• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

They see me Friendin', they hatin' (Miltank / Butterfree)

RE: They see me Friendin', they hatin' (Miltank/Butterfree)

AlexanderTheAwesome said:
Ironman131 said:
It has the potential to do at the most 120 damage, thats if you draw into all four pokemon or get them from searching. Odds are there will not be a turn one buttrefree. It will take a alot of luck for this deck to set up as soon as you guys think it will set up. It needs a combination of 5 cards in the first 8 cards to be affective. Those odds are not that great.

Dude do you not know what supporters do. Not to mention there is so much search going on in here. And you're assuming that you'll go first. Garbodor in no way wrecks this deck.
Ok let's go with your scenario
T2 Garbodor
Startling megaphone
Butterfree
One Garbodor is not an issue.
I mean realistically is this deck amazing. Probably not.
But I think you're underestimating what the search engines (and supporters lol) can do nowadays
And there is like 12 different pokemon searching cards in this deck alone. Darkrai Yveltal Garb decks have usually only 3 ultra balls sableye and dowsing machine.

I don't think turn 1 butter free is hard to obtain, 4 level ball and 3 ultra ball, with a 3-2-3 line of butterfree, you don't play rare candy but your only ambition is the turn 1, with 15 cards total just for butterfree getting a piece of miltanks lover is worth it.

2 profs letter is a play, especially if your going to likely only run 4-5 basic energy tops, it lets you get away with more tech room for consistency.

Imo miltank/greninja is better.

I think I'll -1 Letter for +1 Druddigon, in the case that I have to smash something up.
It's nice to see discussion! :D

For ANY deck running Garbodor, a T2 Garbodor is somewhat of a priority (and not difficult to do all) if the opponent needs to leverage any of her/his Poke's Abilities...

TuxedoBlack said:
For ANY deck running Garbodor, a T2 Garbodor is somewhat of a priority (and not difficult to do all) if the opponent needs to leverage any of her/his Poke's Abilities...

Turn 2 literally won't matter in this deck. The objective is To and it is very easy to obtain. And even if you only get out metapod T2 butterfree can still be obtained.

I do realise what supporters can do but, at the same time you need a combonation of five cards in order to even attack, Miltank Carterpie, metapod, butterfree, and enenrgy. How often when playing a stage two deck do you get all three stages of the evolution in the first hand or even the second hand.

I search them, a majority of the trainers either search or draw. I only need them by turn 2 tbh :/

Turn two is a little more reasonable. I just dont see you having all the cards you need turn one to evolve and attack, i know you have a lot of search power but that dosent mean you will get that search power as well as all the other cards you need.

Ironman131 said:
I do realise what supporters can do but, at the same time you need a combonation of five cards in order to even attack, Miltank Carterpie, metapod, butterfree, and enenrgy. How often when playing a stage two deck do you get all three stages of the evolution in the first hand or even the second hand.

With a 4-4-4 line of butterfree and 12 deck searching cards I think this will be the easiest way possible to get a T1 butterfree and I think it will happen in most games. The odds of having all of the necessary cards isn't extremely high. With darkrai only running 4 ultra ball and 6 tools and only a 2-2 line of Garb you'd think it would be much harder to get a T2 let alone a T3 Garb.

So your saying it would be difficult to have all the cards you need by turn two. It is less cards then you would need to set up butterfree and miltank with an energy on it. Garbador, trubbish, some sort of tool, and main pokemon by turn two is not that crazy, especialy if you start out with sableye and junk hunt for the ultra balls to set up. Even if sableye gets taken out soon after that I will give up a single prize to have my yveltal and garbador set up turn two. Good bye miltank

Ironman131 said:
So your saying it would be difficult to have all the cards you need by turn two. It is less cards then you would need to set up butterfree and miltank with an energy on it. Garbador, trubbish, some sort of tool, and main pokemon by turn two is not that crazy, especialy if you start out with sableye and junk hunt for the ultra balls to set up. Even if sableye gets taken out soon after that I will give up a single prize to have my yveltal and garbador set up turn two. Good bye miltank

In DarkGarb, you have 4 ultra ball, 2 Garb 2 Trubbish, 6 tools, and 1 dowsing machine (not including sableye as it wont get T2), which is about 25% of your deck to get the stuff you need. Also the above deck generally only uses 8-10 supporters with 2 bike and 2 RR.
In this deck, you have 9 balls, 3 PFC, a 4-4-4 line of Butterfree and 4 Milktank plus dowsing machine. That above is just under 50% of the decklist. And the decklist also has 13 supporters.

Garb needs Trubbish benched, which may need 1 ultra ball, and another ultra ball for Garb, and 1 of 6 (but honestly 3 cuz nobody be using a muscle band on a Garb) tools. And starting the game with a trubbish is like a 4% chance
The odds of starting the game with active Milktank are about 15%. Yes caterpie may be the same odds, but with a 30% chance of starting with a basic means that for every 7 cards you should get 1 basic. One of those basics are going to be either caterpie or Milktank. Then it shouldn't be too hard to get the rest of the line up as you also should have an evo of butterfree in your hand as again 8 metapods and butterfree equal 1 out of 7 cards. Grass/DCE would be the same and as long as you have 1 more searching/Supporter card you should be able to get out a T1 Butterfree quite efficiently.

