couple of posts like these whilst Fairy was just a rumor.

Exactly. Like honestly, species name could arguably be more related to type than movepool. Take Gligar for instance: Learns 1 Ground-type move by level up (Sand-Attack) and 1 Flying-type move (Acrobatics). Learns 3 Bug-type moves by level up. Does that mean it should be a Bug type? Of course not.

I'd love to see Snubbull and Granbull gain Fairy-type. It'd make them stand out.

Gligar and gliscor are the flyscorpion pokemon. What do they have to do with the ground type? does it make sense to you guys? because the argument you are using to support a fairy type granbull (that is the "fairy" pokemon)is the same argument anyone could use to support a bug/flying gligar (the "flyscorpion" pokemon) or poison/flying, even, or dark flying? drapion is a scorpion too, and it loses bug for dark. But, according to you:
"Does that mean it should be a Bug type? Of course not.".

Aaaaaaand now I cry. WAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

RE: What current Pokémon would you like to see changed into Fairy-type? What moves?

FairyMann said:
(first post :D been floating around all the pokemon forums and decided to make an account here)

*Warning, Wall of text*

Anyway, these are the pokemon i think are likely to have fairy type added or in replacement with other type. I will state how likely they are to gain fairy in my opinion via a scale. (1 being no chance, 10 being a sure chance)

1) Clefairy - really needs no explanation, it's relation to metronome (a "magicky" move), fairy in it's name, it's "clone" jigglypuff being fairy. Near assured chance to gain fairy 9/10.

2) Misdreavus/Mismagius (Ghost/Fairy) - To understand this one you gotta look into it's origins a little bit and when you do, you will realize they are very likely to gain fairy.
First, they are based loosely on banshees, a fairy in Irish forklore known for ungodly wailing (something the Misdreavus line is known for). Mismagius is also said to be able to imbue happiness with it's chants.
Second they are based on Nukekubi, which is from the same class of Yokai as the Futakuchi-onna (Mawile's inspiration). Mawile is confirmed as a fairy already and since the Misdreavus line is based on practically the same thing makes them quite likely to gain fairy.
Finally, since fairy type is related to magic (Geomancy and dragon immunity) and Mismagius is also based on a witch is another, although a loose, reason for the line to gain fairy. Very likely 8/10.

3) Togepi line (Togepi - Normal/Fairy, Togetic and Togekiss - Flying/Fairy) - Their designs scream fairy, they imbue happiness and their abilities and move pools hint at them being fairy, however one thing that hold them back is they are already dual types and considering GF have NEVER replaced types, outside form changes, makes it less likely to gain fairy 6/10.

4) Celebi (Fairy/Grass)- Almost exactly the situation same as Togepi line, but it's also a legendary so a type change may be less likely. 5/10.

5) The lake Trio (Psychic/Fairy) - Same situation as Celebi, 5/10.

6)Arceus, via a new fairy plate (Fairy) - Not exactly a retype, but it is an old pokemon that will gain a new type. 10/10.

Lastly, here are some other fairy candidates i don't really have a good reason for, but i think could gain fairy:

- Milotic
- Liligant
- Cherrim
- Snubbull (I know it's called the "fairy Pokemon", but other than that, it has no real reason to gain fairy, it's just a pink bulldog...)

So with the new rumors, i have a slight change in some of my ratings for the pokemon who may gain fairy.
The Togepi line and Clefairy line are said to be confirmed by the rumor and the fact that the Togepi line will need to have a type replaced also makes me increase the chance of the lake trio (Now 7/10) and Celebi (Now 6/10) gaining fairy.

I would like Snubbull/Granbull to be fairy type, Plusle/Minun, Togepi's line and Cleffa's line and Happiny's line. I might be asking for too much, but i'd like Celebi to be Fairy/Grass and possibly Jirachi be Fairy/Steel. Sweet Kiss and Tickle could be re-classed as fairy too.

FairyMann said:
FairyMann said:
(first post :D been floating around all the pokemon forums and decided to make an account here)

*Warning, Wall of text*

Anyway, these are the pokemon i think are likely to have fairy type added or in replacement with other type. I will state how likely they are to gain fairy in my opinion via a scale. (1 being no chance, 10 being a sure chance)

1) Clefairy - really needs no explanation, it's relation to metronome (a "magicky" move), fairy in it's name, it's "clone" jigglypuff being fairy. Near assured chance to gain fairy 9/10.

2) Misdreavus/Mismagius (Ghost/Fairy) - To understand this one you gotta look into it's origins a little bit and when you do, you will realize they are very likely to gain fairy.
First, they are based loosely on banshees, a fairy in Irish forklore known for ungodly wailing (something the Misdreavus line is known for). Mismagius is also said to be able to imbue happiness with it's chants.
Second they are based on Nukekubi, which is from the same class of Yokai as the Futakuchi-onna (Mawile's inspiration). Mawile is confirmed as a fairy already and since the Misdreavus line is based on practically the same thing makes them quite likely to gain fairy.
Finally, since fairy type is related to magic (Geomancy and dragon immunity) and Mismagius is also based on a witch is another, although a loose, reason for the line to gain fairy. Very likely 8/10.

3) Togepi line (Togepi - Normal/Fairy, Togetic and Togekiss - Flying/Fairy) - Their designs scream fairy, they imbue happiness and their abilities and move pools hint at them being fairy, however one thing that hold them back is they are already dual types and considering GF have NEVER replaced types, outside form changes, makes it less likely to gain fairy 6/10.

4) Celebi (Fairy/Grass)- Almost exactly the situation same as Togepi line, but it's also a legendary so a type change may be less likely. 5/10.

5) The lake Trio (Psychic/Fairy) - Same situation as Celebi, 5/10.

