Collecting The "Look What I Pulled" & Pull Rates Thread

Weighing is effective but generally considered immoral. We don't allow the discussion of such practices here because of this.

Athena said:
Weighing is effective but generally considered immoral. We don't allow the discussion of such practices here because of this.

I was just curious if it was true or not. (I don't really see how that would at all work out well to take a scale into a store.... ) If I need to take my question down I can. :) I don't want to cause any trouble. I was not by any means asking because I was going to start going out and weighing card packs. Like it doesn't seem feasible to me.

Nah, as long as the discussion doesn't actually go into the process of how you weigh, etc. it's fine. But, yes, it is a thing that people do, and always something to beware of if you're buying loose packs from a store.

I like to believe bending packs works. When I'm buying 3 packs I'll push on each pack to see if they bend really easily or are too hard to bend.

Though I don't know if it works since usually when I open a 3 pack thinking an ex or ultra rare is in a certain pack it ends up being a nonholo rare and the ex/ultra rare is in a different pack alltogether. I think it works more like the shaking the packs to see which one feels heavier. It's just in the mind.

Moreso I buy 3-packs based on artwork
I'll buy a 3 pack if it has 3 different artworks or if it has 2 Aggron or 2 Gard next to each other (ex. Aggron/Aggron/Kyorge)

I skip packs that have two Kyorge artworks or 2 artworks with the double one split on each side(ex Grou/Kyorge/Grou)

I tend to look for packs with 2 Mega Aggron packs in them and I avoid packs with 2 Kyorge packs in them. It's definitely worked for me for Primal Clash.
I've pulled like 40 ultra rares, granted a lot of duplicates but i prefer to pull ultra rares opposed to bcbming them.

Today a bought a bunch of 3 packs and 4 single packs from 6 different sets.

tumblr_nlkpydCfmy1r12rm4o8_r1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nlkpydCfmy1r12rm4o9_r1_1280.jpg

The Florges Full Art is the last Full Art Pokemon I needed from the set, though strangely it's the only Japanese Full Art I owned after opening 2 Phantom Gate booster boxes last October.

Bought a Kyogre tin, a Groudon tin and 8 of the single blister packs. I'd had fairly good luck with primal clash, so I had pretty high hopes...

Kyogre tin:
4 non-holo rares -_-

Groudon tin:
4 non-holo rares -__-

The first 5 blister packs I opened had, you guessed it, non-holo rares.

But then, of the last 3, I got a Hippowdon holo, Kyogre EX Full Art and an Enhanced hammer secret rare :D

Bought 15 Primal Clash Dollar Store packs and pulled :

Primal Groudon EX
Sharpedo EX FA
Kyogre EX FA
Maxie's Hidden Ball Trick FA

Overall I got amazing pulls!

All Ultra rares and rh were in the 2nd card slot.

I opened a couple of those Green 3 packs from Target.

The one that had XY, Rising Rivals and Plasma Storm had a couple new reverses.

The one that had XY and 2 Plasma Freeze had Holo Trevenant, Holo Ghetsis, Rev Xerneas and a Deoxys Full Art.

tumblr_nlzovhfew31r12rm4o1_1280.jpg

So now I've pulled Random Receiver SR, Sigilyph SR, Deoxys FA, Blastoise FA, Surfing Pikachu, Yveltal Ex, Skarmory Ex, White Kyurem Ex(PS), Black Kyurem Ex(PS), Dialga Ex.

The feeling when I pull out 2 M Aggron EX from a Blister, and 3 M Gardevoir EX from random packs, yet not regular aggron ex nor gardevoir ex... )=

I opened some 3 pack/pin blisters and 2 of the coin/promo blisters. Meijer had a sale on Pokemon cards, all cards were buy one get one 50% off.

I found the best way to use this was on single packs or the 3 pack blisters since the tins and promo boxes have horrible pull ratios.

I did try the bending trick on the single coin packs but not on the 3 packs.
tumblr_nlzovhfew31r12rm4o2_r1_1280.jpg
Overall I got my second most wanted card from Primal Clash, the Full Art Primal Kyorge. The other pack had a non holo rare, there were like 5 Primal Clash ones on the shelf so I mostly just bought the other one to get the half off.
tumblr_nlzovhfew31r12rm4o3_r1_540.jpg
I also got an ex in each of the 3 packs, I'm still looking for Full Art Heracross from Furious Fists but I'm not currently planning on buying any more Furious Fists single packs, mostly just opening packs released in new promo boxes or tins. I could buy it singly but I really don't want to buy a lot of BCBM's, I've bought 8 in my life, 4 from XY and 4 from Dark Explorers and I'm patient. I'll get it someday.

