Team PokéBeach

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Team PokéBeach - Join Now!

Toxic is probably the worst status in my opinion. I'd much rather have a Paralysis then a poisoning who will reduce the turns my pokemon can stay in. WoW isn't that big of an issue either, but it also cuts my attack which could be bad in some cases.

Prediction is only good if you now what your opponents is carrying, or his regular play style. I can't predict on a new player because I have no idea what the have and what they can bring in. People like Blue Thunder who I regularly ladder with I can predict against because I know how he plays out his team. But with someone I've never played before, I just play it safe.

1) Competitive Battling Interests.
I've been branching out into to new tiers and using new Pokemon lately and laddering when I get the chance, so I take it seriously.

2) Post Your Team.
It sucks, but it is a good read for one's who want to see what a good RMT looks like:
http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=56982

3) Battling Rules.
I agree with all clauses.

4) Conduct.
A Given

Since the prediction discussion seems to be "dead", I guess I'll say what I think on the status discussion (even though it isn't exactly a good discussion):

IMO, the best status condition will depend on what type of team you are facing. If you are playing against a Stall team, Toxic is great at breaking down those walls, allowing your sweepers to have a considerably easier time with them. However, if you are going against an offensive team, (one that isn't Weather-based, mind you) will care much more about Paralysis than Poison. Paralysis allows your sweepers to beat the opposing sweepers, and even lets your tanks get a hit on sweepers.

Sleep would be the best Status Condition if it wasn't for Sleep Clause, obviously. Burn is somewhat situational, but it can aid against Pokes who would otherwise leave a huge dent. It's outclassed by Toxic against defensive Pokemon, though. (Even by accuracy.)

Freeze is probably the worst Status Condition, given how it has a Clause and only has a 10% chance of happening at most. There is also a chance you can recover from it in one turn (faster than you will ever recover from Sleep), but IIRC it can take longer 5 turns. (I'm not too sure on this one, though.)

On a side note, I really need a new team. My Rain team doesn't like the Roserade leads and Stallish Pokes that currently run amok on the PB Shoddy Server. Hmm...I'll have to think on that one.

I personally feel sleep is the best condition followed closely by paralyze
With sleep you can manipulate you opponent into getting him to put out a particularly nasty pokemon and poof! Hes useless
Now paralyze can give you total control over what moves are called. It takes some of the guessing and luck out of the game for you. I enjoy having healing moves on my pokemon and para allows me to also completely null an opponents key sweeper with a single 100% accurate move

Also on a side note I have been using a team on shoddy and it is currently 5-0 so that may be the team I post up here soon

In my opinion I do have to say Poison is the worst special condition, especially if it is coming from Toxic. Giving a 12% every turn, it eliminates leftovers and if you are Roosting, Recovering, etc. You will have a set level of health depending on your opponents moves. Toxic with it's ever growing damage is just not a welcome addition. After 4 turns IIRC it is going to negate the effect of leftovers along with 25% recovery moves. However after 6-7 turns assuming your still alive it is going to stop leftovers and 50% recovery.

With limited ways to rid yourself of the condition this certainly makes it deadly. A list of the ones off the top of my head are, Rest, Refresh, Natural Cure, and Aromatherapy. You can also use Pecha? Berry. I don't remember the name but I believe is is Pecha Berry. Another way to "hold back" the damage is with a Pokemon knowing Poison Heal.

This most defiantly makes Poison the toughest special condition to deal with, in my personal opinion.

Yeah, but at least you can still attack when poisoned. If your frozen, you cant do anything.

Burn just sucks because it halves your attack, which is fine if your a Special attacker but still.
Poison steals more and more HP every round so its quick death. But at least you can still attack.

shadoworganoid said:
Yeah, but at least you can still attack when poisoned. If your frozen, you cant do anything.

Burn just sucks because it halves your attack, which is fine if your a Special attacker but still.
Poison steals more and more HP every round so its quick death. But at least you can still attack.

Freeze is something that you can work around. If you get frozen you can switch out, and then when you know you can switch it back in safely, you can get un-frozen. However with Poison you can't get rid of it unless with special means. Then with the constant drain, it makes your Pokemon useless. Although in Poison you can still attack, Poison still has worse terms to deal with then freeze.

Freeze is also VERY unreliable. I think the highest chance of inflicting it is 10%...which is quite small. Freeze also has a chance of going away in one turn, so the freeze might not even matter.

Sure, you can be stuck doing nothing, but that's the same way for Sleep and sometimes Paralysis. However, Sleep has way more accurate ways to inflict it, and is certain to last at least two turns. Paralysis completely neuters a sweeper without powerful priority. In most cases, Sleep outclasses Freeze. (Unless we're talking about RBY Freeze....the Freeze condition was glitched in that game. Freeze was an automatic death sentence then (You could not recover from it for the rest of the game))

... try and keep to the CURRENT topic please people :p. Whilst I appreciate the fact that you're happily discussing stuff, d9 put a new topic in place of the status one, so try and discuss that one.

Also, pay attention to what the topic ACTUALLY IS when it's made (this primarily concerns shadow because he started this). I SPECIFICALLY SAID in my topic starting post to EXCLUDE freeze - there shouldn't have been any talk about that at all.

Anyhow, I'll be restructuring the "tiers" of this clan soon, since a more efficient setup for the goals of the clan has been brought to my attention. It's likely to mean that most people will have to keep active and post intelligently to STAY here (isn't that the case right now anyhow?), but it's much better for the clan in general as a result. Don't be disheartened by anything - just be aware that we are changing soon :)

I did not start that.

