U.S. Nationals

Flygon is fake, the player is using Darkrai.
(please don't kill the messenger.)

EDIT Also, since the nurturer of that bracket left, I built another which is here.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnJJ28jwsJ4LdGFjbFcyZUM4U1N4QzFCYTA0bHc2QlE#gid=0

No one has them, since Masters is the big one...
But I would also appreciate this.

blargh257 said:
No one has them, since Masters is the big one...
But I would also appreciate this.
They would if they were at nats. Even something as simple as a picture of the standings would be extremely nice.

Salamencetrainer34 said:
Which person is Blah?

Dunno if Blah wants people saying his name on the internet, but he lost in top 128.

I think Grant lost in top 16. I don't remember seeing him in top 8.

But who cards about him? You all want to hear about me... right? ...I went 8-1 in Swiss, and lost in top 32. This marks the first time I've won in a top cut match. No, seriously. I was playing Darkrai/Absol with Gold Potion (so good). Not sure if I'm playing that at the Last Chance for CP's tournament yet.

Speaking of, who's going to the Last Chance for CP's tournament? I'm at 346 now, so I'll have to make top 8.

Would someone check the standings to see if grant is in or not? I hate to be a bother but I really want to know.

Not sure if this is news. I will just post them from Twitter:

Top 8 decks at US Nationals: 3 Plasma, 3 Gothitelle, 1 Darkrai, 1 Klinklang

BOhdqdNCUAAXj1L.jpg:large

^Yes that's masters. I recognize Liggett's name. Was my one loss on day 1 last year. <_<

and it also says "Masters" on top. lol.

Top 4 is Ryan Sabelhaus (Plasma), Edmund Kuras (Gothitelle), Sam Liggett (Gothitelle) , and Robert Seley (Plasma). Play will continue tomorrow.

Two plasma decks and two Gothitelle decks in the top 4... OK, I'm not surprised about Plasma making this far, but the Gothitelle part of it is very interesting. While I still have the premonition that Plasma might win it all in the end, I think it would be nice to see Gothitelle win because it could give Gothitelle much more spotlight, perhaps even more than its time back in Fall '11, when it wasn't played as much compared to other decks at the time.

I'm thinking the 75 minute Top Cut definitely boosted Gothitelle's chances of going far. It's a really good deck (and I've said this before in the past as well, especially if good players are piloting it which they definitely are). It'll be interesting to see the winner tomorrow!

dmaster out.

Nigel went 5-4.

Speaking of, who's going to the Last Chance for CP's tournament? I'm at 346 now, so I'll have to make top 8.

You don't have to top 8. Top 16 is 100 CP I'm pretty sure.

King Arceus said:
Nigel went 5-4.

You don't have to top 8. Top 16 is 100 CP I'm pretty sure.

Nope, Top 16 only gives you 50 points in the tournament. Top 8 is what will give you 100 CP.

Source

Back