XY What Cool New Pokémon / Evolution Do You Want to See in the 6th Generation?

RE: What cool new Pokemon/evolution do you want to see in the 6th generation?

_typhlosion_ said:
They should make a Legendary Eevee form :eek:
How about no... What would be so legendary about something you could breed a ton of?

mightyena needs an evolution. It could be like a werewolf. Fighting/Dark
Tauros could evolve into minotauros - a Minotaur Fighting/Normal
Rapidash could evolve into a fire flying type. It would be similar to pegasus.
a male bisharp could evolve into Kingord (King + sword). It would have the same type but a higher Atk and Sp. Atk.
a female bisharp could evolve into Queanth (Queen + sheath). It would have the same type but a higher Def and Sp. Def.

Thief said:
Found these and wanted to leave them here for you guys to check out. I had never seen them until I stumbled upon them both on tumblr.
I think it's pretty obvious what they are both supposed to be, so I'm assuming I don't have to tell you what they are.

Even if that Farfetch'd is fake, it would be so good for him to finally get an evo. I mean Farfetch'd is just one of the most useless pokemon ever. Though knowing Gamefreak they might just give him a preevo just to laugh at how useless he still is.

We need more fossil pokemon, the obvious one would be a Velociraptor kind, but you could easily do a mosasaurs, or maybe go even farther back and do some kind of armored fish, that'd be sweet.

Banette evolution!

DorianBlack said:
Heh, I saw that Farfetch'd evo about a week ago. I was wondering when it was gonna make its way over here. It's pretty obviously fake, though - aside from the sloppy artwork, its type is listed as Flying/Fighting, and it only lists one ability (Farfetch'd has two), which is Huge Power, something only the Marill family has.

The Gogoat prevo is cute, though. :) I'm still not convinced that's what's in that screenshot, but I like this interpretation.

Lol. I know it's fake, I just thought it was a cool looking evo, because I wouldn't mind it. Although my biggest concern is Jynx and Mr. Mime. Just those two really. I would really like for Jynx to get a beautimus evolution and Mr. Mime to get the popular fanmade evo Master Mime. It would be nice.

DorianBlack said:
Heh, I saw that Farfetch'd evo about a week ago. I was wondering when it was gonna make its way over here. It's pretty obviously fake, though - aside from the sloppy artwork, its type is listed as Flying/Fighting, and it only lists one ability (Farfetch'd has two), which is Huge Power, something only the Marill family has.
Well, several pokemon "lose" an ability when they evolve. Trapinch is a prime example. It has Fury Cutter and Arena trap, but only has Levitate as Flygon/Vibrava (ignoring DW abilities, though it loses Sheer Force for Levitate too upon evolution). Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending the pic as legit. I'm just pointing out a flaw in your logic. Who's to say Huge Power won't appear on another mon in the new gen?

Thief said:
tumblr_mmtpt0PlFa1qcqqx4o1_400_zpse9095555.jpg

This is super cute <3 I really hope they were prevos in the screenshot.

Featherwick said:
We need more fossil pokemon, the obvious one would be a Velociraptor kind, but you could easily do a mosasaurs, or maybe go even farther back and do some kind of armored fish, that'd be sweet.

i made a fakemon of what i think should be added
a non-water-type Dimetrodon to Spinosaurus fossil
it can't be ground or fire, since that would only fit dimetrodon, and it can't be water, as that fits spino. it's in chronological order too! basically, the idea i used was o turn the spine into a generator-like turbine

frezgle said:
DrEspeon said:
What is sableye's inspiration anyway?

The Hopkinsville Goblin, a cryptid that's kinda popular for some reason in Japan, despite its origins in Kentucky:
3.jpg

Come to think of it, my Flatwoods Monster idea would also work as a Sableye evolution. One creepy bug-eyed cryptid to another.

I once came up with branching Sableye evolutions into a Flatwoods Monster or Mothman, one of the only times I ever tried drawing fakemon:

sableye-evos2.png

I would give anything for a Flatwoods or Mothman pokemon in any context, though.

I certainly hope that if Sableye evolves, it's not into some boring dragon-like thing like most fan evolutions...

Considering its youkai origin, it would be fully appropriate for Mawile to evolve into a more adult-looking, feminine humanoid.

