The New Era

Shining Raikou

Your friendly neighborhood Raikou fan!
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Today marks a shift in management at PB Forums. I am honored and privileged to reside over PB Forums as it's new main forum administrator. [admin]Water Pokémon Master[/admin] will now focus mostly on work for the main PB.com page. He will still be concerned with everything PB, but focusing most of his efforts on the main site.

Many of you have spoken up to me about your experiences on this forum, and I appreciate your valuable insight into what's going on here at PB. It's one of the things that helps better decisions be made around here, and it's what is helping bring about a renaissance here at PB Forums. Plans are underway right now to make unprecedented changes to rules, policies, and more. We're not changing everything, but we want to make it work better. Make it work more for the members.

I have been fortunate to gain many wonderful experiences on PB, and meet people from all walks of life. There are so many of you out there that share a passion for Pokémon. I'm glad that so many of you choose to call PB your source for news and content. Going forward, that thought motivates me tremendously. I want us to make PB Forums even better than it ever has been. That starts with reigniting some old flames, and burning some new ones to light the way forward towards a more fruitful, thriving PB. Members are what made PB so great when I first joined this site, and they still do. But we don't create as much as we used to. From now on, I want to PB to be known for creative thinking, and for being a place where individual work is valued tremendously. So, I hope you'll stand tall with me and others who are determined to see PB's success go through the roof.

I am pleased to announce the other staff changes as well, which are:
  • [mod]Shivershaft[/mod] is now a mod.
  • [mod]Ice Arceus[/mod] is now a mod.
  • [member]Dark-Giratina[/member] and [member]The Fire Wyrm[/member] are now Contributors.

Welcome aboard! I hope many more of you will step up to create in the future, and help PB grow. If you ever have any questions about the forums, opportunities, concerns, or issues, do not hesitate to PM me.

Here's to the future! :)

Is this the major announcement?

Also, this means that we get groups back, right? :p

Interesting stuff, guys! Looking forward to some of these creative changes you mentioned. It'd be great to see PB recognized as one of the best Pokemon websites in the world, and I'm confident that can happen.

Staff changes are nice and all, but imo its what the new staff do that matters. I'll be watching for any actual signs of improvement/degrading in the forums before I form an opinion on if these changes were good or not.

With the help of everybody this site can become one of the best.
Even if I don´t pay much attention to some things, I will try to be aware of the changes.

New-Era-Logo-psd3155.png

I enthusiastically welcome the promotion of SR to admin; I wish that had been done back when I was a mod. Don't really know the other guys, but congrats anyway!

I also like the other changes mentioned, but I'm not convinced that they'll dramatically affect the forums... at least not until I see some more details. We've had a lot of "fresh starts" at PB, but there's nobody who can say that this one won't be successful just because previous ones weren't.

Just a minor suggestion, but perhaps WPM should have a separate user group. Something like "founder". It would just be a physical change; he'd still be a virtual admin. I frequently see people contact WPM about various things just because they know he's the head of the site. But most of them don't get a response because WPM is so busy with other things. It would be a shame to have new members feel like they were being ignored just because they don't understand WPM's role on the forums. Making it clear that SR is the head guy would be great in my opinion.

please don't turn this forum into cats

(congrats!)

Watching Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood and then seeing all these promotions and changes is not a good combo for me. :p

Congrats on the promotions, everyone!!

Congrats! I'm hoping this change will inspire and result to more constructive and informative discussions on the Pokemon TCG.

I'm just sayin' but this is overdue, it should've happened ages ago :p. Great work SR, and I hope that the forums continue to flourish!

In my almost three years on the forum for the first time I saw SR non pink. It freaked me out for a second. I'm glad it happened and am looking forward to the future of the forum. Congratulations everyone!

I log in today after playing about 10 minutes of BW2. In those 10 minutes I felt like I fought a Robot Master from classic MegaMan.
I head to the library and I see that WPM is now going to focus on the news stories, while leaving SR in charge of the forum.

I have been waiting for this moment for years.

Today is hereby declared awesome.

Jay said:
My question is, wasn't SR always in charge of the forums?

Technically yes, but before it was only by proxy.

Awww, little PB is finally growing up! <3

Sounds good, as long as we keep this place family-friendly!!!
Oh and btw, what happend to fav pokemon and such under User CP? Is that one of the changes?

Several profile fields were removed. If you have a good argument on why a particular field should be brought back, you are free to contact us with it.

Back