Team PokéBeach

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Team PokéBeach - Join Now!

Ohhh Saur becomes even better! Its funny because I actually use saur frequently in the OU and it works fine cause people never see it comming.
UU sounds fun but I barley have time for OU let alone Uber or UU.
BTW I have a RMT made but I'm saving it because Ive been using it frequently in tornys lately so I don't want to give away my team sence its been successful :p

Unfortunately, UU is never something I've had time to learn. I guess I'm just not proficient in the art of unusual metagames :S

It really isn't that bad of a metagame. I guess you could say that it is in a transition period, but it's still fun none the less. The thing with UU is that almost any variation of a team will work, provided you think through the team.

Also, thanks for doing that restructure LL. I had intentions to do that, but... in the end everything stayed on top of me :(. I'll try and stay more active where possible.

No problem. I was bored anyways.

I have stopped playing UU since Heart Gold and Soul Silver, but I'm still informed of the current changes that are revolutionizing the metagame. There has been a lot of theorymoning about the new moves available in HGSS, but it seems only few Pokemon made notable impacts (Nasty Plot Mismagius and Power Whip Swords Dance Venusaur).

I believe Aggron is still UU, correct? If it is, then that is another viable option with its monstrous Attack stat. With these new offensive threats, I wonder just how usable stall is nowadays. If I remember correctly, I think August is still using stall to his advantage.

However, there were a lot of strategies to employ (diffusion of Magic Coat, Weather Ball, Super Fang, Dragon Dance and Heal Bell), and these further increased creativity on team building, which is always a positive phenomenon. Vital changes include Crobat and Shaymin's transition to Borderline together with Rhyperior and Alakazam's fall of grace.

Yea, I do believe there are still a lot of sets that we haven't fully discovered with UU, which may be a reason to play it. With OU, there are really only a few sets remaining that may be plausible.

1) Competitive Battling Interests.
I take battling very seriously. I am capable of being as mature as one would want.

2) Post Your Team.
Here is the link to my current team. I still need to make a threat list. : /
http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=65000&pid=1323412#pid1323412

3) Battling Rules.
I use the same battling rules as you listed.

I like when people take Pokémon as serious business. This user is good clan material.

Aeroglyphix said:
I take battling very seriously. I am capable of being as mature as one would want.

2) Post Your Team.
Here is the link to my current team. I still need to make a threat list. : /
http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=65000&pid=1323412#pid1323412

3) Battling Rules.
I use the same battling rules as you listed.

Alright, you're in. If I remember correctly, I believe you were from Pe2k?

Anyways, remember to stay active and enjoy your time here!

Also, I'll rate your team once you get a threat list up.

Even with the addition of Rock Polish on Aggron, Rhyperior going down to UU left it in the dust and Rhyperior is clearly the better choice. Alakazam dies to any Pursuit coming from Spiritomb.

Stall isn't really viable at the moment and from the looks of it, most people run offense/bulky offense due to the likes of Raikou and Gallade. I really don't like the UU metagame at the moment so I don't bother playing it.

EDIT: I also noticed that I was moved up to Lieutenant. ^_^

Limitless said:
Welcome, and stay active.

Do you know anything in particular about the UU metagame (the current topic)?
UU is my home :] I know all the metagames pretty well except NU. Do you still need me to post my team?

The Assassin said:
UU is my home :] I know all the metagames pretty well except NU. Do you still need me to post my team?
That would be great. Maybe you could also relay to us some of the major big players in UU that we possibly may be able to take advantage of. Also, you could tell us if stall is even viable in the current state that the metagame is in.

Just throw at us whatever you've got.

UU? Registeel is obviously a big contender. It can take a hit, paralyze you, and possibly take something out with Explosion. Most super-effective hits it can take, but I have no idea if it can take an Earthquake from Rhyperior.

The Fallen One said:
UU? Registeel is obviously a big contender. It can take a hit, paralyze you, and possibly take something out with Explosion. Most super-effective hits it can take, but I have no idea if it can take an Earthquake from Rhyperior.

Registeel rarely ever plays as a physical wall down here. The only decent physical walls in UU is Weezing and Uxie, but that's my opinion. Stall, from what i've noticed, is best used with hail and or sandstorm via Snover or Hippototas. Hail in UU with stallerein is just broken. Sandstorm with cacturne or sandlsash is also just as bad. Overall, Hail is the way to go if you want to sucessfully stall.

With Roserade gone, toxic spikes is just dead. Unless you want to pit your nidoqueen against the most likely uxie lead, then you will most likely not be using toxic spikes. But now, pokemon no longer have to fear opening status. But right now, I've got a bad feeling about Rhyperior. When Rhyperior went UU, i was honestly just building a team using rhydon, and that wrecked. With sandstorm, rhyperior has nearly nothing in the way of it in UU. Also, Alakazam could be risky. She replaces Roserade perfectly when it comes to offense. But Alakazam honestly won't go up to BL anytime soon. You've got so many honchkrows and absols running around, alakazam is sure to get revenge killed at minimum.

