Finished Werewolf XVI: A New Melee. Rejects Win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Werewolf XVI: A New Melee. Day 1 ends March 30 at 8 PM CST.

...who the heck is Jiffy?

Am I the only one who know what Jiffy is .-.

Jiffy is a classic American brand of cornbread.

In 1889, Chelsea Milling was working as a housewife, while watching over her four children. She was a hard-working woman, and a loving spouse. Times were tough, however, for chelsea. Her husband George was juggling jobs, and the family was struggling to survive. To help support the family, Chelsea created the Chelsea Milling Company, a family owned business rooted in Michigan. Her hearty meals and mothers-touch cooking has transcended generations. Released in 1930, Jiffy Cornbread mix took the American market by storm. The delicious product flew off the shelves, becoming the company's biggest success. Chelsea Milling's hard work, dedication, and love for her family has made Jiffy Cornbread mix one of the most iconic pieces of Americana. Today, the iconic box can been found worldwide, and continues to feed families, and arouse smiles everywhere.

Hats off, to one very special woman.

Jiffy_Corn_Muffin_Mix.JPG

tl;dr, I was referring to cornbread.

Jiffy is a classic American brand of cornbread.
Ah, I didn't know that. Thank you.

wtf

Just wtf is going on here. Let's see:

So. Astra claims Yoshi:
Role: Yoshi
Alignment: Brawlers

You are Yoshi, the lovable slave from the Mushroom Kingdom. You've been abused by everyone in the Kingdom for far too long, so now it's time to stand up and fight for your dinosaur rights which I just made up.

Ability: Poached Prowess
Once each night you may choose any player other than yourself. You will swallow that player, and will put them in an egg. Being in an egg will prevent them from using any abilities during the night. However, you will also protect them from any harm during that same night.

Win Condition: At least one Brawlers-aligned player is alive when all threats have been eliminated.
I have to say, I can't think that Astra would have made up this flavour text. It... just doesn't sound like the thing that would come to your mind when faking a role. So I indeed do believe that his role is Yoshi, but... um... read that read part... to me it sounds like Yoshi is an indie. I mean why would a townie have... that. A slave, abused by everyone, it's time for revenge? Totally sounds like a townie, yeah! (Sarcasm.)

Also, his behaviour still suggests that he wants to get rid of anyone who it's possible to get rid of, just like a dangerous indie who wants revenge on the town, so yup... I believe his ability too, but he is probably hiding another ability and obviously his final smash.

Next, cornbread. Just what on Earth are those rules supposed to be?! It has already been pointed out plenty of times just how wrong they are, so I guess I don't need to, though...
Right now, I'm pretty 50/50 on what to think about that. Bad wolf / really bad town. I can see where those people who think corn is bad town are coming from, but then again it feels like it's more likely that a bad wolf would post such stuff once he saw an opening (of course, someone stupid enough to come up with that idea wouldn't ask the team first either).

But seeing as I'm more confident in Astra being a threat, I will keep my vote on Astra. If Astra can kill, it's the better choice too. Maybe we know more about cornbread on day two.

Also, Jay revealed that he is related to Chelsea Milling as he heavily advertises Jiffy? lol

Should Astra reveal his final smash to us? The Indie possibility is one I overlooked.

Yeah, I'd really like to see his Final Smash. The coincidence that both players that have role revealed so far have excluded their Final Smashes are extremely troubling and honestly, suspicious to me.

All I can to say to corn bread and his "rules" is just lol. Just that. Because that's what they are.

dmaster out.

Alrighty.

Role PM said:
Final Smash: Scrambled Surprise
When you use this ability, all players will randomly swap roles with another living player of the same alignment. This ability does not affect independent players who lack allies.

ummmmmmmm. That's weird interesting. Why don't I believe this?

If it's true, then there's an even greater chance of Astra being an indie. If he isn't, then his Smash affects him too, which isn't necessarily good. So it's really possible that he's an indie.

Jay receives a warning for editing a post.

I wasn't here to post the 24 hour warning, so yeah. Twenty-four hour warning. Except it's not 24 hours anymore, it's more like an 18-hour warning. You guys are nowhere near a lynch yet so uh... get to steppin'.

Astra said:
]Role: Yoshi

You are Yoshi, the lovable slave from the Mushroom Kingdom. You've been abused by everyone in the Kingdom for far too long, so now it's time to stand up and fight for your dinosaur rights which I just made up.

Once each night you may choose any player other than yourself. You will swallow that player, and will put them in an egg. Being in an egg will prevent them from using any abilities during the night. However, you will also protect them from any harm during that same night.

Win Condition: At least one Brawlers-aligned player is alive when all threats have been eliminated.
[/quote]

This may seem trivial, but Astra's win condition has a period at the end, while the first post's and Luckfire's do not. This tells me that he didn't just copy/paste from one of those and actually got it from his role PM.

UNVOTE Flygon2071
VOTE corn bread

^ In my opinion that's our best bet right now for reasons previously stated.

Starboard Driger said:
This may seem trivial, but Astra's win condition has a period at the end, while the first post's and Luckfire's do not. This tells me that he didn't just copy/paste from one of those and actually got it from his role PM.

That's a cool find. If that's the case though...Either Luckyfire or Astra could be faking their role/win condition in that way. Obviously one would say they didn't copy and paste and added the period and the other would say they did because it didn't have the period from the role. But that just seems too convenient to me.

I feel like at least one of them would not be truthful if that was the case, so I'll be disappointed if I don't see either of them go. Luckyfire is the safer lynch right now because she will most likely not lie if she's telling the truth. Going after Astra may be beneficial if he is indeed an Indie.

VOTE Luckyfire

dmaster out.

Starboard Driger said:

Hmm. Well, I double checked, and my win condition doesn't have a period at the end of it. So, I don't know if that should put any more suspicion on Astra or not.
Looking at Astra's role reveal, it looks like something PMJ wrote. So, I'd say he's in the clear for now.

Unvote: <Astra>

The day is coming to an end, and I really don't see corn bread being a wolf, so I'll go ahead and just vote for Luckyfire now, hopefully outweighing the votes for corn bread. I see no downfall in lynching LF. She's telling the truth, no one dies. She's lying, we most likely get a wolf or Indie. She's lying, and she had a power role, then LF's an idiot for attracting so much attention to herself.

Vote: <Luckyfire>

Well suppose Luckyfire is telling the truth and we confirm her unlynchability through lynch. That is good and nice and what not but I think corn bread is a threat(either wolf or bad town) so I guess I will go for him.
VOTE corn bread

I feel that cornbread wants to control over what he has no control over whatsoever. We should lynch him, and if he is a wolf, then great, but if he isn't, then the Town isn't hurt by his loss, maybe even helped by it because of one less bad player in the game.

I don't understand why an Astra lynch would be good right now, and lynching Luckyfire would be the same as a no-lynch. Both role-reveals seem legit because of the flavour texts. Who would ever think of those flavour texts when you were trying to be believed?

VOTE <cornbread>

Starboard Driger said:
Astra said:
]Role: Yoshi

UNVOTE Flygon2071
VOTE corn bread

^ In my opinion that's our best bet right now for reasons previously stated.
[/quote]

My role's win condition did not end in a period. Is this the case for anyone else, because if it is, it means Astra did not just copy and paste his role, but type is up or copy and paste Lucky's wincon and add a period because it feels right.

Nope, my wincon doesn't end with a period. This just makes it even more likely that he is an indie.

My wincon doesn't end with a period. This means he is either an Indie or wasn't copy-pasting the role, so something might have been left out. I think it's legit, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back