Discussion Tier List for 2018 Rotation

I feel Darkrai/Darkrai should be tier 2 and I’d add Quad Wobbufett and Quad Sylveon under tier 3#

I've heard of and agree that Sylveon GX should be a tier 3 deck, but I've never heard of Quad Wobuffet. I'm no expert, but do you think it is a good enough deck to be on the same level as Sylveon GX and Lapras GX.

I'm guessing that the Quad Wob deck is referring to the new Wob out of BUS that does 50 times retreat cost. I think this is a sleeper deck no one is talking about. Somebody's going to come up with a decklist that will make this work. It's not inconceivable that this won't OHKO everything. Generally speaking, the more HP the higher your retreat cost is. Take a look at your tier list - with a Dugtrio on the bench and a Mount Lanakila in play, I think it one shots everything on that list.

I also think that some combination of Promo Koko, Necrozma, Weavile, Espeon EX and others will combine in a spread damage deck that will be effective as well.

And I'm going to try Houndoom EX, Charizard GX, Rhyperior even though I don't think it's going to work but the possibility is there.

Oh and I think somebody is going to come up with a good list for Quad Wob (BUS) that will be at least competitive... if not really good.

I'm guessing that the Quad Wob deck is referring to the new Wob out of BUS that does 50 times retreat cost. I think this is a sleeper deck no one is talking about. Somebody's going to come up with a decklist that will make this work. It's not inconceivable that this won't OHKO everything. Generally speaking, the more HP the higher your retreat cost is. Take a look at your tier list - with a Dugtrio on the bench and a Mount Lanakila in play, I think it one shots everything on that list.
Nope I was talking about GEN Wob it’s basically 4 Wobb 56 Disruption Trainers look it up

I agree with 21times. Greninja will always have a ceiling with Giratina out there. I'm not sure if many decks will run Giratina though. Most Volcanion decks probably will, and some other decks which have bad matchups against Greninja. Also I'm going to try to make a tier list for the 2018 rotation. It hasn't come out yet so this is just speculation.

Tier 1
Metagross GX
Gardevoir GX
Volcanion EX
Alolan Ninetales GX

Tier 2
Greninja Break
Golisopod GX
Tapu Bulu GX/ Vikavolt
Tapu Koko GX/Raikou
Garbodor/Drampa GX
Darkrai EX/Darkrai GX

Tier 3
Lapras GX Waterbox
Quad Sylveon GX
Quad Wobuffet

This is the first tier list I have ever made, and their are some questionable calls on this list. Tell me any changes or additions I should make. Any feedback is appreciated.
What about Espeon/Garb? It's placed top 8 and top 4 in quite a few championships, and yeah, it does lose a few things but is still viable

What about Espeon/Garb? It's placed top 8 and top 4 in quite a few championships, and yeah, it does lose a few things but is still viable

The thing is that all decks lose VS Seeker.
Less items = less damage.
Garbodor won't be as viable next format.

Even Espeon takes a hit. Guzma will switch out of confusion, making the whole strategy less powerful

Espeon Garb will still be alright but there are a ton of ways to throw off confusion now. And it loses hard to Gardy so there's definitely going to be a ceiling.

What tier do you suggest putting Espeon GX/Garbodor at? I played against a Quad Wobuffet on ptcgo once, and it wasn't very good. I could have been versing a bad player or a bad version of the deck, but it didn't seem good enough to make the tier 3 list.

I'm very doubtful that many decks will even tech Giratina Promo into their deck list, aside from decks that have the weakness to Greninja like Volcanion. Giratina Promo only counters 2 decks in the meta Greninja and Zoroark, so for most decks it definitely isn't worth putting in. Especially because Greninja may be good, but it's not Night march or Seismitoad good, both of which were decks people ran multiple cards to counter due to their popularity.

Good point, that's what I'm hoping because I like the blue frog. It just depends on how often the Greninja player is able to pull off the triple shuriken with guzma. We start seeing triple shurikens we'll start seeing promo tina.

Good point, that's what I'm hoping because I like the blue frog. It just depends on how often the Greninja player is able to pull off the triple shuriken with guzma. We start seeing triple shurikens we'll start seeing promo tina.
Honestly, I love the idea of being able to pull off the triple Giant Water Shuriken but it just doesn't work in practice. After making a proxy Greninja deck including Burning Shadows and post-rotation edits, I simply found it nearly impossible to do playtesting with friends. Even with 4 Greninja BREAK's in the deck list it's simply requires too much setup.

Bummer too bad, maybe post-rotation... except I'm sure it's even more difficult without VS Seeker.... So without the triple shuriken, I definitely say Greninja won't be top tier. Good but not great.

I think greninja will have times of greatness though out next season. Greninja will do well at a event, then everyone will tech a giratina, but then once it is not being seen, giratina promos will disapper and it will do well again. The cycle will repeat.

I have a question why would alolan Ninetales Gx be tier 1? i would like more insight cause I'm still learning the game.

I run Waterbox (Lapras, manaphy etc)

Apart from rough seas and VS Seeker deserting me, does anyone know if there will be any new cards to help improve the deck?

Cheers

Both Body Building Dumbbells and Lana can help W decks.

Not to mention GUR can help with Brooklet hill replacing rough seas as the go to stadium, filling dive balls place. And Guzma doesn't disrupt you as much with Manaphy in the mix

Alolan Ninetales is already a good deck in this current meta. It doesn't lose anything that no one else is losing. It gains baby Alolan Ninetales which has an ability that doesn't allow it to take damage from the attacks of EX or GX pokemon, and without Hex Maniac in the format this ability is very powerful. The only downside is Metagross GX has also become a good deck. This is why I personally think this deck is a tier 1 deck, tell me if I should make any changes to the list.

Greninja loses some useful cards but I think, random jank losses aside, it might end up being the strongest deck in the immediate post rotation meta. Mostly because I see the next big meta triangle being Gardevoir < Metagross < Volcanion and Greninja does well against all of those decks.

Agree but I'd add Golisopod GX to your circle. I think Greninja will really struggle against Golisopod. Also, realize that if Greninja gets REALLY good - and I agree that I think it will - people will start teching in Promo Giratina which will wreck Greninja.

Back