So for overall threats in UU, i'd have to say:

Rhyperior
Mismagmius NPMag and SubLOMag)
Absol (SD and Revenge CB)
Scyther (Wannabe-Scizor)
Umbreon (Cursbreon)
Blaziken (Mixed Priority Attacker)
Uxie (Lead and Support sets)
Moltres (LO, Lead, Special sweeper)
Hailstall (Snover/Walrein combo)
Sandstorm ( in general )
Rain Dance (Teams)

Here are some pokemon which i can see become uprising threats:
Honchkrow (NPKrow, MixKrow)
Alakazam (CM and Trick sets)
Gallade (SD)
Froslass (In Hail Lead Spiker)
Walrein (In Hail: Super Fang Stallrein)

I just did a small touchdown on UU so i'll probably make edits when it's not 11:26 PM :p

EDIT: I noticed we needed a banner as our current one is temporary. Not sure if someone else was making one but I just made one for us if we are okay with it:
TPB.png

http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k393/whizpop/TPB.png

Plato said:
Even with the addition of Rock Polish on Aggron, Rhyperior going down to UU left it in the dust and Rhyperior is clearly the better choice. Alakazam dies to any Pursuit coming from Spiritomb.

Stall isn't really viable at the moment and from the looks of it, most people run offense/bulky offense due to the likes of Raikou and Gallade. I really don't like the UU metagame at the moment so I don't bother playing it.

EDIT: I also noticed that I was moved up to Lieutenant. ^_^

The reason why Aggron is so hyped up now is due to its new STAB move from HGSS, Head Smash. It has a monstrous 225 base attack with STAB, and on top of that, receives absolutely no recoil damage.

The most obvious, effective sets are the Rock Polish and Choice Band sets, each with their own respective dominant traits. There is some debate as to whether Aggron is actually better in OU rather than UU, but I'm fairly sure it can be built around a team that can be successful no matter what.

The Fallen One said:

If I remember correctly, I thought that Registeel was mainly used as a Special Wall? The reason why I distinctly remember this is because there were so many of these little buggers floating around when Shaymin was still in the UU tier. Either way, I doubt Registeel would be your number one option against either Rhyperior or even Aggron.

Also, Alakazam could be risky. She replaces Roserade perfectly when it comes to offense. But Alakazam honestly won't go up to BL anytime soon. You've got so many honchkrows and absols running around, alakazam is sure to get revenge killed at minimum.

I'm wondering whether or not Alakazam could be a viable screen setter now that Roserade's effectiveness as a lead has plummeted (obviously because it's now in BL...). Anyhow, it could definitely be a possible duplicate to Starmie or even Azelf of the OU tier. The only problem would be if there are a lot of priority in the lead slot, which I don't remember.

EDIT: I noticed we needed a banner as our current one is temporary. Not sure if someone else was making one but I just made one for us if we are okay with it:
TPB.png

http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k393/whizpop/TPB.png

Thanks for the banner, we needed it.

Woops, yeah I meant Head Smash.

I was probably thinking more of the set than the actual move. :p

Actually, I could see dual screen Alakazam working. I never really thought of it as a dual screener but now, he's the fastest user of it in UU and could be setup for some potentially dangerous pokemon, Rhyperior with SS and Dual screens could be the next big thing. A bit of a hassle to get lasting, but it is a possibility.

Oh and, I'll be editing my post with some userbars for the members of this Team. Should be done within two hours. :]

EDIT: Hurah!

Commanders:
Commander.png

http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k393/whizpop/Commander.png

Majors:
Major.png

http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k393/whizpop/Major.png

Lieutenants:
Lieutenant.png

http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k393/whizpop/Lieutenant.png

Troops:
Troop.png

http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k393/whizpop/Troop.png

Cadets:
Cadet.png

http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k393/whizpop/Cadet.png

I think i'll be redoing the text though..

Limitless said:
The reason why Aggron is so hyped up now is due to its new STAB move from HGSS, Head Smash. It has a monstrous 225 base attack with STAB, and on top of that, receives absolutely no recoil damage.

The most obvious, effective sets are the Rock Polish and Choice Band sets, each with their own respective dominant traits. There is some debate as to whether Aggron is actually better in OU rather than UU, but I'm fairly sure it can be built around a team that can be successful no matter what.

I've seen dual screen support and Sandstorm support for Aggron, which in any case, I run sometimes as well. Most things I've seen with Aggron are lead-Uxie and Umbreon supporting Aggron, one putting up dual screens and the other giving Wish-support. When played correctly, man, Aggron is one tough nut to take down.

I've never really seen a Rock Polish Aggron, considering most Aggron run Toxic as their last move to take down walls, but that's just my 2 cents.

Competitive Battling is THE reason I like pokemon. I love strategy based games. I particuarly love stall teams and bp teams because of the strategy involved, but I seem to have better luck with balanced teams.

2) Post Your Team.
<insert link here later>

3) Battling Rules.
I understand the universal rules as well as the typical Shoddy rules for tourneys.

