Writing The Unfinished Page (A simple Pokémon-Related contest for all writers. Round 4 over on 11/22!)

RE: The Unfinished Page (A simple Pokémon-Related contest for all writers. Round 3 Entry is due 11/3/09!)

Can I still join?

RE: The Unfinished Page (A simple Pokémon-Related contest for all writers. Round 3 Entry is due 11/3/09!)

Yes, you may, though note you're going to start at zero points. You can still make it though.

Okay, just one more question. The people from the rowboat are physically ON the island right? I'm having a little trouble following.

People, you're slacking:

Writer #1 said:
However, if Jaden had learned anything over the past five years of his fifteen year old life, it was that hope was never lost until your heart had stopped. He stood at the edge of the shoreline, face and hair drenched from the violent wake of the choppy sea waves. His keen eyes scanned the ocean laid out like a bright turquoise blanket, whipping violently in the harsh wind under the slaughter of the storm. The ocean was his world and his ship was his chariot. It was all his.

The great beast burst its head above the waters again, and then dove back underneath, creating an enormous wave which surged through the waters towards the shoreline where the survivors stood, looking on in horror. The next time the monster’s head appeared above the waters, Jaden was ready. He wasted no time in unzipping a small leather pouch slung around his waste and producing two Poke Balls. These he hurled into the air, and two red beams of light shot out into the water and two Pokemon, a Lanturn and an Empoleon were released.

“Empoleon! Swim under the beast and slice the most vulnerable spot you can find with an Ice Blade attack!” He exclaimed, “Lanturn! You use Zap Cannon attack!”

No sooner were the words out of their master’s mouth than the Pokemon immediately complied with their orders and darted off through the waters towards the beast. Lanturn waited until it saw Empoleon a good ways off to launch a Zap Cannon attack at the large creature. It struck dead on and the monster screamed in pain and anger. It immediately began to charge speedily towards Lanturn, but was cut off suddenly by an incredible ripple of pain in its left fin. This sudden imbalance caused it to veer suddenly out of its path and to finally collapse in painful agony into the depths of the dark waters.

The two Pokemon whom had taken down the monster swam slowly back to the shoreline until they waded at their master’s feet, but he didn’t notice them. His eyes were locked at the place where the monster had disappeared beneath the waves. All around him, the survivors were rejoicing merrily, thanking the Water Spirits for the gift of their deliverance from the beast. They were after all the People of the Water, and figured the spirits deserved to be praised for any good occurrence.

But Jaden held no place in the rejoicing. He watched with ardent eyes the dark mass that was the creature slither away beneath the waters. Sighing heavily, he brushed a tuft of deep black hair out of his sapphire blue eyes and turned away from the sight. Then Jaden, former captain of the Lapras Queen trotted slowly away from the scene, ignoring the festivities going on around him. If there were ever a time not to rejoice it would be then. He knew something the others didn’t. Suddenly, he was confronted by…

Writer #2 said:
The waves were an onslaught, like gunfire in war. They bombarded the sands with their backbreaking force propelled by the long whipping tail of the beast. The man on the phone line franticly pressing the buttons as he heard his fellow survivor being brought out to see from the waves. He knew they were leaving from the gurgled sound of water rushing down their windpipe drowning them, only slowing them down, for the beast to finish it.

The fellowship of the vessel had rushed with the other islanders back, farther onto the beach. Other screams could be heard farther down the shore, a second monster was attacking the island. Eroding the sand, their life rubbing away, similar to the rocky grains of sand falling into the sea. They climbed to higher ground. Closer towards the volcano. When one small boy pointed out in the distance “, It’s a tsunami!”

Everyone’s head had been turned towards it. It had seemed that the sea was punishing Cinnabar Island; it’s guards, the mighty beasts of the sea, and the winds, messengers on land. A warning to stay off its land, and that it was nothing in comparison to its unmatchable strength.

The Tsunami hit with no act of mercy. Building were crushed and brought out like food to the two hideous animals waiting like pets, it started to climb the island, higher and higher, creeping up on the survivors of the sea. Finally, like a cobra, it snagged onto its prey, a small girl’s legs, and held fast as he was pulled off his feet tumbling back into the ocean hitting rock after rock, and hearing the terrified call of her mother, yelling in mercy for the sea to return her child.

