BW/BW2 The Nuzlocke Challenge Thread

pokemon99 said:
You could just walk around and make sure he hatches in a City / Town....

I could have, but I didnt want it to hatch in a town where i could use surf or headbutt to get something better than togepi. But it doesnt matter anymore because Whitney completely destroyed me.. :( So I guess I'm gunna start a new name with cyndaquil and name her Cyndi.
HOLY CRAP!!!! I was SRing for a female Cyndaquil and I got a SHINY Totodile!! So now I guess Im going to do it with Totodile
RIP: Spooksalot(Gastly), Chompz(Crocanaw), and my newly caught Thoothless(Ratatta). You will be missed.

Update​

I just got to Azalea. So far Ive only lost one pokemon, a Rattata named Nomnomnom.

My Team So Far:

HgssPkmnShiny_158.png
Chomperz
HgssPkmn_19.png
Nomnomnom2
HgssPkmn_69.png
Slice! (HM Slave)
HgssPkmn_74.png
Mr.Lumpy (HM Slave)
Dead:
HgssPkmn_19.png
Nomnomnom. He died from a NidoranM's Double Kick

Edit: Bugsy completly ruined me :( stupid U-Turn

Alright, I started a Nuzlocke on my Shaphire game last night. So far my team is...

SPEEDBOOST (Combusken) Lv16
SWIPER (Zigzagoon) Lv11
TOAD (Shroomish) Lv15
JELLY (Wingull) Lv11
WORMPAULIN (Cascoon) Lv9
TWEETY (Taillow) Lv11

Boxed:
BOOM (Wismur) Lv6

Dead:
None

Right now I'm just level grinding to get everyone to level 15 for the gym because I don't want to lose anyone, even though Jelly and Toad should take care of everything. I don't want them to get too far ahead.

The rules I'm playing with:
The Big 3
You can't get duplicates. This is basically how I got my Shroomish :p

EDIT: Wow, I'm getting a lot of great items from Zigzagoon's Pick Up. Lots of Super Potions and things like that, especially this early in the game.

EDIT 2: Dang, Full Restores and Nuggets from Pick Up? This guy is awesome.

Anyways, I'll battle the first gym soon and update then.

Update

This is on a Silver ROM. I will be grinding EVERYTHING in my party until it is about 5 levels above the GL.

My Rules!!!

- Any Pokémon that faints is considered dead, and must be PERMANENTLY BOXED.
- I must catch the FIRST Pokemon in each area, UNLESS I already have caught it as my 1 pokemon per route
- All pokemon MUST be nicknamed
- Considering a black out/white out to be "game over," even if there are Pokémon left in the PC.
- Limiting Pokémon Center visits to a certain number per town. 2
- I MAY use more PokeCenters, but I must pay a $400 Fine each time (Discard 2 PokeBalls)
- Rather than releasing the Pokémon, it can be migrated or permanently boxed should it happen to faint.
- Legendaries may be caught (For use after the Nuzlocke), BUT must be PERMANENTLY Boxed!
- Pokemon presented to me in the storyline MAY be used, and WILL NOT Count as my pokemon for that route (Eg. Lake of Rage G-dos)

PokeCenter Tally
CherryGrove City - 1
Violet City - 2 + 1
Union Cave - 2
Azalea Town - 2 + 1
Goldenrod - 2

Pokemon Per Route
Route 29 - N/A (No Pokeballs Yet)
Route 30 - N/A (No Pokeballs)
Route 31 - Bacchus (Bellsprout)
Route 32 - Kampe (Ekans)
Route 33 - Aeolus (Spearrow)
Route 34 - Janus (Hypno)
Route 35 -
Violet City (Sprout Tower) - Faunus (Ratatta)
Violet City (Prof.'s Aide) - Athena (Togepi)
Ruins of Alph - None seen yet
Union Cave - Terra (Geodude)
SlowPoke Well - Somnus (Zubat)
Ilex Forest - Aquilon (Kakuna)

Badges
Zephyr badge
Hive Badge
Plain Badge

In Storage
Somnus (Zubat) lv.5
Aeolus (Spearrow) lv.6
Aquilon (Kakuna) lv.6

My Losses
Terra (Geodude) lv.19 (Lost to a Critical hit by Whitney's Miltank :()

