• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

They see me Friendin', they hatin' (Miltank / Butterfree)

RE: They see me Friendin', they hatin' (Miltank/Butterfree)

I do feel like aromatisse line will not work in this deck because you are attaking with miltank and it only needs one energy to attack anyways. You could run Max poition to help as well.

Ironman131 said:
I do feel like aromatisse line will not work in this deck because you are attaking with miltank and it only needs one energy to attack anyways. You could run Max poition to help as well.

There's 2 max potion already.

yeah I seen that after I read it again. You could run dark energy with it and run yveltal. You already run DCE so why not add in a beefy pokemon that can do big damage as well.

I don't really feel there's room for Techs in the deck. Miltank's gonna 2HKO all the things anyway, and it only gives up 1 prize, in addition to only needing one energy. Yveltal just doesn't seem to fit imo.

I feel like miltank will be KO'd to easily. I would at least add in some super rod or sacred ash, to keep pulling in the miltank.

I have Aspertia and Max Potion, and it's more finding space for Rod/Ash to be fair :x

Yeah but even with those you will be losing miltank.

God, if Revive was still a thing... :p Hard Charm/Eviolite/Giant Cape+Aspertia City Gym might work, though.

-1 Professor Juniper
-1 N
+1 Sacred Ash
+1 Pal Pad

Why?: Because you can return them by using Pal Pad, and not just those supporters, because when you get many prize cards, you won't like to get an N as only supporter at your hand, it's even worse if you have less prize cards than your opponent.

Yeah those could work but at the most your going to have 140 hp. There are alot of pokemon that can do that in one hit.

Ironman131 said:
Yeah those could work but at the most your going to have 140 hp. There are alot of pokemon that can do that in one hit.

With 1 energy it isn't so easy. With Yveltal you would need either 5 energy or 4 energy and a muscle band or 3 energy and a laser + bank to OHKO it. Only fighting types or Blastoise/Rayquaza decks have an easy matchup. Other decks have a hard time hitting that number. And do not forget this is a fun deck; obviously all of the HP's are low, but a 140 HP basic pokemon that can hit for 100 T1 and only gives up 1 prize is pretty good. Look at sableye, he's just 70hp but in some games one could see one sitting active for up to 2-3 turns.

i never said that miltank wasnt good. I just think it needs something to pull them back because decks like blastoise and rayboar are popular so miltank(s) will go down.

Have you considered a counter against Pyroar? I fear that this deck would have a hard time with, if not an autoloss to the big cat. Perhaps you could use something along the lines of Abomasnow or Beartic, even Vaporeon to counter such a thing? Butterfree isn't a counter in itself, for you will simply die by his hand before you can OHKO the darned thing.

Leafeon? I know it has weakness, but it only needs 1 energy, and the enemy to have 6. (5 if you use Muscle Band.)

Maybe if you look AWAY from Butterfree, you'll solve those problems? Like y'know, Dusknoir or Empoleon?

Miltank doesn't always 2HKO. People play healing cards for that reason. Dusknoir as the stage2 support is far more convincing with miltank than butterfree, who just sits pretty once its out. Empoleon functions both as a draw engine and as a higher damage attacker, as well as a perfect counter to pyroar and Landorus EX, who one-shots miltank so easily with muscle band.

This is my current test build:

(18)
4 miltank
3-1-3 empoleon
2-1-2 dusknoir
1 exeggcute
1 sawk

6 water

(13)
4 Juniper
3 N
1 Shauna
3 skyla
2 colress

(24)
4 ultra ball
2 level ball (or fan club; still insufficient testing)
4 rare candy
4 muscle band
2 escape rope
2 maxpotion
1 switch
1 super rod
1 energy retrieval
1 prof letter
1 dowsing machine

^ This sort of build was what I had in mind with Miltank. Butterfree is excellent for getting a T1 100 (with a Muscle Band) on the board. That kind of strength is incredible. However, Butterfree really doesn't do much afterwards. I was thinking of playing DCE for the Keldeo/Blastoise matchup, but against anything else, she isn't very good.

SF: I think while a 4-4-4 line is very consistent for a T1 Butterfree, it's also very clunky. I'd consider dropping that to a 3-3-3 line or even a 2-2-2 line because you can search out Caterpie and Metapod with Level Ball (you should run four) and get going that way. This way, you have room for creativity like Roarkiller has - Empoleon is excellent against Pyroar, and Dusknoir keeps the damage moving.

Just a few thoughts.

Hmm.
I could cut 2-2-2 on the Butterfree line, find space for candy, and then run a 2-1-2 Empoleon line or something. Thoughts?

Butterfree is still a good idea. However, the deck should not remain as a one-trick pony; that's why I added dusknoir, and if not for space, I'd bump it up to 3-1-3, although I can drop the max potions for them.

Another idea, if you don't want to include candies, is bronzong and lasers. It stops healing and lets dusknoir do its work more efficiently.

Back