4) Conduct.
when have I ever been a spammer? I'll be good.

UU :]

First thign I would like to speak about is HGSS. It's given the UU metagmae such a big shift, and I'd like to talk about two key things that I reckon could change UU.

1) Nasty Plot.

A lot more people have been given acess to nasty plot - (for those who don't know which will hopefully be no-one, Nasty plot raises the users SPA 2 points). Heres a list of the significant pokemon who got NP:

Jynx
Mismagius
Mr. Mime

I'll disucss them methodically:

Jynx is a so-so. Not sure how popular it will become even with its new fnagled toy. STAB ice beam is a plus, and if we look carefully Jynx actually has a nice special movepool. Grass Knot, Psychic, and shadow ball on the offensive, and taunt, rain dace, trick, heal bell, tox, trick room and dual screens on the support side. We know jynx has the right mvoepool to pull off a ncie sweep, but what about stats and typing?

Jynx is an ice/psychic type, which in a word is unhelpful. Only plus sides are a resistance to water, ice and psychic, as well as stab ice beam and psychic. Defensively, Jynx has merit in the special area, but on the offensive he sucks, big time. He takes super-effective damage from steel, rock, fire and fighting, as well as dark bug and ghost - although these aren't as much of an issure due to Jynx's high SpD.

Okay, so first problem I see is arcanine. One flair blit and its all over, and now with morning sun it can heal away the recoil damage. STAB X-scizor on scyther is an issue, espcially the banded varients. Absol, Blaziken (providing it outspeeds jynx), Dugtrio (yes its UU now) and many many others stop it dead.

IN a nutshell, I don't think NP jynx will be able to do much good. The Clam mind varietns will be mroe successful, because they can provide Jynx with a little SPD boost that helps with special counters. Acess to substitue could give jynx a possibilty with NP, but I don't see much of a furute in it.

Mismagius. I really see potential here, in OU too possibly. substitue/HP fighting/shadow ball/nasty plot would be my personal choice, and I think it works treats. A +2 shadow ball will put a lot of things to shame. I reckon that substitue is needed so you're not screwed over by sucker punch (especially on something like absol or honchrow), and then you can btie back with HP fighting. Seems nice. I can't see much wrong with it other than Miltank and Khangeskahn being issues, although in theory you should be able to eventually get rid of them with HP fighting. However, I still wouldn't reccomend staying in on either of those two pokemon. Life orb would be my item of choice here, but if you are having some troubles with surviving then you can run lefties, but its probably mroe to do with the set up you give Mismagius. All in all, seems great.

Lasty Mr. Mime. Mr mime seems to be greatful for Nasty plot, but not as a sweeper. I reckon we'll see this in Baton Pass treams now. Mr.Mime is often a star player in BP chains because of Soundproof, but now with a stat up move you can have one link in the chain that you would have otherwise needed replaced with something better. Although BP isn't sooo common in UU, Mr.Mime will be greatful for this in OU play, and perhaps because of this we will start to see mroe BP in UU.

2) Morning sun and recover.

These two recovery moves really make great additions to two paricular pokemon:

Arcanine
Quagsire

Arcanine really, and I mean really should be able to abuse a move like morning sun, especially in Sunny day teams which can run rampant in UU. Bulky arcanine too should be insanely greatful for morning sun. The one thing bulky arcanine always lacked was a healing move, and now he's got one. Bulky salamence, zapdos, and many others have been able to abuse roost and then dish out large attacks, and now arcy can do the same. I really hope this means alrcy will once again be re-introduced in OU, as heatran almost completely outclassed and replaced him once it came onto the scene. I hope the morning sun will put an emphasis on bulkyier sets and maybe bring this back into the OU metagame.

Quaggy is another great one. The one pure wall that doesn't have some kind of way to heal itself, that isn't water absorb. Water absorb is generally quite unreliable, and not very useful for two reasons: 1) it only heals a small amount of health and 2) you can only use it when you want to bring quagsire in. What aobut once he's already in the battle? Recover saves the day. I would go with Waterfall/Ice Punch/Yawn/Recover, to maxmize that age old Ice punch + yawn quaggy set, but give it a new toy in recover.

Also it would be cool to note that the eeveelutions got heal bell, crawdaunt and whiscash got dragon dance and aggron got head smash. Also, walrein got super fang.

safariblade said:
Competitive Battling is THE reason I like pokemon. I love strategy based games. I particuarly love stall teams and bp teams because of the strategy involved, but I seem to have better luck with balanced teams.

2) Post Your Team.
<insert link here later>

3) Battling Rules.
I understand the universal rules as well as the typical Shoddy rules for tourneys.

4) Conduct.
when have I ever been a spammer? I'll be good.

Welcome to the clan, and remember to stay active.

*I'll reply to Fridge's post in a bit.

What do you think of the current state of UU and is stall viable at the moment.

If you actually read the posts people are putting into this thread, it should be obvious that we're discussing the UU metagame...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back