Team PokéBeach

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Team PokéBeach - Post for a forum war try-out

WAR IS COMING.

Post in the thread if your interested in trying-out and you shall face my test team.

I'm interested in playing for PokeBeach.

I'm interested I guess, although I'm not ready to take the tryout just yet.

I joined. I'll have to make a new team since my laptop died....well, time to be serious into making one!

I would like to wish everyone good luck in their tryout match. Dragon9 there is something else I'd like to talk to you about. I'll try and find you on chat, aim, or shoddy.

Hi.
I actually forgot that im on this clan list.
HOwever, due to the big plans I have in mind for my return to wifi battling and stuff, I will be starting a new clan of my own for both wifi and shoddy, so I guess i need to drop from this list.

Sorry, and thanks.

You can actually be in both this clan and a normal clan; it isn't against the rules. I believe it specifically mentions that in the first post.

Its not too late to join. You just need to fill out the application on the first post.
@Dragon9: When are the decisions as to who is battling in the war going to be made?

I'd still like to get my test battle... I've been on AIM nearly the whole time I've been hope. I really want to get it done today if possible.

1) Competitive Battling Interests.
I take stuff like this seriously, although I could make jokes or puns every once in a while.

2) Post Your Team.
Here you go!

Swampert
Infernape
Gliscor
Cresselia
UrsarangAmbipom
AlakazamRaikou

Main info

Swampert Nickname:pizza Pie
Attacks: Stealth Rock, Roar, EQ, and Avalanche
EV spread:252 HP, 56 Attack, 100 Defence, and 100 Sp. Defence
Nature:Careful
Item:Leftovers
Ability:Torrent
Strategy:Get up Stealh Rock. Roar out to something you can take down. If you run into a Roserade, Switch to something else.

Infernape Nickname: Fuzzy Fire
Attacks: Flare Blitz, Thunder Punch, EQ, and Cose Combat
EV spread:252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Nature:Jolly
Item:Life Orb
Ability:Blaze
Strategy:It's a sweeper. T-punch is for Gyrados and other water or flying types. The other moves are for type coverage.

Gliscor Nickname: Grilled Cheeze
Attacks:Agility, Swords Dance, Baton Pass, EQ
EV spread:252 HP, 176 Defence, and 80 Sp. Defence
Nature:Impish
Ability:Hyper Cutter
Strategy:Get up a sub and an Agility asap. Then Baton Pass to Cresselia.(see below)

Cresselia Nickname:Starfish
Attacks: Calm Mind, Psychic, Ice Beam, and Moonlight
EV spread: 252 HP, 100 Defence, 60 Sp. Attack, and 96 SP. Defence
Nature:Modest
Ability:Sand Stream Levitate
Strategy: Try to get an Agility from Gliscor. Then, Calm Mind up 2-3 times, 4 or more if they aren't doing anything, and while restoring HP every turn while (hopefully) sweeping with a wall. Use Moonlight if you are running low on HP.

Ambipom Nickname: Barrel Roller
Attacks:Fake Out, Double Hit, Pursuit, and U-Turn
EV Spread:252 Speed, 252 Attack, and 4 HP
Nature:Jolly
Item:Silk Scarf (Boosts Normal Type Moves by 20%)
Ability:Technician
Strategy:Fake Out the opponent once you get out. Technician and the Silk Scarf will help. Then do whatever seems to do the most at the time. U-turn will help you get multiple Fake Outs.

Raikou Nickname:Banana King
Attacks: Calm Mind, Substitute, Thunderbolt, and Shadow Ball
EV Spread: 252 Sp. Attack, 252 Speed, and 4 HP
Nature:Timid
Ability:pressure
Strategy:It's a Calm Mind sweeper. It will outspeed many things as long as it doesn't have a choice band as an item. Sub and then Calm Mind, then T-bolt and Shadow Ball your way to victory.
Team subject to change

3) Battling Rules.
Yes, I use Evasion, Sleep, Freeze, 1HKO, Soul dew, and Species Clause.

4) Conduct.
I will follow all of the rules. I have my own team on pokebeach so this shouldn't be a lot different(rule-wise).