I'd like to see the following animals to be turned into Pokémon in the 6th gen:

Prehistoric/Extinct (Non-fossils) :

- Estemmenosuchus (A large herbivorous/omnivorous reptile from the Permian, known to sport a "crown" of boney protutions on it's head)
As a Pokémon, it would have 1 evolution, starting as a small bulky lizard with a few bumps on the head, as if it bumped it's head (Ground) and later evolving into a hippo-like behemoth with a crown-like headgear (Ground/Dragon)

- Gorgonopsid (A large dog-like sabertoothed carnivorous reptile from the late Permian period)
As a Pokémon, it has 2 evolutions. Starting as a Gorgonopsid cub which looks quite cute (Dark), which then evolves into a adolocent Gorgonopsid (Not quite a cub anymore but not quite an adult either) now sporting 2 heads (Dark) which in it's turn evolves into a 3 headed adult, looking like a cross between a Gorgonopsid and the mythical hell hound Cerberus (Dark/Ground)

- Diplocaulus (A strange amphibean from the Early Permian with a weird, boomerang-shaped head)
As a Pokémon, It would not evolve and uses it's head to "fly" like a boomerang when in danger or to attack (Water/Flying)

- Opabinia(A strange small predatory aquatic arthropod from the Cambrian with a mouth at the end of it's proboscis)
As a Pokémon, it starts out as a chibified version of it's actual based species (Bug/Water) which later evolves into an arthropod-like elephant with it's mouth at the end of it's trunk (Bug/Water)

- Dunkleosteus (A large armored predatory fish from the Devonian)
As a Pokémon, it starts out as an heavily armored version of Magikarp (Water/Steel), evolving into a massive monster with a knight-like helmet (Water/Steel)

- Parasaurolophus (Tube crested duck-billed Dinosaur from the late Cretaceous)
As a Pokémon, It starts out as a bipedal chibified version of Parasaurolophus (Water), evolving into a more mature version of it, still bipedal and a trompet shaped crest (Water/Psychic)

- Gastornis/Phorusrhacos (Giant flightless birds of prey from the Tertiary)
As a Pokémon, a three stage evolution chain, starting out as a terrorbird hatchling (Flying/Normal), evolving into a Gastornis like bird (Flying/Fighting), evolving into a Phorusrhacid (Flying/Fighting)

- Thylacine (Tasmanian Tiger or Tasmanian Marsupial Wolf)
As a Pokémon, starting out as a stripey cub (Electric) evolving into mature Thylacine with the build of a cheetah with lightning shaped stripes (Electric)

- Dodo
As a Pokémon, a two stage evolution, starting out as a hatchling (Flying/Ground) evolving into a chubby adult (Flying/Ground)

Current living animals:

- Gila monster/Komodo Dragon
As a Pokémon, having a three stage evolution line, starting out as a small purple/pink lizard (Poison), first evolving into a adolocent Komodo Dragon (Poison/Dragon) followed by an adult Komodo Dragon (Poison/Dragon) with Gila Monster colors.

- Shoebill
As a Pokémon, a two stage evolution, starting out as a heron-like bird (Normal/Flying), evolving into a marine blue Shoebill (Flying/Water)

I'd like to hear what you think of these ideas

Garfieltwo said:
I'd like to see the following animals to be turned into Pokémon in the 6th gen:

Prehistoric/Extinct (Non-fossils) :

- Estemmenosuchus (A large herbivorous/omnivorous reptile from the Permian, known to sport a "crown" of boney protutions on it's head)
As a Pokémon, it would have 1 evolution, starting as a small bulky lizard with a few bumps on the head, as if it bumped it's head (Ground) and later evolving into a hippo-like behemoth with a crown-like headgear (Ground/Dragon)

- Gorgonopsid (A large dog-like sabertoothed carnivorous reptile from the late Permian period)
As a Pokémon, it has 2 evolutions. Starting as a Gorgonopsid cub which looks quite cute (Dark), which then evolves into a adolocent Gorgonopsid (Not quite a cub anymore but not quite an adult either) now sporting 2 heads (Dark) which in it's turn evolves into a 3 headed adult, looking like a cross between a Gorgonopsid and the mythical hell hound Cerberus (Dark/Ground)

- Diplocaulus (A strange amphibean from the Early Permian with a weird, boomerang-shaped head)
As a Pokémon, It would not evolve and uses it's head to "fly" like a boomerang when in danger or to attack (Water/Flying)

- Opabinia(A strange small predatory aquatic arthropod from the Cambrian with a mouth at the end of it's proboscis)
As a Pokémon, it starts out as a chibified version of it's actual based species (Bug/Water) which later evolves into an arthropod-like elephant with it's mouth at the end of it's trunk (Bug/Water)

