Finished Werewolf XXX: Future in Stasis - GAME OVER! Town Wins! Now w/ Postgame analysis!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I'm playing differently than I did last game. I understand that a different playstyle screams scum. I can't see any reason for what I said to be in the interests of another player coaching me, and anyone who did would surely make me post in the same style as last game, don't you think?
This is the situation I was in for the last game. (except I was scum.) So I dunno, this could be a lie or could be complete truth. I was accused of a changing playstyles after my first and second games, but I was just developing it.
Also, I'm completely confused about where this TGK lynch is going and I still haven't voted Celever because that was a pathetic ten-page argument.
So I'll keep hanging.
Then this post comes:
...would know I backpedal a lot.

Backpedaling again, I know, but it's what I do.
Wait, you're pushing the backpedaling point to get some town cred. I tried pushing points of 'innocence' for most of my scum games, but it's not very townie.
You're getting too defensive and what I would call 'bandwagony'; and you make backpedaling your excuse? Scummy, tgk.

##BACKPEDALISE: thegrovylekid

Quote this please. A few people have said that I did and I can say with 100% confidence that I haven't.
The game where you were the mayor or something. That was your only defense. I'm not going to quote it because it takes time and doesn't directly influence this game.

/me sighs
5HMQEod.png
Chansey
Alignment: Town

You are Chansey, a Treasure Town shopkeeper. Kind and with a musical lilt to your voice, you bring a warm, happy atmosphere to the town. Your business is to babysit Eggs until they hatch into Pokemon who join the team of your Explorer clients. With your caring nature, you won’t just limit yourself to sheltering baby Pokemon in this crisis.

Special Ability: Chansey Day Care
Usage: Night Phase; Every odd-numbered Night (Night 1, Night 3 etc.)
You may PM me the name of a player. You will place that player under your care so that they won’t be targeted or affected by any other Ability or Item effect for this Night Phase. However, while inside your house with you, they can’t affect or influence others in turn so that player also cannot and will fail to use their Special Ability or Items they might have. But their Passive Ability will still be in effect. You cannot choose the same player in successive Nights.

Passive Ability: Serene Grace
This ability of yours is all about increased luck to good things! If you land on the same Dungeon Tile as another player/s, the Tile’s chance rules will be altered depending on that player’s alignment (you will not be informed of that player’s alignment). If there is more than one player, it will be chosen at random.
If the other player is Town aligned:
1) If it’s an Item Tile, the chance that you will obtain the Item remains at 50%.
2) If it’s a Trap Tile, there will be a 25% chance that it will NOT affect any player.
If the other player is non-Town aligned:
1) If it’s an Item Tile, the chance that you will obtain the Item is increased to 75% and the other player drops to 25%.
2) If it’s a Trap Tile, the chance that you will be the one to be affected is decreased to 25% and the other player’s chance increases to 75%.

Win Condition: Eliminate all non-Town aligned players

Just a minor detail, but possible game-changing... My role had underlines on the role name, and the names of each ability, as well as the bold. Are anyone else's roles like this; could tgk's be a safeclaim?

Mine does too, but I tried it and I can confirm the underlines don't transfer over when you copy-paste it.

Just a minor detail, but possible game-changing... My role had underlines on the role name, and the names of each ability, as well as the bold. Are anyone else's roles like this; could tgk's be a safeclaim?

Hey, mine too.

Camo is talking about my game where Celever made the claim he was cleared by flavor, his role as the mayor meant he could not be scum because if he were scum then he wouldn't need to hunt for the star witnesses because he would already know who they were. It was the only role that could be cleared based only on flavor.

That's a bit different from this game because any character could be scum. They could be, say, brainwashed by Darkrai/Dusknoir/The Forces of Evil, or maybe they just wanna defect from the Treasure Town forces for whatever reason. Just like last game where Zelda, aka The Goodest of Good Guys, was scum for no reason at all.

Unfortunately that means that I can't say with any certainty whether or not it's a safe claim so

tgk has claimed jailer which notably can be of either alignment. His passive ability is what makes me lean towards town but it could be fake since it deals in percentages and there's no way to confirm it's actually happening as opposed to just luck.

The package has been delivered. The delivery boy was very late.

I could definitely see TDK's role belonging to scum, the passive's town/scum part could've easily been swapped.

The whole backpedaling business screams scum, but I'm having trouble seeing the logic behind his actions today if that is the case. I'm still a bit hesitant to place my vote.

@PMJ and everybody else, there's no reason why safe claims can't be flavour claims. Personally
I doubt that the scum team consist of brain washed characters, but instead actual bad guys with safe claims that still fit their role.

So in Celeves case, since no one else has come out and said that they are actually Bidoof then I have no doubt that Celever (whether scum or town) has Bidoof as his role or safe claim.
A host wouldn't give a safe claim to scum that is also another players role in the game cos that's poor form.

But until we see a scum flip we won't know if the scum team are converts or actual bad guys.

@thegrovylekid was really scummy the last couple of pages and probably should be lynched due to his scumminess. But his townie looking role makes me hesitate.

Jailer could be town or scum easily, and so could that second ability (but I reckon the effects for town and non town would be switched around)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back