U.S. Nationals

Grant lost in t16, me and Machamp lost in t32, iis and glace and justin lost in t64, infinity wiffed at 66. :/

RogueChomp said:
Grant lost in t16, me and Machamp lost in t32, iis and glace and justin lost in t64, infinity wiffed at 66. :/
Dang... It was a good run wasn't it. Quite honestly I didn't think Garbodor was the play (Klinklang all the way) but I still feel T16 was decent. Any idea on how he lost (misplay, bad matchup, etc.).

dmaster said:
I'm thinking the 75 minute Top Cut definitely boosted Gothitelle's chances of going far. It's a really good deck (and I've said this before in the past as well, especially if good players are piloting it which they definitely are). It'll be interesting to see the winner tomorrow!

dmaster out.
Or this:
http://www.thedeckout.com/2013/06/the-pre-nationals-underground-article.html

So Plasma vs Goth in T2. Does anyone know if Ryan teched for goth? (Also wondering how Goth got that far, I'm guessing no one took the warning that they need to tech for it?)

EDIT: Yeah Plasma won Seniors.

Plasm junior, Plasma Senior, Now.. this is intense. will the Best deck in format be the worthy contender Gothitelle, or will Plasma take the gold?

(I like making these dramatic)

Teal said:
Why are people so surprised that Goth went so far? Huh...

Expecting people to tech for it (which no one did) and the fact that it went in after 9 rounds of bo1

EDIT: Goth won Game 1 of Masters.

Blui said:
Teal said:
Why are people so surprised that Goth went so far? Huh...

Expecting people to tech for it (which no one did) and the fact that it went in after 9 rounds of bo1

As far as I know there is no "definitive" tech for Goth. Stuff like double Keldeo helps but nothing makes it a bad deck, right. Techs might also hurt in other match-ups.

Teal said:
Blui said:

As far as I know there is no "definitive" tech for Goth. Stuff like double Keldeo helps but nothing makes it a bad deck, right. Techs might also hurt in other match-ups.

I wish I played 2 keldeo at BRs because sleep is a jerk. But just 1 keldeo in plasma is really good.

Ryan took Edmund to game 3 in T2 for Masters! Is Plasma gonna have a clean sweep?

EDIT: 2 Gothitelle are up from Ed. Absol's attacking for Ryan.

EDIT: Dusknoir comes out, 5/5 prizes,
tech Audino from Ryan comes out a few turns later. Lies. Everywhere.

Edmund Kuras wins with Gothitelle/Accelgor/Mew-EX!
Ryan Sabelhaus comes in second with Plasma.dec!

Teal said:
dmaster said:
I'm thinking the 75 minute Top Cut definitely boosted Gothitelle's chances of going far. It's a really good deck (and I've said this before in the past as well, especially if good players are piloting it which they definitely are). It'll be interesting to see the winner tomorrow!

dmaster out.
Or this:
http://www.thedeckout.com/2013/06/the-pre-nationals-underground-article.html

Or...not? lol Time limits are such a huge factor for these kinds of slow decks. I almost guarantee had this tournament stayed 60 minutes Best 2/3, it would not have the kind of showing it did as half of the Top 4. Sure, having public lists definitely increase exposure, but no offense or anything, but Esa's lists have always been known as mediocre and the information that he has there was already common knowledge to a lot of people. Most people knew about this deck and what it could do around the middle of Battle Roads a month ago.

Anyway, congrats to for Edmund winning it all with Gothitelle! Surely a hard deck to play and pilot but it made it through a field of almost 1000 players. What an accomplishment.

dmaster out.

Am I the only one who doesn't like Gothitelle?
I've never liked playing against lock decks, it's annoying.
Congrats to the champion, but if Goth sees more play I won't be happy about it.

This is great news! I hate playing against Gothitelle once they are all set up but to see it win sure is nice. I wish there was a stream so I could watch the painful matches.

Back