Current Team
Jupiter (Quilava) lv.22
Bacchus (Bellsprout) lv.16
Janus (Hypno) Lv.13
Kampe (Ekans) lv.11
Faunus (Ratatta) lv.10
Athena (Togepi) lv.10

AH found it. anyway. NEW GAME NEW NUZLOCKE:

just lost once so restarting i have

SHELLDISH (oshawott)...ya ive only beat my first rival lol

Time to breath new life to this. :D I've temporarily put my Diamond Nuzlocke on hiatus for the moment to wait until the Black/White newness wears off (which it will eventually...). For now, I've started my Black Nuzlocke.

I almost lost to the first fight with Cheren with 2 HP remaining. I would have been forced to ragequit from those crit Tackles. :F

But obviously I won (barely), so I'm now about to face the 1st Gym Leader. XD

495.gif

SNIVELLUS Lv.15

506.gif

PIE-FACE Lv.15

506.gif

L-LOLLIPOP Lv.15

515.gif

WATERBOY Lv.15

(Most of these are references to something. You get cookie++ if you figure them out.)

So anyway, yeah. I wanted to start with Snivy because I personally think he's the hardest to go through the game with. My thought process was that if I could complete a HG Nuzlocke with Chikorita, anything is possible. XD

Bring it on, Chili. I want to eat some chili now because that sounds tasty. His Lillipup took a little long to take down with my Panpour, but Pansear was a piece of cake. An easy 2HKO with Panpour. I'm going to be catching two/three more Pokemon on the way to Nacrene City, so let's hope I can pull a decent Pokemon that's good against Lenora because I think I would get wrecked right now. I'll most likely be grinding to at least 20 if not higher.

dmaster out.

looks like it just me and dmaster doing nuzlocke lol

ANYWAY ive made alot of progress (and i didnt get a single minute of sleep last night for some reason)

MY TEAM: (i dont want to go get all the sprites...and i forgot where to get them from)

SHELLDISH (dewott) 22
ROCKER (roggenrola) 22
PIDGEY (tranquill) 22
LILBUG (venipede YES I GOT VENIPEDE AS MY FIRST IN THE FOREST :D i can now finally own a scolipede...if he lives that long) 21

RIP
KITTEN (purrlion)
REDEYE (patrat)
FIREGUY (pansear...ya i was watching the office when i got him lol)

edit: I FORGOT TO PUT WHERE I AM lol i just beat the second gym and im chasing team plasma through the pinwheel forest

Yeah, I finally got around to starting one on my black as well. Started with Oshawatt because its the only starter I havent used yet. Im grinding out a few more levels before I face the 1st gym.

Otturd (Dewott) 17
Pastel (Pansear) 16
Sacrifice (Patrat) 10

Only using Patrat as something I can switch into. Its there to die if I need it to.

Edit - Where do you get the sprites from?

Whoops, sorry. Forgot the link lol. http://tinyurl.com/3j5bdtc

Pokemon Elite is good but they don't have the moving sprites and since this is Black and White and all, you might as well distinguish things.

I evolved both my dogs to Lv.16 so they evolved. That's pretty much all I did while I was at League was train until they're all Lv.16.

dmaster out.

OshawottFan said:
RedFoxFanatic:
Otturd(Dewott) 17
EXCUSE ME?! Lolz I am RAGIN :p

Not a big fan of any of the starters, then I let it die on accident because I was paying too much attention to the Butler VCU final four game. I got wrecked by a random Patrat's Bide, lol.

So now my team for the second gym leader is this:

Pascel 23 (Pansear)
Peanut 22 (Tranquill)
Besseh 20 (Woobat)
Sacrifice 11 (Patrat)

Hoping to sweep with Pascel by using Work Up and Rock Smash.

:'( arg some random dude wanted to trade and i was like um....well....i cant save and hes like so what ever lets just trade. and then i had to shut it off...I HATE STARTING OVER. sure they dont talk as much as the other games but its still about 5 minutes

Waterboy lol I need to name one of my Pokemon that. Now name the next Lucario you get Xenten.

I'm now at the 7th gym in Sapphire, but I'm level grinding. Here's my team, but I don't feel like getting out my game and telling you levels, but I'm gonna grind them all to Lv43 for the gym.

