Trevenant BREAK

@TuxedoBlack There were some dark decks, but i lucked out and didnt get matched against any of them. I think most players (me included), predicted night march being the most popular deck, so i think that scared away most dark decks.
Nice, thanks. No doubt, match-ups are still 1 of the 4 critical elements of winning tournaments. When I played at a State tournament earlier this year, my first 3 matches were against players running ToadTina (vs. Grass decks). Fortunately, I was running Garchomp and was able to win those matches without too much difficulty.

It will be very interesting to see what the deck "mix" will be at the upcoming U.S. National Championship tournament...

Lastly, to all the Trevenant deck players, here is a link to the top European tournament players' decks and lists (several Trevenant decks are represented): http://www.mudkipshore.eu/deck-lists/standard-format/

Sky Return puts Shaymin back in the hand before you check for Knock Outs. Shaymin can eat a Bursting Balloon, go up to 120, and then it all goes away. Shaymin looping is a problem for Trevenant.

I must not have understood the rules totally from the different card games I've played over the years. I assumed that because you're attacking, damage is given and the effect of the card and making and addition active would be the final steps of the turn. Damage would have been destributed and counted prior to the return to hand effect.

I must not have understood the rules totally from the different card games I've played over the years. I assumed that because you're attacking, damage is given and the effect of the card and making and addition active would be the final steps of the turn. Damage would have been destributed and counted prior to the return to hand effect.

The effects of attacks resolve before KOs are checked for. So Shaymin-EX goes back to the hand before you check to see whether it is knocked out by Bursting Balloon. However, as it is in the hand, it cannot be knocked out.

Reference here.

I actually have a game up on my channel where a guy does this during States play. NM and a lot of decks that run multiple shaymins and DCE's can deal with Trev. if the right cards fall. It is one reason why I play Fan Club. During that match up, all you need is a DCE and two Shaymins. And trev. will either deck or be knocked out. It's really annoying to be Shaymin locked because the card does not produce enough damage to do anything about it.

Problem is now with N, or even a Judge then, you then shuffle your Shaymin and DCE back into your deck which will stall/ disrupt that tactic.

Problem is now with N, or even a Judge then, you then shuffle your Shaymin and DCE back into your deck which will stall/ disrupt that tactic.

Correct.

Judge was the best option pre-FCO but now, with N in format, this tactic has less chance of success. Still a threat to be aware of though!

Back