I'd really run Avalanche instead of Ice Punch on Swampert. If you get hit with an attack, Avalanche's power doubles making it stronger than IcePunch.
Quick Powder only affects Ditto. Change that to Life Orb.
If you are trying to get multiple Calm Minds up on Cresselia, I'd really recommend a recovery move on it, be it Rest or other.
I see a flaw with your Ursaring plan. While it would do a lot of damage, without any speed boost it will get ko'd really fast. I believe you are better off being BP'd an Agility fro that purpose. If you changed Vaporeon to Gliscor you could pass Agility and possibly Swords Dance if you wanted to risk that.

Well I want to join :D

1. Battling experience is fail :(

2. RMT

Arcanine (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 192 HP/252 Atk/64 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Toxic
- Flare Blitz
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Extremespeed
---
Metagross @ Lum Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 112 HP/252 Atk/12 Def/132 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Zen Headbutt
- Agility
---
Infernape (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Fire Punch
- Mach Punch
---
Salamence (M) @ Nothing
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 232 Atk/24 Def/252 Spd
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Dragon Dance
- Fire Blast
- Outrage
- Earthquake
---
Bronzong @ Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/152 Atk/96 SDef
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Explosion
- Gyro Ball
---
Lucario (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Bullet Punch
---
I am aware of the rules and proper conduct as well

note: I know the x4 Ground weak on the posted team. I'm playing around Fire/Steel for some tournament I have locally using those gym themes :p

dragonexpert said:
I'd really run Avalanche instead of Ice Punch on Swampert. If you get hit with an attack, Avalanche's power doubles making it stronger than IcePunch.
Quick Powder only affects Ditto. Change that to Life Orb.
If you are trying to get multiple Calm Minds up on Cresselia, I'd really recommend a recovery move on it, be it Rest or other.
I see a flaw with your Ursaring plan. While it would do a lot of damage, without any speed boost it will get ko'd really fast. I believe you are better off being BP'd an Agility fro that purpose. If you changed Vaporeon to Gliscor you could pass Agility and possibly Swords Dance if you wanted to risk that.
ok, will make changes. Thanks for the help! by the way, am i in the team or not?

Cal won't say at this time. In the meantime I would recommend studying up and practicing. This is one of the biggest tournaments of the year as you are probably aware. Many of the gym leaders will likely be participating.

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, not that I was missed either way lol.

@Hatman: Wouldn't it be better to change Ursaring's Aerial Ace to Protect? With Protect you can scout and activate guts without taking any damage. I would run Fire Punch also but I don't know what you would run it over (Probably Ice Punch since Facade will do enough damage to Flying/Grass pokemon).

@Riskbreakers: I'd run Life Orb or at least Leftovers on your Salamence

lilsparks101 said:
Sorry I haven't posted in a while, not that I was missed either way lol.

@Hatman: Wouldn't it be better to change Ursaring's Aerial Ace to Protect? With Protect you can scout and activate guts without taking any damage. I would run Fire Punch also but I don't know what you would run it over (Probably Ice Punch since Facade will do enough damage to Flying/Grass pokemon).

@Riskbreakers: I'd run Life Orb or at least Leftovers on your Salamence
i dont run protect cuz of if i baton pass in, then i get burned immeadiatly. and if I have Ariel ace, then i can counter fighting types. and ice punch is for the dragons, not grass/flying.

I see your point on the baton passed agility, so instead of protect keep Ice Punch and add Fire Punch. Fire Punch is a big help in OU play since you can hurt Skarmory/Foretress/Scizor.

What Fighting type are you going to run into that won't get destroyed by Facade? The only three I can think of that you'll see in OU are Lucario Heracross and Machamp. Lucario is already covered by Earthquake so nothing to worry about for him. Heracross is rarely seen but he'll be taken care of by Fire Punch (which adds to coverage). Machamp takes 120% from Aerial Ace (Factored in SE) while Facade with stab and burn addition makes Facades damage well over 120% (140% before factoring stab).

There are 4 dragons commonly seen in OU Latias/Salamence/Flygon/Kingdra. Kingdra is better hit by Facade. Latias is better hit by facade. Flygon is killed if its at 90% (A guess from what i remember). Salamence still takes a hefty amount (can't give exact amount). From this I think that Fire Punch is more valuable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back