Collecting The "Look What I Pulled" & Pull Rates Thread

MrSquarepants

Heavenly Illusion Star
Use this thread to list and discuss the pulls you get from any Pokemon TCG product or the pull rates of any Pokemon TCG products! Pictures are preferred when you pull something cool, please! Also, please don't post if you pulled a totally lame pack! This is for the best pulls you've had or discussing how often some pulls happen.

---

I think I've just gotten really lucky but I've gotten some really good pulls from boxes. But what do you guys think... do boxes (not booster boxes, the box that comes with promos and stuff), blisters and tins have better rates? Well lemme give you a recap of some of the stuff I've gotten...

First box ever, this was when I quit Pokemon and was thinking about getting back into it, I got a Darkrai and Cresselia box. The one with the Lv X promos and the Jumbo card legend card. The goodies I got...

Snorlax Lv X (and I didn't know this was worth money at the time)
Kingdra Prime (sold it to Gamingetc for 7$ and didn't know it was worth 20$ back then :X)
Shiny Vulpix (didn't even realize it was shiny)

After buying two new Black and White theme decks I wanted to try to see what new cards are out... I got a full art Zekrom from a Reshiram tin at Best Buy. Thought it was super valuable but not really.

Not too long I bought another tin from a different Best Buy I got a Zekrom tin. And I got a full art Reshiram, woooooahhh, I started thinking maybe all these tins come with it?

And then I got some tins with Oshawott, Snivy and Tepig (the one with the figures). So outta 9 tins, 36 packs I got Flying Pikachu, Mew Prime, Shiny Groudon, Shiny Entei, Darkness Energy holo, Psychic Energy holo, and Water energy holo but a load of holos that were... relatively worthless but I did get more holos than rares which is always awesome.

Moving on to the Evolved action tins... I got two full art Tornadus (yaaay...) and a Thundurus full art (omg...) which considering the packs in there, could have been better had those two not gotten full arts...

Then came the EX dragons tins... I think the first two were kinda bad I didn't get any EX's but then at a Target I told my brother to be lucky and pick one and a Kyurem tin had a Mewtwo EX. WOW.

I also got a Mewtwo Box which had a Kyurem EX. Meh. Still an EX though.

Next were the Legendary tins which I got a Rayquaza and Mewtwo tin. The Rayquaza... didn't have anything special. Oh wait no it had a Tornadus full art from EP... >_> and the Mewtwo one... I didn't bother opening the Black and White packs since I wanted to sell the tin 10 years from now but then I got curious and the Emerging powers still had nothing but the Black and white one had a Pikachu ultra rare which was cool but still not shiny Rayquaza...

And for Boundaries Crossed I bought two blisters and they both had full arts. (WHAT) Cheren and Black Kyurem EX.

So yea... what do you think? Are tins luckier? Or was it just my beginner's luck?

Ice

Returnee
RE: Pokemon Tins, 3 Pack Blisters & Special Boxes: Better pull rates?

I think that tins contain random cards. But other then that you are lucky, oh yeah and since when does bestbuy sell pokemon?

Kingsley

Aspiring Trainer

I HAve Spent Over 250 Australian Bucks On Pokemon And I hAv eONly Pulled One Ex. So I Think You ARe Lucky

Blui

lv85 paladin

Just you being lucky, I bought a case of tins and only got 2 URs.

MountainDrew

Wishes Mega Umbreon would exist

I bought 2 of the boundaries crossed triple blisters and got an EX out of each which were: landorus and cresselia.

Brave Vesperia

Forum Smod
Forum Super Mod
Forum Mod

2 of my friends got 3 pack blisters, 1 pulled 2 Black Kyurem EX, the other pulled Cresselia EX. I got one and pulled nothing good besides an Aspertia City Gym. =/

But yeah, you've been really lucky.

Salamencetrainer34

I am out of smash codes.

It appears the Cresslia/Darkai LV. X boxes have a guaranteed LV,. X in the packs (Not promos). Believe me, I got 1 and snorlax LV. X, youtube search it, show me one with no LV. X's

omahanime

Come and visit me.
Elite Member
Advanced Member

hammer time! said:
oh yeah and since when does bestbuy sell pokemon?

They have been selling for years.

omahanime

Come and visit me.
Elite Member
Advanced Member

Salamencetrainer34 said:
omahanime said:
They have been selling for years.
Really? Never noticed, where is it?