6)Arceus, via a new fairy plate (Fairy) - Not exactly a retype, but it is an old pokemon that will gain a new type. 10/10.

Lastly, here are some other fairy candidates i don't really have a good reason for, but i think could gain fairy:

- Milotic
- Liligant
- Cherrim
- Snubbull (I know it's called the "fairy Pokemon", but other than that, it has no real reason to gain fairy, it's just a pink bulldog...)

So with the new rumors, i have a slight change in some of my ratings for the pokemon who may gain fairy.
The Togepi line and Clefairy line are said to be confirmed by the rumor and the fact that the Togepi line will need to have a type replaced also makes me increase the chance of the lake trio (Now 7/10) and Celebi (Now 6/10) gaining fairy.

Imo celebi won't change because it's second type isn't normal type. Everything else I can see happening.

Celebi will not change I agree. However ,they can solve the problem of the fact he looks like a great Pokemon to be a fairy, by making for him a Mega evolution ,this or the next gen ,with Fairy type.
(That will be a good solution also and even better for Snubble since they can make its Mega form to look more fairy like)

All Ice types that aren't already Duel-typed.

But for serious, everything in the Fairy Egg group.

I want Milotic to be a Water/Fairy.

Considering the current trend, Fairy-type usually associated with folklore, be it elves, pixies, guardians, etc. And Milotic can be associated with Siren, which probably can go into the Fairy group.

Seriously, i want Milotic as Fairy, just to gain immunity against Dragons, lol.:p

Though it was pretty mixed here, it seems that Dunspace will be staying Normal. Hopefully they'll post more clarifications soon.

Dunsparce didn't get Fairy-typing. Darn. I was hoping for that little critter to gain some love.

Togepi, Chansey and Clefairy lines should get Fairy. Especially CleFAIRY.

Milotic would make sense, in a way, to be Water/Fairy, because it is majestic and is based around the concept of beauty. However, it could just as easily be argued that it shouldn't be Fairy-type, because it has none of the 'typical' fairy.

If they change any of the Pokemon in the 'Cute Little Legendaries' category to Fairy-type (Jirachi, Celebi, Mesprit, Manaphy, etc.) then they will have to change all of them. That being said, I do think Fairy is much more appropriate than Psychic for a lot of these Pokemon, and I would appreciate the change. For those with only one type, such as Manaphy, slapping a Fairy-typing on there would be simple.

Castform becoming Fairy/Normal (And subsequently Fairy/???, depending on weather) would make a bit of sense to me.

Seeing a Grass/Fairy type in Petilil/Lilligant would be interesting. Although they would get wrecked by Poison-types, they have access to Quiver Dance, and can come in on a Dragon attack, set up, and go to town.

If Cleffa/Clefairy/Clefable don't become Fairy-type, I quit life.

I think it might have been rumored somewhere, but Plusle/Minun being Fairy-type would be fine with me. They're pretty similar to Dedenne anyway.

Metronome should be changed to Fairy-type, in my opinion, because it has a very 'bippity boppity boo' nature to it.
Also, Wish should be changed to Fairy-type. I know support moves' typing really aren't a big deal, but still this change seems natural and fitting.

Rune Yagami said:
I think it might have been rumored somewhere, but Plusle/Minun being Fairy-type would be fine with me. They're pretty similar to Dedenne anyway.

Both confirmed to remain pure-Electric. The guy on justin.tv who was streaming himself playing caught one. I'll try to dig up a screenshot...be careful if you search, though, as someone 'shopped a picture of a Fairy-type added to the 'dex registration screen.

Reshiram could have been a nice Fairy if it waited till this gen or Fairy came out last gen. This way, it could be based of Fairy instead of Fire (Changing its Dragon to Fairy upsets balance with Zekrom to much). Palkia would make for a good Fairy, too since it barely has anything to do with water. Delphox should have been Fairy, since Fairy fits the "magic" theme more than Psychic does, and it would give players who choose it a chance to experiment with Fairy type (Especially anyone with Y).

CMP said:
Rune Yagami said:

Both confirmed to remain pure-Electric. The guy on justin.tv who was streaming himself playing caught one. I'll try to dig up a screenshot...be careful if you search, though, as someone 'shopped a picture of a Fairy-type added to the 'dex registration screen.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Another thing I would like to see is Togepi/Togetic/Togekiss becoming Fairy-Type instead of Normal. That way we could see Fairy/Flying, which seem to be perfect for each other conceptually.

I think the leaker said something about Mr. Mime is now Psychic/Fairy and that Snubull/Granbull become part Fairy (he used poison and it's super effective) right?

Everything I've read is that Snubbull/Granbull are retyped to pure Fairy...which (if true), could bode well for both the Clefairy lines and Togepi lines (pure Fairy ---> Fairy/Flying). I'm assuming that Jigglypuff kept Normal due to its affinity with sound.

CMP said:
Everything I've read is that Snubbull/Granbull are retyped to pure Fairy...which (if true), could bode well for both the Clefairy lines and Togepi lines (pure Fairy ---> Fairy/Flying). I'm assuming that Jigglypuff kept Normal due to its affinity with sound.

I do too.
They could have gone the Helioptile/Litleo path and made it Fairy/Normal, but they didn't. And they probably didn't intend it to be more than just secondary Fairy. Unlike Magnemite, which I am convinced would have been Steel/Electric if it was introduced now, not the other way around o:

We still haven't seen Milotic (well it's usually so hard to find a feebas without a walkthrough, doubt the leaker can do it, and know how to evolve it), so i'm still hoping for a Water/Fairy Milotic. :)

And also Togekiss line, it's not yet seen in the leaks right?

Back