The Student Lounge Thread

Thanks! Wish me luck ;) Four songs. Four tomorrow, but a test session tonight. Good luck to the 13 year old musician! (ME) :3

Well, I is almost over with my first year of middle school. It's such a huge difference..>.> My middle school sucks. People are already "dating" (which basically means hugging each other in front of other people) and a popular crowd. Moving next year, hope it's better.

Let me tell you now, dating will get a lot worse than just "hugging". It's something you have to deal with eventually.
Try not to have a negative outlook at new things during school, my first year of High School looked terrible considering that the high school itself was gigantic and confusing, and I barely knew anyone in many of my classes. But I got used to it and made dozens of good friends over the years. Trust me, you're going to love school in it's later years. Best time of your life!

My school has its first graduating class this year, 100% are going to four year colleges and and one third of that is going out of states (Including one at Cal Polytech with scholarship, and one with a full ride to Duke). Most others have full rides to the in states schools like ASU, U of A, and NAU.

I'm so annoyed with my History teacher this week though, he decided to put everything in the last week of regular school. I'm just glad that we only have two regular days left, and then three of finals for the rest of the year.

High School>>>>>>>>>>>>>Middle School.
Middle School dating's really not a big deal whatsoever. Those relationships never last... it's much better just to not get caught up in that until high school, it's a lot more comfortable.

High School's so much fun. the people aren't dumb, and they're not just jerks for no reason... so much better.

Congrats go to the student with a free ride to Duke, he/she must have worked hard. I've got a full ride (excluding food and things like that) to Western Kentucky University (so close to home!) thanks to my ACT score, along with years of a state college-bound type program. Woot

Hello! I am currently working on a 10 page research project on the Ocean Environment :/ I'm a junior in high school, and this is basically my final. Oh, and I am already starting to study for finals even though they are June 12-15. My parents said I am allowed to have the access to the car the whole summer if I get all B's or above. That means locals for Pokemon/Yugioh all summer, makes life much easier, because I would usually just go to football at 5:30 am-7:30 am, then be home all day, unless one of my friends could drive us to the beach or somewhere like that. Right now I have all B's, so I just need to sustain it. Some of you might think B's aren't that good, and I should go for A's, well in all the last semester's I have had at least 1 F,and 1 D, so this is a major improvement.

@Shuckle the Snail: Wow.....When do you get out of school? I got out yesterdy. LOL.
By the way, ShadowLugia, recording session went well. I'm going to record four songs today :3

Congrats! I'd love to hear some of your recordings. What all do you play?
Music is a time-consuming hobby, so it's hard to balance with school. Summer would be perfect to relax and think up some new material. In fact, summer is perfect for just about anything...

Went to Hershey Park yesterday! Awesome place (I love candy)!

I still have a few more weeks of school

SS: 98.3 % A
Journalism: 86.5 % B (needs to be updated)
Algebra: 86.9 % B
English: 88.7 % B
PE: 100 % A
Science: 86.3 % B (again, needs to be updated)
Chorus: 97.2 % A

I hate my awful grades....

I have had all A's this year in Algebra, including the exam, so I really want straight A's.

Went to Dorney Park yesterday.

Pouring rain FTW

Yeah, they closed down all the rides 3 times while we where there. 2 of the 3 we were waiting in line.

Also lost 20 bux :(

But still had a good time.

Honor society ceremony is on Wednesday, so I get to leave school afterwards, then Field Day on Tuesday next week.

This summer, I'm planning on learning how to play like three more instruments.

I love when there is no school!

My grades look like total... You know what I mean. At least they're better than my last semester grades. My goal is to have 4.0 GPA by the end of this year since I've never had it before.

Current Grades:
Multimedia - A+ 100%
Music - A+ 97%
Physics - A+ 98 %
Math - A 96%
Humanities/Social Studies - B+ 88%
Total GPA: 3.86

Last semester's grades:
Mandarin - C+ 79%
Math - F 51%
Physics - C 73 %
Humanities - B- 81 %
Total GPA: 1.3

My list of stuff to do in hols:
Muck about
Be lazy
Play DS(Pokemon White)
Play PSP(IF PSN EVER comes back online)
.....Some other stuff:p

Some dude at my school said we get tutor homework!
AND they said its a project! We get barely any free time at my school, e.g. - Easter hols - Homework total = 7 pieces!
Thats rough......WAY too rough....(I'm only in year 7, or 7th grade for the Americans:))

@Glaceon - W-O-W! Those grades are AMAZING!

DarkraiK.O {D}

They showed the scholarship numbers for my district this year. My school, with its first graduating class of 29 has a total of 2.2 million dollars. What's funny is that the other schools have totals of 4.6-8 million dollars with 600+ students at their schools.

/me is glad he doesn't go to the other schools.

Have like 18 and a half days of school left.But I really hate school!

Well, since everyone is posting their grades, I think that I will too.

Going into finals:

Honors English 8 93.6% A
Geometry 92.5% A
Choir 96.5% A+
Latin II 98.1% A+
Social Studies 8 94.3% A
Boys PE 8 96.8% A+
Honors Science 8 92.5% A

GPA: 4.0

Technically, everything is an honors class at my school, but we don't weight grades.

I'm not going to bother to post my grades this year. They are all high 90s. Next year however, I'm going to try harder.

Back