The Broken Kabutops!

Airman829 said:
Draekfist said:
but when combined with ampharos it is broken

Hardly
Getting both Ampharos and Kabutops out on the field at the same time will be no easy task, and most decks will have easily set up by then
Getting two stage two's out normaly would just be slow, getting two when one if a fossil pokemon will be a bloody pain

It is not easy to get 2 rares at the same time on the play field but once it does happen chances the deck can be very devastating during battle.:)

I mean, come on. It can't be that hard to get out. If you run 4 rare candy, it shouldn't be a problem. Many great decks run two stage 2 lines, especially the japanese "secret" deck. Ok, not really, but, remember Metanight?

Any way, that works out perfectly. The energy problem shouldn't be hard if you use Smeargle starter.

I haven't read this whole thread but this card really caught my attention as well.

I think the 3 fossil cards are meant to work together. Maybe not the best combo in the world but you can really see it. Aerodactyle places the initial damage down for Kabutops, Kabutops spreads the damage, and Omastar devolves for some KOs. Very straightforward combo here... and it works very well with the PK counterparts. Devolve with Omastar DP4, pull it to the active slot with Kabutops PK for an Evo-Lock.

A very simple staple for this card that caught my eye, and could be the combo itself altogether, is Zapdos DP4. Yes, there's a coinflip unfortunately, but that doesn't mean you fail all of the time. With SSUs, you'll eventually get it. Plus, it's basic. 2 of those and 4 SSUs can get you some massive damage spreads. Absol EX can move that around and also works well with SSUs. If you choose to use Omastar DP4 as well, that also goes with SSUs. Never hurts to save yourself with an SSU, and having a Fossil Basic sorta hurts, so you don't gotta worry about grabbing another one if you scoop it.

Can you tell I wanna play this? >_>

xxashxx said:
It is not easy to get 2 rares at the same time on the play field but once it does happen chances the deck can be very devastating during battle.:)

True, but by the time you do it (if you are even able to) your opponent could have easily setup already, reducing their need for trainers

abaxter94 said:
I mean, come on. It can't be that hard to get out. If you run 4 rare candy, it shouldn't be a problem. Many great decks run two stage 2 lines, especially the japanese "secret" deck. Ok, not really, but, remember Metanight?

Metanite was two delta stage twos
Big differences between this deck and that one
A. You could mentor for the basics in the deck, as well as delta draw with holon castform
B. Metagross had a power that allowed you to set up, helping the deck run up to speed
C. Metanite still required alot of time and effort to make work, and it didnt always even setup

Massive difference in consistancy, power, and setup strategy.

I think LatiLock will be played in every deck without CC or PokéBodies when DP4 is out. It blocks not only Kabutops but also cards like Ampharos, Glaceon, Sceptile, Garchomp, Honchkrow and many more.

If the metagame will develope that way, Kabutops isn't that kind of broken. It's very simple to get out the two Latis with Mentor or Roseanne if you need them.

Yeah getting out Latilock is not hard, but it's pretty costly to waste 2 card spaces just for a Latilock. I for one have never had place for it. Then again, I never won anything. xP

Ruining 1 of all those decks out there is one thing, but ruining your own deck by starting with Latios ex is another. It's a decision that's up to you.

Technically, Latios ex has free retreat, so you can just send out another pokemon when you get one
Latias can draw you cards, so it isnt a bad start either

True, it is up to the average player to decide, but considering all the decks it can ruin just by dropping them, I would say it seems to be worth it.

Back