If you want I can playtest you on PTCGO when the set comes out or on PlayTCG this week as they are updated with Flashfire. I have tried out the deck since and have gotten a T1 butterfree 5/6 times. 2/3 were with an active miltank and 1/2 were with a muscle band. With supporters on top of all of the useful trainers it made the setup easier.

I have attached a muscle band onto a garbador before. If thats the only tool you have and your looking down against a black kyurem with a blastoise on the bench you are going to do what ever you can to turn off deluge. You can run level balls with garbador to get that trubbish out. What are you going to do after i have a turn two yveltal set up that could easily KO your miltank. are you going to rely on continuing to draw into miltank.

Ironman131 said:
I have attached a muscle band onto a garbador before. If thats the only tool you have and your looking down against a black kyurem with a blastoise on the bench you are going to do what ever you can to turn off deluge. You can run level balls with garbador to get that trubbish out. What are you going to do after i have a turn two yveltal set up that could easily KO your miltank. are you going to rely on continuing to draw into miltank.

But against pokemon with 120 HP (aspertia) and only 1 energy and Virizion EX (only adding this because Scorched Feathers doesn't own one I assume and would be really good for the deck), you will need to do Evil Ball to OHKO me.
And with about 12-15 search cards with this deck a stream of Milktank shouldn't be too difficult. My version of the deck runs life dew and Super rod/sacred ash so there will always be a milktank out on the field.
As for Blastoise yes I would do that, but that deck OHKO's things whereas this deck 2OHKO's things.
And I have not played a current version of DarkGarb that runs level ball as it literally would only get out sableye and trubbish, which at most is like 3 cards in your deck. And as you don't run skyla I assume why would 1 level ball help you as oppose to this deck's 3-3-3 line and PFC? I don't see how you can say that the odds of a T2 Garb is more then equivalent than to that of a T1 or even a T2 Butterfree / Miltank.
Please do not forget this isn't a competitive deck. When I used it online before I only won twice, once I played a bad round deck, and another was plasma who couldn't setup in time. I did play 2 Darkgarbs who didn't even try to set up Garb early game as they knew it would hurt Dark Cloak for them. Once they saw a virizion EX/Mr. mime then they went for the Garb.
And as this deck only runs 1 scrapper/megaphone, they steamrolled me from there on.

I try to set up garb as soon as possible because of the many abilities that can hurt the deck. You dont go into the game knowing what your playing and even if you start with a miltank you dont know where that will lead.

Ironman131 said:
I try to set up garb as soon as possible because of the many abilities that can hurt the deck. You dont go into the game knowing what your playing and even if you start with a miltank you dont know where that will lead.

Ok that's just you
Not everyone does that
And the metsgame isn't purely you. There's no reason to change the list just because one person says they can beat the deck by playing such and such deck in such and such way to ensure a way. It obv doesn't matter what we say to you because it seems as if you won't accept any of our conclusions that are not equivalent to yours. Even if you get T2 Garb that doesn't matter (which we've tried to explain multiple times to you) so if you could please take a step back from this thread for the moment until you'd be willing to open your eyes that'd be great.
Thank you for your input though.

If you are playing garb you set it up as quickly as you can. Thats the whole reason to laying garb. I was mearly trying to point out a weakness this deck will have.

What about adding 1-1 or 1-2 Aromatisse?

EDIT: And change all the Grass energy for Fairy, just use 1-2 Prism. So that Butterfree works like a Xerneas (Geomancy).

EDIT2: Because Butterfree's second attack is... bad... just bad for 3 energy.

Eron said:

EDIT: And change all the Grass energy for Fairy, just use 1-2 Prism. So that Butterfree works like a Xerneas (Geomancy).

Yes, because Prism works on Stage 2s... :p You meant Rainbow, I believe? XD

Wow, guys, with the Garbodor conversation: Stop. It's meaningless to continuously argue over this. Some decks have counters, and those decks might have counters to their counters. If you play Garbodor, you try to get it up quickly, and you usually do get it from turn two to turn five and anything in between -- It's fine. Some decks are are even fine with that as they play Lysandre and KO it, or even better, Scrapper and explode their field with all their abilities. No need to argue this -- it's just how it is. If you want to continue this conversation, take it to PM or Profile. Please.

Eron said:

It kind of defeats the purpose of the deck, which is to use Miltank to 2HKO pokemon. I dont think that your opponent would attack you with any water pokemon in general because of Butterfree. With band it does do 180 to Keldeo EX. I don't see using Butterfree at all being helpful besides for the effect of having a stage 2 on T1/T2.
Edit: Kecleon-X changed topic back to the original deck, sorry for the rant.

Back