Someone way back there posted about about special conditions, so I followed him thinking that was the subject. A page later, someone else posted about that, and I commented too.
But that was not me starting it.
*Glares*

As everyone on this site knows that I don't do well in battles but I have been doing a lot of team research on smogon. I don't have my team posted yet but as soon as I do I will give the team location. Also off topic I have always dreamed of being part of an elite group of battlers like you guys. Also know this: I work mostly with Rock, Ground and Steel types, however I have made a couple different teams and have been trying them on different battle servers. The only one that has proven to have any good chances of winning is my LRM Team Updated. This team has won me 7 out of 10 smogon ladder matches that I have played recently with it. The team was updated using the smogon battle sets recominded for each pokemon.

I hope once I post my team(s) you will consider me at least good enough to be accepted into your clan.

Thank you for your cooperation with me.

Posted an RMT as I promised.

http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=64330

This sounds interesting. :D I'll join any day. I have yet to post an updated team, but it'll be soon, I hope. With that said, I've covered the first and second rule. Yes, I do use all the clauses and gladly accept them.

I take Battling seriously (as serious as you can take a game), and I follow the clauses listed in the main post. My team is added as an attached file.

Attachments

• entry.txt
    2.6 KB · Views: 10

My team has been posted in the Rate My Team section of the forum. So feel free to take a look at it if you like.

Phazon-764 said:
I've been branching out into to new tiers and using new Pokemon lately and laddering when I get the chance, so I take it seriously.

2) Post Your Team.
It sucks, but it is a good read for one's who want to see what a good RMT looks like:
http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=56982

3) Battling Rules.
I agree with all clauses.

4) Conduct.
A Given

Welcome, stay active.

LegendaryRockMaster said:
As everyone on this site knows that I don't do well in battles but I have been doing a lot of team research on smogon. I don't have my team posted yet but as soon as I do I will give the team location. Also off topic I have always dreamed of being part of an elite group of battlers like you guys. Also know this: I work mostly with Rock, Ground and Steel types, however I have made a couple different teams and have been trying them on different battle servers. The only one that has proven to have any good chances of winning is my LRM Team Updated. This team has won me 7 out of 10 smogon ladder matches that I have played recently with it. The team was updated using the smogon battle sets recominded for each pokemon.

I hope once I post my team(s) you will consider me at least good enough to be accepted into your clan.

Thank you for your cooperation with me.

Bye.

Plato said:
Posted an RMT as I promised.

http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=64330

That is a very well balanced team, and I'm sure the clan will learn a thing or two from it.

ArmaldoEX said:
This sounds interesting. :D I'll join any day. I have yet to post an updated team, but it'll be soon, I hope. With that said, I've covered the first and second rule. Yes, I do use all the clauses and gladly accept them.

Welcome, stay active.

lilsparks101 said:
I take Battling seriously (as serious as you can take a game), and I follow the clauses listed in the main post. My team is added as an attached file.

Welcome, stay active.

I also reworked the ranking system. It will be much easier to make the clan, but that much harder to gain ranks within the clan. To get higher ranks you must always be active with the discussion at hand, intelligent conversations, stellar battling, and increased production in tournaments. However, for the most part, activity will be the biggest factor.

Well to start, I'd like to ask you guys how much you know about the UnderUsed metagame. How many of you actually play it? Any ladder production? What types of teams do you play within the metagame? Really just conjure up anything you know about the UU metagame. From that we will branch the conversation out.

The long awaited Team Pokebeach finally emerged? What kind of Team Pokebeach is a Team Pokebeach without me? :]

Been doing competitive for 3 years now, Haven't done too well in any of the past tournaments but I've gotten pretty good over the past few months if i do say so myself :>

2) Post Your Team.
I'll make a RMT in a few minutes.

3) Battling Rules.
Evasion Clause
Freeze Clause
OHKO Clause
Sleep Clause
Soul Dew Clause
Species Clause
Strict Damage Clause
Timed Battle

4) Conduct.
You guys know i'm above flaming. :]

The Assassin said:
The long awaited Team Pokebeach finally emerged? What kind of Team Pokebeach is a Team Pokebeach without me? :]

Been doing competitive for 3 years now, Haven't done too well in any of the past tournaments but I've gotten pretty good over the past few months if i do say so myself :>

2) Post Your Team.
I'll make a RMT in a few minutes.

3) Battling Rules.
Evasion Clause
Freeze Clause
OHKO Clause
Sleep Clause
Soul Dew Clause
Species Clause
Strict Damage Clause
Timed Battle

4) Conduct.
You guys know i'm above flaming. :]

Welcome, and stay active.

Do you know anything in particular about the UU metagame (the current topic)?

Unfortunately, UU is never something I've had time to learn. I guess I'm just not proficient in the art of unusual metagames :S

It does seem quite interesting though. It would be nice to try a game where some of my favourites are much more useful... like Milotic lol. Idk, if I get the time to I might see if I can start playing it.

Also, thanks for doing that restructure LL. I had intentions to do that, but... in the end everything stayed on top of me :(. I'll try and stay more active where possible.

I have stopped playing UU since Heart Gold and Soul Silver, but I'm still informed of the current changes that are revolutionizing the metagame. There has been a lot of theorymoning about the new moves available in HGSS, but it seems only few Pokemon made notable impacts (Nasty Plot Mismagius and Power Whip Swords Dance Venusaur). However, there were a lot of strategies to employ (diffusion of Magic Coat, Weather Ball, Super Fang, Dragon Dance and Heal Bell), and these further increased creativity on team building, which is always a positive phenomenon. Vital changes include Crobat and Shaymin's transition to Borderline together with Rhyperior and Alakazam's fall of grace.

I seldom ladder UU-Wise, so aside from the intelligence gathered, I doubt I can express a firm opinion about the metagame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back