Speedboost (Combusken, it'll be a Blaziken soon enough) Blaziken's DW ability. Yay.
Jelly (Pelliper) Aeroplane Jelly.
Simba (Absol) That is the protagonist lion from Lion King, right? I'm pretty sure it is. If not, I'll fly back to Slateport.
Cannonball (Sharpedo) Since he's refered to as a Glass Cannon, why not name him Cannonball?
Toad (Breloom) If you've played almost any Mario game you're gonna get it.
Swiper (Linoone) SWIPER NO SWIPING! SWIPER NO SWIPING! SWIPER NO SWIPING! And better yet he has the Pick Up ability, making him swipe more things.

Well, thats the team. I only have 2 casualties so far, those being...

Dust Devil (Trapinch) He died while trying to run away from a Cacnea and he got crit'd with Mega Drain or something...
Its A Trap (Magnemite) He had Magnet Pull, and he died from some suprise crit from some trainer, I'm not entirely sure though.

I've been doing pretty well, and in the 3rd gym, a Voltorb blew up my Combusken leaving it with 4 HP. Yay.

Alright, Im at Nimbasa City now about to challenge the gym. Shouldnt be too tough considering Im pretty over leveled, but stupider stuff has happened already. Unfortunately Besseh (woobat) died. So my current team is now:

Simisear 32 (Pastel)
Darumaka 31 (Mono Fuego)
Tortuga 30 (Everlaster)
Petilil 30 (Lillil)
Tranquill 30 (Peanut)

Pretty terrible, but Im taking whatever Im handed.

Dead:
Otturd (Dewott)
Besseh (Woobat)
Sacrifice (Patrat)

Well, since my Soul Silver runs didnt go so well I decided to do one on my White. I just got into Accumla Town and my team is as follows:
495.gif
Spence lvl 8
506.gif
Bella Jean lvl 3

I'm hoping to get Bella Jean up to lvl 8 before I battle N.

I'm scared out of my wits for this next Gym Leader.

Also, cookie before I forget:

cookie.gif

So yeah, my team went through some mega changes:

496.gif

SNIVELLUS Lv.21
507.gif

PIE-FACE Lv.22
507.gif

L-LOLLIPOP Lv.22
515.gif

WATERBOY Lv.21
520.gif

DOVELY Lv.22
527.gif

WUTANG Lv.21
535.gif

SPERMA Lv.21

I listed all seven Pokemon I have but I'm going to be boxing Woobat for this fight because I know they'll have Dark type Moves that will easily kill it anyway. So yeah, some Water types, Normal Types, and two other random ones. I was really hoping to get a Timburr from Pinwheel Forest, but alas, I got the Tadpole. I fully expect to lose at least one Pokemon from this. Oh yeah, also, when I was grinding in the Route 3 double battle grass, I found:
522.png

(That's a Shiny Blitzle if you couldn't tell, it's extremely hard to tell actually which kinda sucks) That was pretty awesome. It was a super pain to catch with the majority of my team being Electric weak but I managed to catch it in the last Ball I had (a Great Ball). Don't worry, I'm not going to be using it for this run. He's going to be boxed forever in this game and then I'll transfer him over to my White Version later.

So yeah, onto the Gym. My plan was to use my two Intimidate dogs to my advantage with careful switching. I'm willing to sacrifice one of them, but I might need to sacrifice both. I also taught both of them Rock Smash for a little extra insurance.

Her Herdier went down with a combination of my Rock Smash and Take Down's recoil. Now here comes the Hypnosis+Retaliate monster...wow, Retaliate did less than half after an Intimidate. I'm honestly surprised. :D But...it's faster so sleep time lol. Another Intimidate cuz I can. And four more. She makes Hypnosis look like it's 100% accurate, seriously. >_> And one random speed tie lol. Just keep healing with Potions/Awakenings. This is why I bought five of the latter haha. FINALLY a Hypnosis missed, jeez. And a Def drop from Rock Smash, sweet. But..Hypnosis. GOD First turn wake up ftw and I killed the Watchog.

Wow, all survived. And I only used my two dogs for the fight. *shades* :p I'll probably be grinding to around Lv.24/25 for the next Gym.

dmaster out.

Back