What Can Be Done to Improve PokeBeach Forums?

Maybe a poll could have been added to this thread or whatever asking if anyone wanted these forums. Not everyone is going to be happy with this.

Glace said:
It is a stupid idea, and you probably should have at least talked it over before creating it.

I'm pretty sure he did.

PMJ said:
I have an idea about that may appease everyone but I'm gonna run it by the other mods first.

The Happy area was not run through the mods unless he ran it through them ALL in 6 hours, because I quit the day before.

And from my understanding, it was not run through the smods either.

Seriously? Ok then. I was mistake.

How did you guys let it go through ;_;.

It makes the forum look awful, takes away from the other forums, and honestly has no point whatsoever. 4/5s of posters are trolls.

Glace said:
It makes the forum look awful, takes away from the other forums, and honestly has no point whatsoever. 4/5s of posters are trolls.

That sounds like business as usual to me. Honestly I feel like a lot of the TCG discussions that happen sound just like this. It's the posters' fault, not the forum's.
I'm not sure why you're making The Happy Area into a bigger problem than it is.

I'm a bit surprised that it went through as well, although I would not say it is necessarily /bad/ for the forums. It is a bit sloppy in some areas, but perhaps hiding it from people who are not logged in could be an option.

I would just see how it goes for the next couple of weeks, and if it gets too out of hand, appropriate measures can be taken.

Or the mods can go with the smart option and bring back my beloved chillax zone, which limits the favoritism and less-than-valuable discussion to a single thread rather than entire subforum.

Glace said:

Not adding to post count swayed me.

It's like the game corner, except you pointlessly blab about other stuff.

ANYTHING in this forum could go in a bio.

Glace said:
It's like the game corner, except you pointlessly blab about other stuff.

ANYTHING in this forum could go in a bio.

Except that then people would not be looking for it. If you look at a thread that says "Post your favorite Pokemon" or "What's your favorite band?" then you can find a bunch of people who point out their favorite Pokemon or band. Most people don't post things like that in bios, but without this thread, if I wanna see the opinions on music on PB, I'd have to randomly click around a bunch of profiles and see if they posted their favorite band.

Obviously, that doesn't work.

I don't see why you are so opposed to this forum, it takes shallow threads out of the rest of the forum and gives people a place to post if they don't want to say anything in particular but feel like being a part of the community.

"Pointless" is relative.

Mr. Satan said:
A better question is what can be done to improve the chatroom?
It always comes down to more advertising. We still need more members.

Just wanna say that I apologize for the Wailord trolling. I've got to admit that it was pretty hilarious, but nevertheless it went against rules set by the staff (and by extension, my friends). It's a bad example of me to set, especially in a forum which is quite impressionable due to how new it is. Let's actually try and make this forum fun and worthwhile. Don't hate on the Happy Area, the current incarnation is just a clumsy step towards what will eventually become a worthwhile forum (I hope!).

bacon said:
Just wanna say that I apologize for the Wailord trolling. I've got to admit that it was pretty hilarious, but nevertheless it went against rules set by the staff (and by extension, my friends). It's a bad example of me to set, especially in a forum which is quite impressionable due to how new it is. Let's actually try and make this forum fun and worthwhile. Don't hate on the Happy Area, the current incarnation is just a clumsy step towards what will eventually become a worthwhile forum (I hope!).
And you have your avatar as a Furret to tack onto that. Not to say your apology was insincere, but I just found it to be amusing.

I have to say, I'm a pretty big skeptic, but The Happy Area hasn't crashed into the ground so quickly, so there is hope.

The Happy Area shall become a Happy World of Sincere Joy.

I kinda like it. Kinda. Let it be.

bacon said:

IT GROW POEM

Wow, this is...the first time I've ever seen bacon say something like this.

I'll revive this thread, okay?

I have a idea. You guys could create a new 'discussion' forum (but unlike the Happy Area), where people could put in their <insert ________ Discussion thread here>. It might help reduce clutter in the Entertainment & Games forums.

Hopefully the post won't break any rules or start a flame war or anything, but I want to see how this idea appeals to the super moderators.

Yes, I know, but what if there was another 'discussion' forum for ____ Discussion threads? (Such as, the SSB discussion thread.)

It might prove effective. If not, then oh well, at least I tried.

Back