The girl managed to open her eyes. She was floating underwater, the beats were circling her, she had very little breath and energy left. Their beady red eyes pierced through her own with their hatred. But then they just left. They made a horrible roar, and started to propel away with their tails. The girl was confused, but also a bit happy about this, for she felt almost calm as death took her in, easily and open armed….

Her eyes, opened, again, they were in a small bubble. Yes a huge bubble surrounding her body. She was aching all over from her wounds, she felt so light too, so free. She must’ve been dead, but it didn’t seem too horrible. But she popped the bubble and floated out into the room.

It was an undersea castle, quite a strange heaven, but she was okay with the Sea. And she was even told this story, how 2 Wailord were sent to find her, and return her, but as they failed they resorted to a wave to bring her back and rescue their Princess of the Sea. She looked at herself as a Manaphy, she believed this was heaven, but just smiled and nodded at the two young Phione, ecstatic to see her.

Writer #3 said:
Suddenly, quick, nimble footsteps were heard. Both the survivors and the monster looked towards the other end of the beach. A tiny, bright yellow figure burst from the dim light and jumped towards the sky. Only its silhouette was visible in the sunlight, but even from that, the survivors could tell that it was a Pichu. The Pichu raised its hand into a fist and brought it down on the monster. It seemed to have no effect, and the monster threw its long, slim body around and threw the Pichu to the ground. The Pichu jumped back up and raised its hand above its head, and chanted something in Pokémon language. Out of nowhere, a thunderbolt struck the monster, and it fell to the ground, defeated. The survivors looked around for the Pichu to thank it, but it was long gone.

RE: The Unfinished Page (A simple Pokémon-Related contest for all writers. Round 3 is over! Begin judging!)

Yeah, that's right, I'm slacking. lol, I do it next time since I probably won't be as busy.

RE: The Unfinished Page (A simple Pokémon-Related contest for all writers. Round 3 is over! Begin judging!)

Only 3 entries? I thought this thing was more popular...

No, just blame slackers. -_-

Seriously. How can you expect to keep this competition up if you people aren't trying?

Wait? Is this thing still going on or no? It got taken off of the Stickied threads list. Please keep it going! I'll keep entering stuff! I don't want this to die!:(

I'm sorry, but unless I can get everyone back (I mean, only three last time?) or at least up to five, this isn't really going to work.

But if new people join now, they'll be behind. However, I wouldn't mind starting a new one if more people would work on it.

I'll do my part. And that's all I can do.

Come on, keep it going. I was aware of the contest, but I didn't have enough time to do it -_-

Zyflair, if there are still too few members for this, could I join?

Cool, we've got at least a few people that still want this thing alive. You can count on me to stick to it to the bitter end lol.

If you insist.

Next round starts tomorrow. Get ready to write.

Results my friends!

Eevee:
First place - Writer #1
Second place - Writer #2
Third place - Writer #3

Twilight ShayminLvr:
First place - Writer #2
Second place - Writer #1
Third place - Writer #3

Charizard88
First place - Writer #2
Second place - Writer #1
Third place - Writer #3

And that means:
Writer #1 - 18 Points
Writer #2 - 21 Points
Writer #3 - 9 Points

Writer #2 is the winner of Round 3!
And as for the Writer's Identity:

Writer #1 - Daren
Writer #2 - charidude
Writer #3 - 42 chocolate

Congrats, charidude! Three rounds left! You guys better get ready to write the next section! You've got until 11/21! GO!

(Continuation task is on OP if you don't remember what to continue off of).

Yippee! I win! I'll try my hardest again!

Great job Charidude :D. I will also do my best this round!

First three posts in this page one a round. Just sayin...

Good job Charidude. And BTS Zyflair, you might want to update the title to tell us when it is over.

Lemee get this straight..

Does the girl just think she is a Manaphy, or is she actually a Manaphy?

She is still human. But everyone else around her is a Manaphy.

Wait. Correction. I read it over agin. She is a Manaphy and everyone else is Phione.

Back