Finished Werewolf XXVIII: Omega Alpha - Game Finished - Postgame Up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing grovylekid is that randomness and not knowing who to lynch are part of the game, so we must take chances by lynching some random people. Due to this version of the game we technically have about a 2/3 chance of getting someone that's scum/a third party. I do like grovyle kid as he seems nice, but we cannot take the chance. Honestly if it wasn't for that guy's reaction to lynch me the second I said lynch grovyle I might have decided on another person to randomly lynch.
Here's the massive flaw with that logic.

Oh, look! You're not a confirmed town, and there's technically a 2/3rd chance of you being scum = lynch!

##Vote: Empoleon_Master

See the problem? Following your logic, there's a 2/3rds chance everyone is scum, which results in a lot more scum. In reality, there is at least 6 scum roles [Archie, Maxie, Tabitha, Courtney, Matt, Shelly] which means when you're lynching someone on day 1, with 17 people, there is at minimum a 6/17 chance of lynching scum, and an 11/17 chance of lynching town. Think before you push for a turbolynch.

[note that this is all hypothetical. I could easily be wrong about the number of scum, as there may be grunts and the like. the admins/leaders are definitely a part of this game.]

The thing grovylekid is that randomness and not knowing who to lynch are part of the game, so we must take chances by lynching some random people. Due to this version of the game we technically have about a 2/3 chance of getting someone that's scum/a third party. I do like grovyle kid as he seems nice, but we cannot take the chance. Honestly if it wasn't for that guy's reaction to lynch me the second I said lynch grovyle I might have decided on another person to randomly lynch.

Unless I'm mistaken, not once has it been said what the number of people in each of the town, Team Aqua and Team Magma are. The bolded section implies that you believe there to be an equal distribution of players among the three factions on no real basis. The only way you could, yourself, know how many people are in each team is if you were in either Team Aqua or Team Magma. Please explain how you came to the conclusion of the equal distribution of the teams.

Ok fine I'll go with what I should be doing instead of trying that math thing I read on cracked.com about how how to beat pure WW without any of the cool features this version has. I now ##VOTE SQUIRTLE SQUAD.

Unless I'm mistaken, not once has it been said what the number of people in each of the town, Team Aqua and Team Magma are. The bolded section implies that you believe there to be an equal distribution of players among the three factions on no real basis. The only way you could, yourself, know how many people are in each team is if you were in either Team Aqua or Team Magma. Please explain how you came to the conclusion of the equal distribution of the teams.
Honestly I pretty much pulled that number out of my ass as I figured that there would be an euqal number of people in each team with one number having one less person in their team to account for the third party that is neither town, aqua or magma. Then you pointed out that there would probably not be that many people on each of the non town teams making me feel stupid.

You're catching on quick :p

IE's tag worked for me. I think that tagging lots of people at once is just fickle in general, though I think lots of is defined by around 5 or more??

Anyway, @Empoleon_master, think logically for a moment. If you've "figured out the game" why do we not play with your theory every time? Why have I never heard anything like this on any of my other forums? Chances are you just think you've been incredibly clever when realistically you haven't been.

I'm gonna ##LYNCH: @Squirtle Squad though because these aren't grounds for a lynch, and suggesting it, to me, reads as scum.

Lol ok, this seems to happen every game I play here... Can we just take a second to look at the two people who jumped on me without hesitation?

So scattered mind and empoleon jumped on with no real reasoning. This is Day 1 so your vote @Celever, doesn't bother me, but the two who jumped on are more interesting.

@scattered mind and @Empoleon_master can you please explain your votes?

Sorry SS I am an idiot I thought squirtle squad was the name of the person that jumped on me the second I voted for grovyle, can you tell I'm bad with names? I recognized your avatar so I now no longer want to lynch you though. : D

Vote Count - Day 1

Valid through: Post 127

Empoleon_master: 2 (PMJ (91), thegrovylekid (121))
Squirtle Squad: 3 (Celever (114), scattered mind (116), Empoleon_master (123))
scattered mind: 1 (GM Draclord (118))

Not voting: 11 (Professor Palutena, Reinforce, Luispipe8, Yeowie, Keeper of Night, simsands, Cypher333, TwistedTurtwig, Foxtrox, Ice Espeon)

Vote manipulation, if any, are shown in vote counts.

