• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

They see me Friendin', they hatin' (Miltank / Butterfree)

I'm against completely dropping Butterfree because of how important the first-turn 80 is. If you're going second, you'll know how big of a deal this is. If you're first, you get another turn to get set up and maybe add the Empoleon/Dusknoir support, but getting the early damage is imperative.

Don't play Shiftry. Chances that you'll have Shiftry out (should not be first priority) and a spare Grass in hand are slim.

Hey guys! I just got on these boards. I'm very interested in making this deck work, so here are a couple things I want to show:

The first thing I wanted to show was a recent video by The Top Cut.
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEA6xYIj6V0[/video]

Also, here's the current build I'm experiementing with:
4 Caterpie
4 Metapod
4 Butterfree
4 Miltank
1 Druggidon
2 Seedot
2 Nuzleaf
2 Shiftry

4 Lysandre
4 Professor Sycamore
4 Shauna
1 Pokemon Fan Club

4 Muscle Band
4 Ultra Ball
4 Great Ball
1 Sacred Ash
1 Pad Pal
1 Evosoda
1 Startling Megaphone

6 Grass Energy
4 Double Colorless Energy

This is by no means optimized, but I'm seeing how certain cards play out in this type of deck. If I were to go to a tournament with this deck, It'd look more like this:

4 Caterpie
4 Metapod
4 Butterfree
4 Miltank
1 Druggidon

4 Lysandre
4 Professor Sycamore
4 Shauna
1 Pokemon Fan Club

4 Muscle Band
4 Hypnotoxic Laser
4 Ultra Ball
4 Great Ball
1 Level Ball
1 Sacred Ash
1 Pad Pal
1 Startling Megaphone

6 Grass Energy
4 Double Colorless Energy

I'm not sure where Pad Pal and Sacred Ash will end up when it's all said and done, but this is pretty close to what I would bring.

I've been writing about this deck for quite a while. You can read more about my thoughts on the deck here.

I edited out your link, for it's against the rules to link to a site that has some of the same material that we do. By the way, please post this in a different thread if you would like to have help on your own deck, as it is akin to thread-thievery. Thanks! ~Kecleon

I just got into pokemon with my son and for a budget deck this is perfect I believe.

I was toying with running Delphox in there with some fire energy to be able to have a potential strong back up to maybe handle a pyroar basic issue (3 fire + muscle band is a nice 130) plus you get that ability to draw cards until you have 6 in hand

Also wanted to sneak slurpuff in there to protect from all conditions.

Hope i dint just hijack. Just more fuel to the fire for this miltank deck.

Also. Consider swellow in place of one the above to switch opponents pokemon

Im only using xy cards thats what i started collecting.

I woudn't be using anything other than Miltank and Stage 2s in the deck, and I really feel like Swellow/Slurpuff wouldn't be fast enough for it. I would faster consider Shiftry over Delphox, since I wouldn't require the fire tech to draw cards.

So, I think I'm personally gonna use Empoleon. Do you guys think this would be the best choice or not?

Yeah, I mean, give it a try, and if that doesn't turn out, just use something else. ;) A bit obvious, though. XD

Archeops/Pyroar is just gg for this deck.

For this purpose, i'd throw in a 1-1 mega khang line, since it's splashable into pretty much any deck.

Swafflong64 said:

For this purpose, i'd throw in a 1-1 mega khang line, since it's splashable into pretty much any deck.

Well, not really, if he eventually throws in Empoleon... e.e

Luispipe8 said:
Swafflong64 said:

Didn't notice that to be honest..

Luispipe8 said:
Swafflong64 said:

Didn't notice that to be honest..

Alright so I have a couple ideas on how to really emphasize what this deck seems to have the most of and that is early game dominance :D

First off keep in mind that I am making the changes here considering that (yes, honestly and sadly, as this deck is awesome) you will never make it to your 15th turn, and if you dont have a huge advantage by at least turn 5 then the deck runs out of steam incredibly quickly, soooo here goes:

Pokemon
-1 Mr. Mime
Mr. Mime in my opinion is a little counterintuitive to the deck with the reason being that it is trying to protect the fragile caterpies in your bench. Simply put though, you dont want to bench any caterpies in the first place unless you are sure that it will get into a butterfree that very turn and once its a butterfree Mr. Mime kind of loses a lot of it's power for protecting the smaller targets in the bench

Trainers
+2 Colress
You want the N's early game, but again this deck is meant to hit hard or go home and when you hit hard you will run through your prizes quickly, the greater the game goes on (turn 1+) the better alternative colress will be to N as your bench will fill up rather quickly (in your case only, a good late game N could be used to disrupt an opponent's hand)

-3 Pokemon Fan Club
+3 Random Receiver
The card acceleration + the added search engines in the deck will make you see that playing a more useful supporter to accelerate card draw is a much better alternative. Also in a speedy deck like this you will need a juniper/N/Colress every. single. turn.

