• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Turonator GX Decklist(Input Please!)

mrfr1day

Aspiring Trainer
4 Turtonator GX
3 Volcanion EX
3 Tapu Lele
1 Remoraid
1 Octillary

12 Pokemon

4 Sycamore
4 N
2 Kiawe
4 President's letter
3 Guzma
4 Ultra Ball
3 Brooklet Hill
2 Field Blower
4 Choice band
1 Wish Baton
1 Kukui

36 Trainers

12 Fire Energy

Would love some feedback on this baby. The deck is primarily focused on Turt rather than Volc. I feel like Turt is a lot faster with Kiawe seeing how he can attack again with having to switch or Pokemon Ranger. By turn two you should have 6 energies on Turt.

I personally dnt see use of 1-1 octillery line when u run 4 sycamore and 4 N,along with 3 tapu lele. Also i feel 1 wishful baton isnt effevtive, if you play 1 you really have to hope they dont field blower it

*Updated list.

4 Turtonator GX
3 Volcanion EX
3 Tapu Lele
1 Remoraid
1 Octillary

12 Pokemon

3 Sycamore
2 floatstone
4 N
2 Kiawe
4 President's letter
2 Guzma
1 Fisherman
4 Ultra Ball
3 Brooklet Hill
2 Field Blower
4 Choice band
1 Rescue stretcher

32 Trainers

12 Fire Energy

Total:56

What 4 cards should I add?

I personally dnt see use of 1-1 octillery line when u run 4 sycamore and 4 N,along with 3 tapu lele. Also i feel 1 wishful baton isnt effevtive, if you play 1 you really have to hope they dont field blower it
Well there will be times when I don't want to discard my whole hand nor do I want to N if I draw less cards.

Well you could play wicke intead of an N or jsut add a wicke or 2..i just dnt like playing 1-1 lines,esp with seeminlgy many ppl are gnna run 3 or even 4 guzmas next format

Well you could play wicke intead of an N or jsut add a wicke or 2..i just dnt like playing 1-1 lines,esp with seeminlgy many ppl are gnna run 3 or even 4 guzmas next format
Wicke is straight-up outclassed by N because your net gain doesn't change, while N has the potential to do that.

Im not saying its great, im saying if he doesnt want to play stcamore or N, then there is wicke...i understand what wicke is bu suggesting options to 1-1 octilery line

When all goes well, 4 N should hurt you more than help.... I'd suggest replacing 1 N with a Sophocles or Judge.

In regards to the 4 slots you're trying to fill, I'd suggest you consider: Acerola, Fighting Fury Belts, a 3rd Guzma, Max Elixir and/or a Parallel City (to remove unwanted/unneeded Pokémon from your bench).

Is the 1-1 Octillery that helpful? 1-1 Pokémon lines can also be quite inconsistent. Have you tested Oranguru as an alternative?

Id take out 1-1 octillerly and 3 brooket hill, add 3 parallel city,oranguru and guzma...i had great use of parallel ciry, either taking off ur guys or limiting ur opponents bench..plusif u dnt have delinquent, playing then atkeast rids opponents stadium

Id take out 1-1 octillerly and 3 brooket hill, add 3 parallel city,oranguru and guzma...i had great use of parallel ciry, either taking off ur guys or limiting ur opponents bench..plusif u dnt have delinquent, playing then atkeast rids opponents stadium
Parallel City is counterintuitive with this deck because bench space can get pretty tight in this deck, as you might want backup Turtonator in case one of them falls, as well as a Volcanion or two for Steam Ups, making the blue side a hindrance. The red side is counterintuitive to this deck's damage output.

Parallel City is counterintuitive with this deck because bench space can get pretty tight in this deck, as you might want backup Turtonator in case one of them falls, as well as a Volcanion or two for Steam Ups, making the blue side a hindrance. The red side is counterintuitive to this deck's damage output.
Good point, could try out 3 chaos towers

Good point, could try out 3 chaos towers
This deck has nothing inflicting special conditions on yourself or the opponent, making that stadium moot. You might as well use Brooklet Hill as the stadium to search out the Volcanion EX (which is also a Water Pokemon).

This deck has nothing inflicting special conditions on yourself or the opponent, making that stadium moot. You might as well use Brooklet Hill as the stadium to search out the Volcanion EX (which is also a Water Pokemon).
Ud play chaos tower to alleviate special conditions ur opponent inflicts on ur pokemon, like espeon gx

Ud play chaos tower to alleviate special conditions ur opponent inflicts on ur pokemon, like espeon gx
This is matchup-dependent. If you're not up against Espeon GX or other decks that inflict special conditions, Chaos Tower is useless. Brooklet Hill is more useful to search out Volcanion EX without having to use Ultra Ball.

For this deck, as well as some others, I think of Parallel City's use as more "situational" in that it can:
  • Limits opponent's bench size - even though my Pokémon's damage output may be reduced, I can still account for that and get 1HKOs; and
  • Limits my bench size in order to help me remove unwanted/unneeded Pokémon from my bench which could potentially deny prizes from my opponent.
Both of those situations could potentially lead to favorable board positions and enhance your chances of winning the game. For me, Parallel City has been quite useful and I tend to play 1 in all my decks.

I think your list has a lot of good set pieces, but I don't know if they will combo well. Here are the changes I would make.

-1 Tapu Lele GX
-1 Remoraid
-1 Octillery
-4 Professor's Letter
-1 Fisherman
-3 Brooklet Hill
-4 Choice Band
-4 Fire Energy

+2 Staryu
+2 Starmie
+1 Ho Oh GX
+1 Professor Sycamore
+1 Float Stone
+2 Max Elixir
+3 Scorched Earth
+2 Nest Ball
+1 Mallow
+1 Kiawe
+1 Acerola
+2 Altar of the Sunne
+4 Burning Energy

These are some pretty big changes, and I could understand if you don't think they will work. I'll go over some of my bigger changes now. I dropped the Octillery line for a Starmie line because Starmie works way better with Volcanion EX, and it's Steam Up ability. That is also why I dropped the Brooklet Hill's for Scorched Earth because I can setup fast enough without Brooklet Hill, and Scorched is way better with Starmie throughout the game. You can also combo Scorched Earth with Mallow. You use Mallow put two cards you want on top of your deck, and Scorched Earth them into your hand. I added a Ho Oh GX and 2 Altar of the Sunne's because there are so many good water decks in the upcoming format. I dropped 4 Fire Energy for 4 Burning Energy because when you use Kiawe you don't have to pull basic energy. Couple of changes I made was I dropped the Choice Band's because there are few pokemon Turtanator can't OHKO if you have two Volcanion's in the Steam Up cycle. You are hitting for 220, and two of the few pokemon above that are Metagross, and Solgaleo which are weak to fire. Those are most of the big changes. Also this list is making changes to your updated list, and these changes would make you have 60 cards. I hope this helps.

Last edited:
Why do you have 4 professors letter in the deck? Max you should be playing if any it all
Max Elixir places the energy on your benched Pokemon. The MAIN reason Volc is in this deck is for steam up. If you don't have energy in your hand you can't use it.

Back