Edit: Whoops, messed up a vote on Empoleon_master. There is actually 2 votes on him, not one (I can't count).

Last edited:
I think we shoudl vote for PMJ as he is the one that got super out raged rhe second I suggested lynching anyone and instantly called me scum. I believe him to be a werewolf so we should lynch him. EVERYONE VOTE FOR THE OBVIOUS one!

I think we shoudl vote for PMJ as he is the one that got super out raged rhe second I suggested lynching anyone and instantly called me scum. I believe him to be a werewolf so we should lynch him. EVERYONE VOTE FOR THE OBVIOUS one!
You have to understand how scummy it looks when out of the blue, you say, "we need to lynch person X, it's not because of my ability that I know, just do it." If you act like this, people aren't going to agree with you easily. If you come up with evidence based on what they have said in previous posts, then you will get more people on your side.

Also, when trying to start a wagon on either me or PMJ, you didn't vote. Cases are generally more convincing when you end them with a vote.

Just a note that the vote of Empoleon's on tgk did not actually count, as Empoleon did not bold it.

Anyone else for an Empoleon lynch?
His posts are getting frustrating.

I'm gonna ##vote: empoleon_master for now cos I have work. I should be back around in 6hours roughly.

Have a good day yall!

Oh and welcome silver silent!

Anyone else for an Empoleon lynch?
His posts are getting frustrating.

I'm gonna ##vote: empoleon_master for now cos I have work. I should be back around in 6hours roughly.

Have a good day yall!

Oh and welcome silver silent!

Elo there fellow SS :p

Fraid' I'm going to have to sit back and watch this out right now. I feel like it's to early to say who should be lynched yet until at least 1) more proof is give or 2) more opinions are made. It's still a bit early to jump the gun.

Ok I am sorry, my initial method was a mathematical formula that I found from cracked.com that said in general the best way to win a vanilla and plain boring WW game was to assign everyone a random number and vote to lynch them in that order, TGK was #1 on that random list. But honestly I am really sorry for thinking that would work in this advanced and more awesome version of WW. But seriously PMJ's reaction to a lynching the second I said anything looks SUPER suspicious. And brw I am a noob at this I wouldn't even know how to pull off any psychological trickery or something as I've never done this before.

How would we decide on that 'random' order when everyone's sitting behind a computer screen? Have you provide it and state whatever order we lynch everyone? How would we be sure that you actually randomized the order, and didn't make it up to suit your own needs?

Ok I am sorry, my initial method was a mathematical formula that I found from cracked.com that said in general the best way to win a vanilla and plain boring WW game was to assign everyone a random number and vote to lynch them in that order, TGK was #1 on that random list. But honestly I am really sorry for thinking that would work in this advanced and more awesome version of WW. But seriously PMJ's reaction to a lynching the second I said anything looks SUPER suspicious. And brw I am a newbie at this I wouldn't even know how to pull off any psychological trickery or something as I've never done this before.

WW is more than just trickery. There are many key factors to Werewolf. You have to view everything that's in play and determine the best course of action while trying to get the masses on your side for a lynching all while pulling your team ahead without others knowing. Even more so on text based versions of the game. You can use prediction to some extent but you have to know when to strike and how to do it. If you're not good a tricking or swaying people then you have to use some other means to win. Even more so if you don't have abilities that allow you to murder someone at night.

@simandis you can see my notes for this WW game where I gave everyone a random number of 1-17 and then I voted to lynch the person that fell at #1 who happened to be GK. anyway I seriously say we vote for PMJ after he said to lynch me after I posted the post to lynch GV, and I mean the SECOND I posted it. It's just too damning. Btw I can link the cracked.com article I got my theory from. It uses math and crap to figure WW out.

what you did looked EXTREMELY scummy. Also, there's no "figuring WW out." It's a fluid game with fluid players with real-world factors influencing those players. Math and Crap don't apply.

Also, I've said this before, if you want people to vote for PMJ with you, actually put a vote on PMJ. You're not going to get anyone to agree with you if you're basically saying who to vote for without actually voting yourself. Even then you have to be convincing. If all else fails, just bandwagon. Just remember to bold your vote so it counts.

@Ice Espeon the mass tag worked for me.

Also, does what @Empoleon_master is doing look like OMGUS to anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back