Bought 4 Double Crisis Blister packs today, and got 2 Groudon EX and a Kyogre EX. I don't know if that's good for a mini set or what.
Anybody think this is gonna be worth anything?

Slowbro Master said:
Bought 4 Double Crisis Blister packs today, and got 2 Groudon EX and a Kyogre EX. I don't know if that's good for a mini set or what.
Anybody think this is gonna be worth anything?

The pull rates on it seem very high, so I don't think there's going to be a huge amount of money-however I'm sure some cards will be useful in tcg, claydol looks useful.

I bought 2 triple blisters of primal clash and got 4 Wailord FA -_-

Could have sworn I posted this before but on the 4th I bought 5 of the Gengar Spirit Link packs from Gamestop since they are 5 dollars now, I got a Toxicroak Full Art and a Manectric Holo.

Today I opened a couple more Ditto 3 packs, one had nothing. The other had a Full Art Trevenant and a M Aggron Ex.

I think this is the 2nd time I've gotten 2 ultras in a 3 pack blister from Primal Clash. 4th time overall, though 2 of those 4 times included a secret rare and an ex.

Haven't posted in awhile, went to Toys r us a few days ago and bought some packs there, got a Mew Ex, a Rayquaza Ex and a Gardevoir Ex.

Yesterday I went to Walmart and got some more Primal Clash packs, got a Camerupt Ex finally and also another Primal Kyorge Ex.

Today I went to Target and found they restocked the green 3 packs so bought 5. At 9.99 for 3 packs they are a really good deal and are usually really lucky. I've pulled 3 secret rares and a few full arts from them in the pack.

Here's the whole picture.
tumblr_nlzovhfew31r12rm4o5_r1_1280.jpg
The Rare Candy is new, it's my 3rd Plasma Blast secret rare pulled after 2 Exeggcutes. Also my 4th secret rare from these 3 packs and the Mewtwo Full Art is one of 2 full arts I needed from Next Destinies and it was in the same 3 pack as the Rare Candy. The 3rd pack had a Jynx btw.

The last 3 pack had a Korrina Full Art, I noticed the two great packs had the same pack sets. (Furious Fists/Next Destinies/Plasma Blast) All the packs on the shelf had the same holo with the reverse Stoutland unfortunately.

tumblr_nlzovhfew31r12rm4o6_r1_1280.jpg
tumblr_nlzovhfew31r12rm4o7_r1_1280.jpg

I went to Meijers yesterday and got a couple 3 packs, also what they had left for single packs from XY and Furious Fists. So I XY pack and 4 Furious Fists packs.

For new cards I got a Rev Pink Vivillon from Xy and Rev Goodra from Phantom Forces.

I also got another Korrina FA in the single packs. I think the last time I got the same full art in the span of 3 days was Yveltal back when I started collecting cards again in late 2013.

Bought a Flygon box Last night <3 Of the four packs I pulled Sharpedo EX from one of the primal packs and a Full Art Florges from the Phantom forces

A little over a week ago I attended wondercon and a friend and I were buying up older packs from sets we missed out on. (Boundaries and Dragon Vault packs for 3$ omg) I pulled a Fullart Registeel EX and a Shiny Secret Rare Serperior from 7 packs, She pulled a full art Regigigas and a bunch of amazing things I can't remember

On the last day of con I won the pokemon league and won 18 packs (8 Primal, 5 Phantom, 5 XY)

In those I got: Yveltal EX, M Gengar EX, Primal Groudon EX, and......Gold enhanced Hammer!! <3

AND FINALLY I REEEEAAALLLYY wanted some boundries because I'm looking for full art White Kyurem and my friend buys the last of them from toys r us (4 packs) and she pulls Full art Cheren!!

It's been a great week!

One of my friends bought a Kyogre-EX tin and it had crazy pulls!!
It had a Malamar-EX, Toxicroak-EX (I /think/ it was FA) and Professor Birch's Observations FA.

Just bought 4 PHF packs so see if I could get a dang VS Seeker...

Instead I pulled a Genger-EX and 3 non-holo rares. Oh well.

Back