- Dunkleosteus (A large armored predatory fish from the Devonian)
As a Pokémon, it starts out as an heavily armored version of Magikarp (Water/Steel), evolving into a massive monster with a knight-like helmet (Water/Steel)

- Parasaurolophus (Tube crested duck-billed Dinosaur from the late Cretaceous)
As a Pokémon, It starts out as a bipedal chibified version of Parasaurolophus (Water), evolving into a more mature version of it, still bipedal and a trompet shaped crest (Water/Psychic)

- Gastornis/Phorusrhacos (Giant flightless birds of prey from the Tertiary)
As a Pokémon, a three stage evolution chain, starting out as a terrorbird hatchling (Flying/Normal), evolving into a Gastornis like bird (Flying/Fighting), evolving into a Phorusrhacid (Flying/Fighting)

- Thylacine (Tasmanian Tiger or Tasmanian Marsupial Wolf)
As a Pokémon, starting out as a stripey cub (Electric) evolving into mature Thylacine with the build of a cheetah with lightning shaped stripes (Electric)

- Dodo
As a Pokémon, a two stage evolution, starting out as a hatchling (Flying/Ground) evolving into a chubby adult (Flying/Ground)

Current living animals:

- Gila monster/Komodo Dragon
As a Pokémon, having a three stage evolution line, starting out as a small purple/pink lizard (Poison), first evolving into a adolocent Komodo Dragon (Poison/Dragon) followed by an adult Komodo Dragon (Poison/Dragon) with Gila Monster colors.

- Shoebill
As a Pokémon, a two stage evolution, starting out as a heron-like bird (Normal/Flying), evolving into a marine blue Shoebill (Flying/Water)

I'd like to hear what you think of these ideas

Wow all of those sound awesome. With the Thylacine it could be said that this already exists in the Manectric line so maybe instead of electric type they could be grass or ground type

FloodBadge said:
Spinosaurus

yes, yes, yes, pleaaaase, Arceus, have little helioptile evolve into a dilophosaurus (the good one, not the jurassic park knockoff) and/or a spinosaurus, I don't even care if they are still electric/normal, but they should not look too aggressive like krookodile (inspired in a baryonyx).
They could have solar power as an ability, solarbeam as the last attack, morning sun, sunny day, of course, thunder fang, fire fang, etc.
It could be something like:

helioptile -> dilophosaurus -> spinosaurus
(the solar thingies go from the ears to the top of the head to the back)

hell, I'd even take:

helioptile -> dimetrodon -> spinosaurus
(the solar thingies go from the ears to the back in four legs and then in two legs)

Do it, and I'll love helioptile as much as I love mareep.
pleaaaase

professorlight said:
FloodBadge said:
Spinosaurus

yes, yes, yes, pleaaaase, Arceus, have little helioptile evolve into a dilophosaurus (the good one, not the jurassic park knockoff) and/or a spinosaurus, I don't even care if they are still electric/normal, but they should not look too aggressive like krookodile (inspired in a baryonyx).
They could have solar power as an ability, solarbeam as the last attack, morning sun, sunny day, of course, thunder fang, fire fang, etc.

hell, I'd even take:

(the solar thingies go from the ears to the back in four legs and then in two legs)

pleaaaase

so, a frilled lizard into a giant bipedal croc?
that's like a kitten into a monkey. both are mammals (or, in this case, reptiles), but completely different

FloodBadge said:
professorlight said:

hell, I'd even take:

pleaaaase

that's like a kitten into a monkey. both are mammals (or, in this case, reptiles), but completely different

Remoraid -> Octillery.

Either way, though; frilled lizards are unique, interesting animals and favorites of many people. It'd be a shame if it evolved into something so different.

Like, I enjoy Slaking, sure, but it looks nothing like a sloth. I wish we had a full sloth line that remained slothy.

FloodBadge said:

I don't think it's that drastic of a change, after all, it has happened before:

charmander (salamander) -> charizard (dragon)
sandile (crocodile/alligator) -> krookodile (baryonyx)
kabuto (trilobite) -> kabutops (trilobite head, badass killer body)
mareep (sheep) -> ampharos (some sort of dragon? definitely not sheep)
as stated above, remoraid (remora) -> octillery (octopus)
misdreavus (banshee) -> mismagius (witch)
torchic (chicken) -> blaziken (badass bird/person)
carvanha (piranha) -> sharpedo (shark)
the obvious magikarp/feebas (useless fish) -> gyarados/milotic (dragon/venus de milo?)
oshawott (bipedal otter) -> samurott (4 legged samurai sea lion)
snivy (bipedal snake) -> serperior (anaconda without legs)
karrablast (hercules beetle?) -> escavalier (I've given up on figuring this one out a long time ago)

