Discussion Tier List for Standard

I do enjoy reading these kinds of threads because it's fun to see how people rally for their favourites. But I don't really think creating a Tier List is something that should be done subjectively. It ought to be objective, removed from personal bias, and mathematical.

So here is the current tier list for Standard format. Past three months, what do people prefer to play and how has it performed. Give me the raw results and we can extract the data from that.

YC34JzE.png

You could tweak some of the filters on this to have it run longer than 3 months, or give more weight to a deck that has performed well recently compared to 'used to be' good, that would boost things like Zoro/Weavile. Or maybe it ought to run on some kind of percentage rate where each deck is deemed by the percent of itself that won compared to was played. I'm not sure on that. Either way, it's a much more realistic snapshot of where the Tiers are than an argument. It's not a million miles away from the OP either, but you can see differences like where Gard/Zoro should be, the complete lack of Leafeon or Glaceon impact (in Standard), etc. etc.

Do keep arguing though, it's fun to watch :p

I would Say either Buzz/Garb is Tier 1 or Buzz/Lycanroc is Teir 2. At a regionals I won against buzz/lycanroc 3 times and lost once (I bricked)
What were you playing?
It really all depends on the matchup
there is also a high chance that those players are less experienced than you
Buzz/Garb makes sense in T2 as it only top cut a regional once, while Buzz/Roc has been continuously top-cutting tourneys since the deck was made
anyways, things should be finalized on this list after Portland regionals

This will be a tier list for competitive tcg decks post ultra prism. Comment any thoughts, etc. I will update it as much I can.
Tier 1:
Zoropod
BuzzRoc
ZoroGardy
BuzzGarb
ZoroRoc
Tier 2:
EspyGarb
Vikabulu
Gardy
Goligarb
CounterZoro
Greninja
GlaceonGarb
LeafeonLurantis
Xerneas BREAK
Tier 3:
DrampaGarb
LeafeonEye
ZoroEye
Rainbow Road

What were you playing?
It really all depends on the matchup
there is also a high chance that those players are less experienced than you
Buzz/Garb makes sense in T2 as it only top cut a regional once, while Buzz/Roc has been continuously top-cutting tourneys since the deck was made
anyways, things should be finalized on this list after Portland regionals

I was playing buzz/Garb and when I was at regionals and ranked 29th then i got to 8th place so I was winning against people who were higher ranked then me

Why is DM Necrozma/ Magnezone in tier 2? That deck only got 1 top 32 in the 7 Regional/SPE's that Ultra Prism has been legal. It's honestly mediocre. Rest of it is alright.

Back