Originally it was back by video games. Now it is right before the cashiers.

MrSquarepants

Heavenly Illusion Star

Well I used to buy normal blisters, and would always gets really bad pulls unless they were just released. I've spent over 400$ (about 100 packs) on next destinies packs and got like 3x Reshiram EX FA, 1 Zekri
EX FA, 1 Shaymin EX FA, 1 Regigigas EX FA,and 1 Kyurem EX FA. Technically beats a box of you buy 4... But the rare ratio was really bad, LOTS of dupes, and almost no holos and EX's. Absolutely no shinies. Would have been better to get a box or several tins. That was a bummer waste of money that period... I dunno I'll continue experimenting.

And I don't think every Best Buy sells cards. There was a period where I worked for them and almost no Best Buy were selling cards so I couldn't use my employee discount. :( And a lot of them are behind. The braintree MA only sells Next Destinies while the Cambridge one only has Emerging Powers. Usually like omahanime said; at the front or near video games. But mine at Cambridge had them next to DVDs and exercise stuff... Yeah people will find those easy...

venasour x

Now I'm in college :)

Barns & Noble is now selling cards. Mine, anyway. Right behind the cashiers. Now I might have to get a membership card.

Does anybody else's sell cards?

MrSquarepants

Heavenly Illusion Star
RE: Do you get better pull rates from certain products?

Just tested it for realsies this time... Found some old HGSS tins with the shiny Legendary dogs/beasts.

Got Crobat Prime, Deoxys Rayquaza Legend and Scizor Prime and some worthless holos.

Then bought 3 Legendary EX tins of Mewtwo and Darkrai.

Pulled absolutely nothing!!! Oh. A full Thundurus... WOOO!!!

So it turns out I think, that Lv.X's, Legends, Full Arts (old ones) and primes were easier to pull before EX's and EX full arts.

Then again it could all just be luck of the draw. But man those three tins were just such a waste of moeny... 45$ and that FA Thundurus is worth like what? 6 bucks? Whoooooo...

I dunno y'all I'll try my luck again with the Plasma Storm Gift box and Spring tins. Mostly because the tins look epic. but I bet the box will get my a Noble Victory ultra rare... XP if it's Full Art N, I can live with that.

9Tailz

the human embodiment of garbodor

I've always had insane luck in booster boxes. In my Dark Explorers box I pulled FA Darkrai EX, Regular Darkrai EX, Regular Entei EX, and Shiny Archeops. In my Boundaries Crossed box I pulled FA Cresselia EX, FA Celebi EX, Regular Keldeo EX (3rd one I've pulled now O.O), 2 Computer Search (omg), and Shiny Rocky Helmet. I also have decent pulls in most booster packs I buy. Also, I've gotten an EX or FA (non-EX) in all Prereleases I've attended, and I actually pulled 2 EXs in my Dark Explorers prerelease, and 2 FA Tornadus in my Emerging Powers one (and absolutely nothing else, except for maybe a Catcher). Boundaries Crossed and Dark Explorers were very nice to me, lol.

Kingsley

Aspiring Trainer

I jUst Bought Two Victini Tins And Pulled 5 Holos. Out of 260+ dollars i've only pulled one ultra rare. Im going to buy a boundaries crossed box so I can get some ultra rares>

Salamencetrainer34

I am out of smash codes.

BC boxes are either good or bad. I had a pretty good box. I got Computer search, gold potion, both celebis, and a cheren FA. Also 1 blastoise holo.

ALSO: I bought 3 loose packs at a local comic store today. FULL ART WHITE KYUREM EX!!!! It is sooo awesome!

Kingsley

Aspiring Trainer

All The shops near be have packages booster. Some shops that don't the card packs are overpriced. I think ill just buy a few form one and hope i get something good.

Flys Gone 2071

Also known as Flygon2071

I've been luckier with tins too. My only EX pull was a Giratina EX FA from a legendary tin. I think it is more luck than tins having higher pull rates.

omahanime

Come and visit me.
Elite Member
Advanced Member

Elite Trainer Box I pulled the 138/135 Random Receiver.
Legends of Justice Box pulled 147/149 Bianca (which is available)

Jenkem

Aspiring Trainer

ive bought two elite trainer boxes, and pulled nothing but a single htl.....at least the dice were cool