Many of this evolutions do make sense, in a way other than the original form of the pokemon, but some times evolved pokemon are not just a bigger version of themselves, and have different inspirations shape-wise, but, even in what I said, the underlying theme of sun-as-energy is always there, helioptile (according to pokemon) and the dilophosaurus and the dimetrodon and the spinosaurus have skin sails to better absorb sunlight, even when the real frilled lizard neck is actually a form of intimidation.

professorlight said:
karrablast (hercules beetle?) -> escavalier (I've given up on figuring this one out a long time ago)

Its a sheep, trust me. Mareep is a sheep with no wool sheared. Flaffy has part of its wool sheared. Ampharos has all of its wool sheared. I don't know why it turned into a bipedal Pokemon, but at least I think that's what it is. If not, your guess is as good as mine.

To be more on topic, I have a wish, and that wish is for more crustaceans in the Pokemon universe. I can only think of 4 evolution lines of crustaceans and they are, the Corphish, Dwebble, Krabby, and Paras lines. I think a Japanese Spider Crab could be a good candidate for a new crustacean line.

S'more spiders would be great, too. Jumping spiders, Wolf spiders. Lots of possibilities for more arachnids! There's only two evolution lines of spiders. What the hell?

As for the Karrablast line? I think its based off of a Japanese Snail-eating Beetle. I guess GF justdecided to slap some armor on it.

professorlight said:
Ampharos is a sheep, actually. Ampharos resembles a sheared sheep that its evolution line leads up to as they lose wool with each evolution. It also shares traits with a lighthouse, such as its height, stripes and the beacon on the top; the two also share a name. It, as well as its pre-evolutions, are also slightly based on the title of the science fiction novel "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?".

.Towelette said:
professorlight said:

S'more spiders would be great, too. Jumping spiders, Wolf spiders. Lots of possibilities for more arachnids! There's only two evolution lines of spiders. What the hell?

THIS SO MUCH. I personally love spiders, and there is lots of potential for Spider-based Pokemon.
Maybe we could get Bug/Fire and Bug/Ice spiders to form a psuedo-trio with Galvantula, with them all sharing the Bug typing and having Fire/Ice/Electric secondary typings.
The Ice spider could be based on a funnel web spider, with high speed and high attack (even tho if it had Compoundeyes it would mean Compoundeyes Blizzard).
The Fire spider could be based on a black widow spider (with the red spot on its back stylised into a flame). I'd imagine it would have high speed, with balanced attack stats.

More spider possibilities:
-Bug/Poison jumping spider. Unoriginal typing I know, but I can see its dex entries: "This Pokemon waits until it sees prey sitting near to it. It jumps onto the prey, and injects venom into the target.
-Bug/Psychic spider, it would have some kind of highly intellegent method of catching prey and is always adapting.
-Bug/Water diving bell spider
-Some kind of spider line where the female form is much bigger than the male, mirroring that in real life female spiders are generally larger than the males.
-Bug/Ground desert dwelling spider or a trapdoor spider.
-Bug/Grass crab spider (or whatever it is) that changes its color depending what plant its on. It could have a gimmick ala Burmy, in that if you take it to different areas it will change its color and some minor physical details will change as well.
-This is my personal favourite. It would be a 3 stage psuedo legendary line. The first stage would be a plain Bug type spider with badass markings. The second stage would be a Bug/Dark bigger but have new physical features (thing Dratini-Dragonair). But the third would be a Bug/Dark huge spider, which looks pure evil. (think things like Shelob and Aragog from Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter respectively). I can see where you'd encounter them. (actually, theres 2 places I can think of).
- In a huge cave where you encounter the 1st and second stages in the wild. However occasionally you'd get a glimpse of something much bigger lurking in the shadows. Eventually the final stage would come out to battle you.
- At the end of a huge forest maze you find yourself in a large hollow. A load of the 1st two evolution stages flee from a huge spider which proceeds to battle you.
I imagine this line would have high speed with strong mixed attacking stats.

okay, take mareep/ampharos off the list; but that makes my case stronger: even when ampharos maintains the sheep inspiration, it's too modified to be easily recognized as such, and my point stands: some evolution lines undergo radical physical changes, maintaining certain key features constant.

And no more spiders, please, I love ariados (who doesn't actually look that much as a spider), but galvantula is freaking terrifying.

Back