-2 Shauna
+1 Lysandre
Colress is a much better alternative to shauna and lysandre will secure you many kills with this deck

+1 Ultra Ball
+1 Level Ball
-2 Evosoda
Gotta get those bugs ASAP, but evosoda doesn't really emphasize accelerated evolution on a card that can evolve as soon as it is put down, so trade those two evosodas for more flexibility on your pokemon searches with the extra ultra and level ball.

-2 Great Ball
Not that great of a card to begin with and can fail to get any pokemon at all at times so the card just ends up taking space in your deck

-2 Max Potion
In a format with 1 hit KO's, a 100 HP miltank will, sadly but surely, be 1 hit KO'd, so max potions become pretty space taking. If your intention was for the butterfrees, it's your choice if you want to keep 1 potion or not but keep in mind that your butterfrees will only take damage when they are in the bench via opponent snipes. If you attack with a butterfree for whatever reason than you would be max potion-ing 3 energies or 1 energy and a DCE down the drain. Overall, -2 Max Potions would be the better choice instead of just -1

-2 Professor's Letter
You dont really need to get energies in your hand asap. But if you are worried you might come across a time where you are at an energy drought then the card acceleration cards im putting in should help with that. IMO only put professor's letters in decks with strong energy acceleration or decks that have strong basic energy synergy.

-1 Startling Megaphone
I know this is for the garbador matchup (of course I dont REALLY know if it is or not but I am kind of just guessing), and if it is then the bad news is that there is no follow up card to this. Discarding a garbador's tools by only having one of these would save you for maybe 1 turn (2 if you are lucky), but your opponent would prioritize getting another tool out onto garbador and locking your adaptive evolution again. So I would say to cut this card out as it does not really accomplish what you wish for against garbador decks. On the other hand, if you are worried about muscle band, then MAYBEEEE keep the megaphone. That's a completely big maybe because chances are your fragile pokemon (yes they all have low hp) won't live through certain EX attacks with or without the muscle band.

+1 Switch
Gotta get that caterpie/metapod/butterfree out of the active tho (for any reason)

-2 Aspertia City Gym
Trust me when I say from the bottom of my heart that +20 hp on miltank will not make a difference :( :( :(
especially when LOTS of other people also run other stadiums so keep in mind this card will probably be discarded.

+4 Roller Skates
+4 Bicycle
+1 Super Rod
This is (surprisingly) where your T1 Powerful Friends will come from, as a speed based deck, roller skates will for sure be completely worth it as getting 2 heads out of the 4 total coin flips in every card will net you 6 cards and your opponent will be very sad to find out that you haven't even played a supporter. Bicycle synergizes so well with ultra ball and speedy decks. These two trainers (Roller Skates and Bicycle) should compensate for the lack of lots of draw based supporters while still being able to refresh your hand alot with colress, N, and Juniper. Also you need super rod because you run stage 2's and you dont want them to be sent to the graveyard (AKA the discard pile), so you just gotta bring 'em back to life.

Energy
-1 Double Colorless
Yes it will be VERY RARE when you attack with butterfree, and yes it will happen, but 3 energies devoted to a rare occasion for a pokemon that should not attack is sadly not the route you should take. But I acknowledge that the occasion WILL come up so having only 2 would still be great with an 8.

-1 Grass Energy
Speaking of 8, 10 energies just comes out to be too much. you need one energy to attack, and lets say you prize 2 or maybe 3 energies (though unlikely), you've still got low energy costs, super duper card acceleration to get what you want, and a super rod for your bringing back energies from the discard pile.

And that's what I thought would compliment your deck :)
reply if you aren't convinced about something or unsure of anything and i would be happy to help you :D
P.S. Your deck is coming along great
P.S.S. I left out one spot open for your imagination to run wild, but I'll add some personal recommendations just in case:
+1 Muscle Band
+1 Virizion EX
+1 Startling Megaphone (if you really want to)
+1 Escape Rope
+1 Double Colorless (If you see Butterfree attacks as something PART of the deck as a whole)
+1 Druddigon (if you play in a heavy dragon meta or if you like the idea of a DCE next turn revenge kill)​

Good Luck with your deck!!

Back