• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Turonator GX Decklist(Input Please!)

Alolan Ninetales is definitely a problem. No idea what to tech in for that. Guzma is one card that can deal with it but if they're running quad then we're pretty much screwed. Working on a build that includes Baby Volcanion.

I think you should drop a Turtinator and something else for 2 more Energy. 12 just isn't enough, especially without Starmie.

My list includes Starmie, and the whole point is you use Kiawe on turn 1, so you don't need that many energy. I could see running 1 more Fire Energy if you find a card that isn't useful. I would tech in 1 Volcanion because Alolan Ninetales GX decks will be so popular. If you can use Volcanion's 100 damage attack with 1 Steam Up you have a knockout. I updated my previous list with the changes I made.

Might replace Staryu/Starmie in the deck instead of Octilary. Don't agree with some of the choices but the consensus seems to think that Octilary should be taken out.

If you read through the thread Mora you would know he quoted my list, and said he would probably run a Starmie Line. Also he hasn't updated a new list since the first one so making suggestions based on that won't be very accurate. Especially since he has 4 pages of suggestions, and potential changes to the deck.

Alolan Ninetales is definitely a problem. No idea what to tech in for that. Guzma is one card that can deal with it but if they're running quad then we're pretty much screwed. Working on a build that includes Baby Volcanion.

If you make a build that runs Volcanion I would run 2 Volcanion's at most. I personally think 1 is better because you can counter Alolan Ninetales, and it can be good late game. 2 Volcanions seem a little overboard because you don't need energy on your bench late game thanks to Salazzle GX, and you should 1 shot a Alolan Ninetales. If your Volcanion dies you can always Rescue Stretcher it back. I hope this helps.

If you read through the thread Mora you would know he quoted my list, and said he would probably run a Starmie Line. Also he hasn't updated a new list since the first one so making suggestions based on that won't be very accurate. Especially since he has 4 pages of suggestions, and potential changes to the deck.

IMG1457698362-1.jpg

Didn't have time to read through a full 4 pages worth of comments. Just wanted to give a quick two cents. If what I said has already been established, great. Glad you guys got it figured out without me.

Lol new input is always good, but as long as it is new. I'm still not sure why you think running 2 more Fire Energy is better. You use Kiawe turn 1, and you need 1 or 2 Fire Energies in the discard to double Steam Up. For the rest of the game manually attaching energies shouldn't be a problem.

I mean maybe it's not essential to have 14 Energy and Starmie, but in my experience Energy is never a bad thing to have excess of in this deck, with the heavy attack costs and having to use Steam Up on a regular basis. Especially late game when your N'd down to 2 cards and need an Energy AND something else to win. Starmie definitely helps, but I find myself prizing it a good bit and I don't want to have to rely on it.

But let's say you Kiawe turn one and attach for your turn 3 turns in a row, which will get you 3 Bright Flames. That's 7 Energy, meaning if you play 12, you have 5 left for Steam Up, assuming you don't prize any and you don't lose any because of Sycamore or have to get rid of some with Ultra Ball. I just feel like some games you might be hurting for the last one or two Energy cards in your deck and having trouble drawing into them. Especially if you have to Bright Flame more than 3 times.

I understand where you are coming from, but with a 2-2 Starmie line I still have yet to play a game where both Starmie or both Staryu are prized. It could happen, but I don't think it could happen enough to justify 2 more Fire Energy. I'm running 4 Brooklet Hill so I can typically get a Starmie out by turn 3. This is how my game typically goes. I Kiawe on to Turtonator turn 1, and attack using Bright Flame on my second turn. I would have had two energy left, but I can almost always find a Fire Energy on my first, second, or third turn to attach. This means I can attack again using Bright Flame. If I was able to attach energies on turn 1, 2, and 3 then I would attack a 3rd time, but that is unlikely. If I couldn't do that instead I would use Turtonator GX's GX attack and attach 4 energies at minimum to another Turtonator GX to start attacking with. I run one Salazzle GX, so if I haven't won by the time my second Turtonator GX has run out of resources I move to Salazzle GX. Salazzle GX only requires two energies, and you definitely should have taken a good amount of prizes by the time you have use it. I also run 1 Volcanion to counter baby Alolan Ninetales, and if you want you can also use that late game to setup another Turtonator GX, a Volcanion EX, or the Salazzle GX. I agree when you say it never hurts to run extra energy. I feel in this deck running 13 energy isn't a bad thing, it may actually be a good thing, but it is hard to find space to fit it in. I hope this helps

Last edited:
Back