Vulpix's Art Thread (UPDATOS!!!)

RE: Might as Well: Vulpix's Art Thread! MAOR ART!!!

WHERE DID YOU ALL GO! *cries forever in a corner*
I have lots of art for you guys this time!

Ugh. This looks annoying. >< ITS SO UGLYY

we_are_always_by_dreamartcore-d5n34no.jpg

Some Hetalia fanart. (England)
2p_england__by_dreamartcore-d5n35cf.jpg

More up soon!
EDIT: More.

Victor, from our comic. He's my character.
victor_by_clockworkgemcomics-d5n373z.jpg
I love him.

RE: Might as Well: Vulpix's Art Thread!MOAR ARTS!!!!

That 1st one makes my arms hurt:)

I love on the 2nd how you used the red as a ancient color for his eyebrows and freckles, that is a great look!!!
Can you try to draw some pokemon like that?

Great work as always;) Keep it up!

RE: Might as Well: Vulpix's Art Thread!MOAR ARTS!!!!

Pokemon? I sure can. ^^ And yeah. I love the first one.

I just realized that the one of Victor didn't show up...I'll try to fix that when dA comes back on. \

~Danke! <3

RE: Vulpix's Art Thread

This isn't a bad start. I'm gonna give a little more of a critique, some pros, some cons, and some advice.

First the pros. I like the the digital art as a start, it shows some nice highlights, and has a sort of watercolor feel to it. I've never seen Fossil Fighters so I can't say anything about the design of the characters in comparison to the cannon ones, but they seem interesting. You have some decent size consistency, where one eye isn't bigger than the other. I like that you show your steps to get where you are in the drawing, the construction lines and whatnot. It shows that you don't draw from a contour line only. Your art also shows an obvious amount of time and effort.

Now here are the cons. The characters lack proportion and depth. You should shade a little more, or make it more visible. The color feels like it could be more controlled, the colors go a little too "out of the lines" and they even clash a little in some pieces. The characters feel a little rigid and stiff. I hope I'm not coming off as mean...

Now for the advice on how to help fix it. Life drawing and human anatomy studies (trust me, no matter what style you draw, life drawing and observation are the best teachers) will help with your form. I know it's hard, but I would recommend looking up models in the poses you want to draw, and study and practice them. Shading is really hard, and I hear a lot of people complain, but if you want to ever master drawing, you must learn to tame the shadows. A way I do this is draw a very light arrow pointing towards the object (or person) coming from its light source. Then shade based on what the light would be striking. To make characters feel less stiff, if you draw lines of action as part of your construction lines, you'll have more fluidity. To solve the color conundrum, look up some tips on color theory. This will help in your painting endeavors as well as your shading, as it will teach you how to best put together colors that look natural together. If you have a reddit, I would look up "PurpleKecleon"'s (Amazing digital artist, look 'em up on DeviantArt) color tutorial, it helped me out quite a bit.

Keep up the good work and you'll only get better! :)

RE: Vulpix's Art Thread

Hey, I'M BACK, MOTHERTRUCKERS!

I missed you all so much but here I AM, ALIVE AGAIN!

I've got updates galore for you guys!

Updates!
My Pearl baby....
This isn't the last upload with my older style, I'll upload more but I will tell you that my style of drawing eyes and legs has kinda changed a lot....

too_many_pearls_by_dreamartcore-d5ngrla.png

Your style has indeed changed. And I love it. :]

What filter did you use to make the image appear like that?

Articuno said:
Your style has indeed changed. And I love it. :]

What filter did you use to make the image appear like that?

It was one of the "noise" filters in Photoshop. I only ever use PS to edit the final image with cool effects and stuff when I'm done.

And my style has changed quite a bit more actually.....I've found a style of drawing eyes that I actually like and traditional colouring too.
I look forward to uploading more! Thank you so much for the comment!

Back